Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairnessplease

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
The word "nigga" is NOT racist and used lots on the bay area. No one uses the term "nigger". I think the rules need to change in regards to this. I understand a thread was made about this years ago, but I would like to bring up the subject. Lots of people are being banned for using the term "nigga" in a friendly way. According to the definition:

"Nigga is a word which evolved from the derogative term "nigger". Tupac best defined the distinction between the two.

NIGGER- a black man with a slavery chain around his neck.

NIGGA- a black man with a gold chain on his neck."

For example, in game, I say: Yo, my NIGGA Shots Fired, how are you?
Fuck that NIGGA, he got a nest in the attic.
Can a NIGGA lend me a pencil?
Damn my NIGGA, nice find.

This would be allowed, but this WOULD NOT be allowed.
Fuck you NIGGER.
BLACK NIGGER.
People who dumb rate is a NIGGER.
Bottiger is a NIGGER.

See the difference? Now I understand it would be confusing for moderators to determine what is racist and what is not, but that's why people appeal their bans for second opinions. Not many people use these terms so we won't have a plethora about them.

I don't really like to use the word myself, but I absolutely HATE people getting banned for using the word NIGGA in a friendly way. Obviously there is a fine line between using NIGGA and NIGGER.

Peace and love.

Fairnessplease

It's the same bloody word, who gives a damn what Tupac thinks, he's dead.

My point was that "nigga" is not really a word and more of a friendly word such as people use. There is no official word on the word "nigga" but more so there is an official word called "nigger" which is sensitive to people.

There is no way in the Blue Hell you can use the word "NIGGER" in a friendly way, no matter how hard you try.

The word "NIGGA" is used in a friendly way all around it.

Sakiko

Contributor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigga

There is conflicting popular opinion on whether there is any meaningful difference between nigga and nigger as a spoken term.[8] Many people consider the terms to be equally pejorative, and the use of nigga both in and outside black communities remains controversial.[9] H. Lewis Smith, author of Bury that Sucka: A Scandalous Affair with the N-word, believes that "replacing the 'er' with an 'a' changes nothing other than the pronunciation"[10] and the African American Registry notes, "Brother (Brotha) and Sister (Sistah or Sista) are terms of endearment. Nigger was and still is a word of disrespect."[11]

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, a civil rights group, condemns use of both nigga and nigger.[8]

If they think its the same word then its the same word

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm honestly surprised an admin +1'd this. As if you guys didn't already have to deal with people trying to sidestep it before; now you want to encourage that by making the rule more vague with added exceptions? That just sounds like more of a pain in the ass to enforce.

Fairnessplease

Alright, I don't know how to multiple quote but I am responding to all of the above in a peaceful matter, starting with Kyle.

Kyle, people have the freedom to agree or disagree with a suggestion. Just because you don't agree with it does not mean they will, admins have freedom of speech to agree or disagree with anything they want. Just because it does not suit you does not mean it will not suit them.

Luke, Wikipedia in general is edited lots and not really liable information, instead I look behind the history of information, hence, my thread.

Maddo, rappers never use the word "nigger" instead "nigga".

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Please don't bring Wikipedia into this.
Here you go, troll. Straight from their website since apparently google is too hard for you.
http://www.naacp.org/latest/the-n-word-is-laid-to-rest-by-the-naacp/
July 9, 2007

Thousands gathered in Detroit, Michigan to participate in the NAACP’s funeral and burial for the “N” word. A horse drawn carriage carried a wooden coffin that adorned black roses and a ribbon with the word “nigga” displayed. NAACP Chairman Julian Bond, Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, hip-hop legend Curtis Blow and R & B legend Eddie Levert led the procession today from COBO Hall to Hart (Freedom) Plaza. The burial was a part of the 9th Annual Convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

Making sure that the crowd understood the significance of this event, Kilpatrick stated that we should take the word out of our spirit. “Good riddance. Die, N-word,” said Kilpatrick. We don’t want to see you around here no more.”

Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm told the crowd that she was proud the funeral was in her state. “We can plant the seed to a new word, the “A” word,” said Granholm. “All – all our people. We’re all in this together.” She encouraged attendees to also bury other racial injustices, such as predatory lending, disparate healthcare and the fight to end affirmative action.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

http://genius.com/Nas-be-a-nigger-too-lyrics

Nas actually uses the word interchangably most of the time.
I'm a nigga, he's a nigga, she's a nigga, we some niggers
Wouldn't you like to be a nigga, too?
To all my kike niggers, spic niggers, guinea niggers, chink niggers
That's right, y'all my niggas, too
I'm a nigga, he's a nigga, she's a nigga, we some niggers
Wouldn't you like to be a nigga, too
They like to strangle niggers, blamin' niggers, shootin' niggers, hangin' niggers
Still you wanna be a nigga, too? True

Reactions: RMSniper

Fairnessplease

Here you go, troll. Straight from their website since apparently google is too hard for you.
http://www.naacp.org/latest/the-n-word-is-laid-to-rest-by-the-naacp/

First of all, with respect, don't call me a troll for bringing up an issue. That's not really nice. Also, what you said has nothing to do on my situation. Re-read my thread and look on what I want. If you have another issue with me, take it with me to un-mod, otherwise, stop bringing up un-relevant quotes and evidence from bad sources such as the one you brang up.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
He is not a famous rapper, just a random hood rat from New York that has no idea what he is saying. I can make a rap and say the word "nigger" and call my self a rapper.

Nas is a very famous rapper, probably one of the most famous.

Just because they say they a

also chink is a racial term for chinese/asian people too

I'm not saying we should use rappers to dictate our rules (we absolutely shouldn't).
Just pointing out how flawed these arguments are.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
First of all, with respect, don't call me a troll for bringing up an issue. That's not really nice. Also, what you said has nothing to do on my situation. Re-read my thread and look on what I want. If you have another issue with me, take it with me to un-mod, otherwise, stop bringing up un-relevant quotes and evidence from bad sources such as the one you brang up.
I called you a troll because you were too lazy to find the actual website. Stop getting so triggered.
He is not a famous rapper, just a random hood rat from New York that has no idea what he is saying. I can make a rap and say the word "nigger" and call my self a rapper.
Again, do your fucking research, dude. Got lots of "famous" rappers for ya here:
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/ludacris/coldoutside.html
Pick nigger it's more folks than you
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/2pac/iwonderifheavengotaghetto.html
Pull a trigger kill a nigger he's a hero
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/kanyewest/chainheavy.html
Yall forget that I got called nigger on Twitter so many times,

--
Also, you just called the NAACP a bad source. Are you retarded? lol

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Alright, I don't know how to multiple quote but I am responding to all of the above in a peaceful matter, starting with Kyle.

Kyle, people have the freedom to agree or disagree with a suggestion. Just because you don't agree with it does not mean they will, admins have freedom of speech to agree or disagree with anything they want. Just because it does not suit you does not mean it will not suit them.

Luke, Wikipedia in general is edited lots and not really liable information, instead I look behind the history of information, hence, my thread.

My point is not only on how admins want to enforce the rule. My main point is that the more exceptions you make to one rule, the more it encourages people who like pushing rules to their limits to go and break them. There's no argument here, if this exception passes then it's guaranteed that more people will get silenced for pushing past that limit. The saying "give someone an inch, and they'll take a mile," fully applies here.

Reactions: RMSniper

Fairnessplease

Most of you are bringing un-relevant issues and situation in my thread. Re-read what I said and all I want is the word "nigga" to be allowed and not the word "nigger". You bringing bullshit evidence from NAACP or Wikipedia is super irrelevant and silly. I don't care if rappers use the word Nigger, what does that have to do with my thread?

I am asking for the word "nigga" used in a friendly way. And I am not getting triggered, you are getting triggered using cuss words at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.