Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyBagel

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I been playing with shots for more than half a year now and i would like to say... he hogs all the fking medics and thats why i main spy. He makes it fun. I would honestly never stay over 200 points unless shots is there to keep me company. hes a homie and i wish him good luck on this admin thinga-majigga. I dont know what good this will do but anyways +1.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
What do you do in these situations? If you use any commands, target the player by their SteamID.

1. Crab Dubious (whose SteamID is [U:1:39661294]) is playing as a battle-medic, attacking the other team with his syringe gun and ubersaw, instead of focusing on healing others. Çhoćć (whose SteamID is [U:1:107804483]) then calls a voteban on him for griefing, saying "Crab should be healing his team if he's going to play medic".

2. eukary0te (whose SteamID is [U:1:1638882]) joins the server and says "What's good niggas?", and another admin silences him 1 day for racism. Seconds later, A Bumbled-bee (whose SteamID is [U:1:45286664]) says "What's wrong with saying 'nigga'?"

3. eukary0te then changes his name to "GET GOOD GET LMAOBOX" after his 1 day silence.

shots

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
1. Nothing would be wrong in attacking the other team with Crab using the syringe gun and ubersaw, instead of healing, as this is part of a battle medic's role. I would then warn Çhoćć by sending him a private message in relation to vote menu abusing.
  • sm_psay "#[U:1:107804483]" "Please do not misuse vote ban. If repeated, a gag will be issued."
If it is then repeated, I will issue a one day gag because it is happening in chat.
  • sm_gag "#[U:1:107804483]" 1440 "Vote ban abuse"
2. I would just go ahead and take no action due to the rules stating that discussion of any form of racism is excluded from silences, bans, etc.
Does not include discussion of why it is against the rules.

3. On top of changing his name, eukary0te is additionally advertising hacks. I would then issue a permanent ban.
  • sm_ban "#[U:1:1638882]" 0 "Dodging and advertising hacks"
Edit: Made changes to #2. Apologies for inconvenience in edits done.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaivdBaekr

Trust me I'm a Realtor

Mildly Menacing Medic
Shots Fired seems like an easy going, level headed guy. Never heard him say a nasty thing about anyone. He would be a great admin. I hope he uses me in a real estate transaction in the near future.

Reactions: shots

Edm Nookie

Scarcely Lethal Noob
It seems right, and I know you, I know you're a good guy.
Play with you is always fun.
You have respect for the server and the entire community
:sunglasses:

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
2. Assuming A Bumbled-bee has a clean history, I would simply send him a private message warning him.

• sm_psay "#[U:1:45286664]" "Refrain from saying any form of racism. If repeated, a silence will be put into effect"
If it does happen again then I would issue the sm_silence command for a day.

Can you deal with this part of the situation without using console?
BTW, the answer you give is wrong...

shots

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Can you deal with this part of the situation without using console?
BTW, the answer you give is wrong...
Yes, I don't necessarily have to send A Bumbled-bee a private message if I can inform him on mic.

Iam[haXor]

Mildly Menacing Medic
From what I've seen he's a player who knows basic common sense. What does that mean? Well he's not the type of person to berate a player if they're doing badly. He gives friendly advice. Doesn't derail a conversation to talk about political views nor depend on religious fanatacism to support his arguements. You might me wondering when this would occur? I've had two accounts. This one and another with the name of [Dr.] Dracula. Just search it up on my friends list on steam. Both have more than 1k hours of counterstrike source. I've seeen enough absurd rules and admins imposing outrageous demands. Shots Fired wouldn't be the type to do something as irresponsible as use admins power to gain an advantage. He knows when he's doing badly and admits that he could improve in some areas.*cough* Obvious spy is obvious*

In short, the appointment of Shots Fired as admin would prove to be of use, not a detrimental mistake.
+1

Opequon

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Shots Fired has my +1

He's a good shit. People like him, people support his bid for an administrative position. Reading this thread, it is apparent that he hasn't mastered all the nuances of the job. As a new hire, isn't that expected? If mistakes are made, is it detrimental to the community? Certainly. If mistakes are made, are they permanent? Definitely not. So if Shots makes a typo in a console command, the world will not end. Skial will not end. I feel that Shots genuinely wants to make his leisure grounds a better place, at the expense of his own leisure time. Some refinement may be required, by the hands of the leadership. If it were up to me, I would take a chance on that investment.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Reading this thread, it is apparent that he hasn't mastered all the nuances of the job. As a new hire, isn't that expected?
No, not really.. It's hardly quantum mechanics..
If mistakes are made, is it detrimental to the community? Certainly.
Which is why we have this process, in order to weed out those who are prone to mistakes, those who cannot correctly absorb info, or analyze situations correctly.

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Which is why we have this process, in order to weed out those who are prone to mistakes, those who cannot correctly absorb info, or analyze situations correctly.

The key word for this is, "competence". What is competence?

"The ability to do something successfully or efficiently."

Anyone can be a positive force for the community no matter what. All it takes is a little care.

However, Admins have more tools at their disposal to deal with those who would do harm to the community. If someone who is not competent takes up those tools, they could end up doing more harm than good without said incompetent person even realizing it until it's too late.

Reactions: Maddo

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I think that @Shots Fired is an influential player on his regular haunts, I reckon he could make a difference without being admin if he dedicated himself to the cause.
I also think that this is going to be rejected, or at least put on improve again, which is a shame in a way because he comes across as a really nice bloke.
My advice, let this app run it's course, keep looking for positive measures that you can take to improve the hightower experience, maybe you could even document how you have contributed in this manner, believe me, this will help.

Corn Wallace

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Shots should be admin. He's one of the few people who are regularly on the server and he always seems collected and upbeat. I know I have more fun when he's there, and I'm sure lots of the other regulars on the server agree.

+1

ᵀᴬᴵᴺᵀ Shortbus

Mildly Menacing Medic
I have been on skial servers for like 5 years now. I can say i've had my fair share of run ins with troublesome players and the admins have always done their jobs. I believe shots would be great at doing the same.

+1 from me

Lil Wiener

Mildly Menacing Medic
+1 Shots is pretty cool. Really friendly and helpful. I needed help adjusting my settings and he might as well be an ambassador for valve. Really cool guy and has all the qualities of a great admin. I wanted to quit TF2 and after playing with Shots for a while, I realized the community is still going strong!

minxy

Mildly Menacing Medic
Shots would be a great admin. I never see any admins on Skial servers, Shots would be very committed. He is honest, friendly, and very dependable. He makes playing on Skial very enjoyable for other players, he has great qualities and he gets my +1

Status
Not open for further replies.