Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairnessplease

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
The word "nigga" is NOT racist and used lots on the bay area. No one uses the term "nigger". I think the rules need to change in regards to this. I understand a thread was made about this years ago, but I would like to bring up the subject. Lots of people are being banned for using the term "nigga" in a friendly way. According to the definition:

"Nigga is a word which evolved from the derogative term "nigger". Tupac best defined the distinction between the two.

NIGGER- a black man with a slavery chain around his neck.

NIGGA- a black man with a gold chain on his neck."

For example, in game, I say: Yo, my NIGGA Shots Fired, how are you?
Fuck that NIGGA, he got a nest in the attic.
Can a NIGGA lend me a pencil?
Damn my NIGGA, nice find.

This would be allowed, but this WOULD NOT be allowed.
Fuck you NIGGER.
BLACK NIGGER.
People who dumb rate is a NIGGER.
Bottiger is a NIGGER.

See the difference? Now I understand it would be confusing for moderators to determine what is racist and what is not, but that's why people appeal their bans for second opinions. Not many people use these terms so we won't have a plethora about them.

I don't really like to use the word myself, but I absolutely HATE people getting banned for using the word NIGGA in a friendly way. Obviously there is a fine line between using NIGGA and NIGGER.

Peace and love.

Fairnessplease

I don't think some people understand what exactly @Fairnessplease is proposing. I personally (from what I read) do not think they want to remove the rule regarding insulting other players, but just slightly alter it and only change the part regarding the term "Nigger/Nigga".

For example if there are 2 homosexuals you would probably never see them greeting each other saying "What's up faggot" however you do see African-Americans greeting each other saying "What's up nigga". So if anything only that specific part of the rule should be altered IF the community agrees.

Also some people said that admins would have a hard time distinguishing where there is genuine racism and a harmless phrase however I don't think it would be a problem since it really relies on common sense. If someone said "Fuck you nigga" that is obviously racist but if it's just someone saying "Waddup niggas" then probably no harm was meant.

^

I'll probably follow up on the thread later on with a poll option, for now there is nothing I can do.

Fairnessplease

Keep rating me old, I am only suggesting what I can do. I see no reason to rate me "old" because I am simply giving a suggestion and what I can do.

Doom4life

Wicked Nasty Engineer
We are exercising our right in a democratic world in a way that shows peace and love. Let us continue to debate the topic so that we may refer to it when the next post is made which will include a voting option so that we may unanimously vote without fear of repercussions.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Okay no offense but why did SO MANY people respond to a declined, dead thread?
We get it, Fairness is an idiot or whatever.
Someone should just lock this.

Fairnessplease

Okay no offense but why did SO MANY people respond to a declined, dead thread?
We get it, Fairness is an idiot or whatever.
Someone should just lock this.

Hello Samson, I do not appreciate you calling me an idiot. People have the right to post after a thread is declined, and remember, this thread is not over until the official poll is up which will come later. If people still want to discuss it, let them discuss it. If you have further complaints, we can talk about it peacefully. I appreciate your comment and hope one day, you can find peace.

Love.

Reactions: T-Wayne
Status
Not open for further replies.