Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Scenario
You are an admin playing on the Blu team on Goldrush, and the entire red team switch to heavy, start throwing sandviches around, and generally lighten up on their defense. They are still killing some Blu players, but in general are more concerned with feeding sandviches to injured players, thus still racking up points.
The whole Red team consists of those who have supported your application here.
Question
Tell me, how do you deal with this situation? How would you deal with this situation if the scenario was reversed and the Blu team all went sandvich heavy and acted the same way.
Please include any commands you may use.

shots

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
No action is being done where team is being harmed, as listed in the rules. Therefore, aiding injured players with sandwiches and the killing of some Blu players is fair. So, I would take no action. The same would apply to the reversed scenario, as long as no harm is done to team.
Harming your team for an extended period of time.
If this rule is violated, I'll issue a sm_tsay command, which sends a top-left message to all the players, warning the Red or Blu team to help the team out. This message wouldn't interrupt those who are on the opposite team, hence "top-left", like a sm_csay would do by showing up in the "center". However, players on opposite team may also learn from the message, if not already.
sm_tsay "Please help team in advancing position Red as refusing to do so is against the rules"

shots

Contributor
They are throwing indiscriminately.
If by "indiscriminately" you mean sandviches are being thrown to injured players on Red and Blu, I would inform Red with a message (sm_csay) elucidating the fact that sandviches should not be given to Blu, as this is considered "friendly" or "griefing". The same thing would be done if reversed. I would use sm_csay since it would not affect the opposite team's gameplay as it shows up in the center of the screen. On the other hand, I would not use sm_msay due to interruptions in switching weapons.

sm_csay "Please avoid giving Blu sandviches, as this is considered griefing."

The word "Blu" would be switched with "Red" in reversed case.

If Blu or Red continues to do so, I would issue a one day ban.

sm_ban "#[U:1:199397920]" 1440 "Griefing"

Edit: Made a minor edit relating to Source command in reference to RMSniper's post.

Last edited:

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I wouldn't use sm_csay since it would affect the opposite team's gameplay, as it shows up in the center of the screen.
For reference: /csay (or sm_csay) does not affect gameplay. It should only be used for short messages, though, as the message does not last very long. @ (or sm_msay) does affect players from switching weapons, but it appears in the chat box.

shots

Contributor
For reference: /csay (or sm_csay) does not affect gameplay. It should only be used for short messages, though, as the message does not last very long. @ (or sm_msay) does affect players from switching weapons, but it appears in the chat box.
Thanks for the clarification.

shots

Contributor
Would you ban the whole team?
However many decided to correct themselves would not receive the one day ban. But, those who ignored the message and continued to do so would experience the one day ban. Therefore, if the entire team disregards the message and keeps it going, then that will be when the "whole team" gets banned.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This has now been declined.
Support for your app is good, but the overwhelming consensus among the admin is a lack of competence.

Fairnessplease

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Rarely do I post after someone's app has been declined, but this is the nail coffin on the cake. You lost a great potential moderator just because it does not stand to your "rules" or whatnot; that's not the point. I hope someday and some of the moderators can see through the heart that Shots really does deserve his position. Every sentence I wrote in my essay not only took me 5 hours, it took my soul into it. Now, not only did you not label it as "improve", but you decided to be a complete; utter douchebag and decline. This is why I think that some of the moderators on here don't know what they are doing. There are some good ones, don't get me wrong, but because I am very close to being banned, so I'm not going to name them.

Is this really what you guys do? Shots is such a great and magnificent player, and he is truly a kind person. You have moderators who shit-talk other moderators or random people in different kinds of threads, and yet somehow they become admin. I learned everything gets a return, you push and you get something in return. In this case, Shots pushed, and I am sure he will get something in the near future. People who are "gone" can come back, people who are bad can turn good, and in this case, people who are not accepted in society or in a program, can always manage to find a way back in. May love with be you all, and all with love. Thank you.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
I'm not going to say Shots should have definitely been accepted, but I do believe he should have at least been considered.

I must say I am disappointed with how some of our team members have treated Shots Fired. He was indeed given a harsher time than most applicants.

roo

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I'm not commenting on this application but I would like to hear why the previous two posts were marked as dumb without the decency of a response.

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Is this really what you guys do? Shots is such a great and magnificent player, and he is truly a kind person.

That isn't enough. Refer to my earlier post.

The key word for this is, "competence". What is competence?

"The ability to do something successfully or efficiently."

Anyone can be a positive force for the community no matter what. All it takes is a little care.

However, Admins have more tools at their disposal to deal with those who would do harm to the community. If someone who is not competent takes up those tools, they could end up doing more harm than good without said incompetent person even realizing it until it's too late.

You can be the greatest, nicest person ever, but if they lack competence then they aren't cut out for the position.

Incompetence = Liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.