Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Clutch

Mildly Menacing Medic
As a cousin of Shots Fired and as a player, I have seen him played on the LA Goldrush sever in TF2 ever since he convinced me to play. Shots is always promoting positivity on the server while having fun himself as well. Also, as a dedicated player, he is committed in making the experience on the server the best as possible in many ways.

There are some problems that arise on the LA Goldrush server. One of them as "El Zilcho" previously mentioned on the last application shots made was the childish inappropriate behavior that arise on the server occasionally. Of course, anyone can always report an issue to an admin, but there are no admins to my knowledge that isn't as dedicated and committed to this specific server as Shots Fired on the times he specified he is on (6pm-3am EST). Shots is there as a well-known player to many players as someone who is a fair-judging person. The attribute that Shots being fair-judging is very important as he can handle the issue more effectively than other admins who just exacerbate the issue even more further. Even more, the admins don't know the community of LA Goldrush and just be on a bunch of other random servers or not even be on TF2 at all!!! Someone who knows the LA GR community well, like Shots, would know the normal ways of this specific server and handle arising issues appropriately.

Also, as "Fairnessplease" mentioned earlier, he has a solid character that won't change. I met him personally many times in my life that includes throughout my childhood and also more recently (Toronto was nice). As a result, I can testify to the fact that his character as being a well-knowledgeable and generous person is there. As I know in Shots life, he has received many things that is given to him in life which he is happy with (such as receiving his smartphone). Man, was he happy receiving that smartphone but, despite receiving things of importance, his behavior of being generous and nice has never, never, never, ever changed in throughout his life. Regardless of him being my cousin, his behavior is stable and it won't change. There are those who behavior goes south and become totally different (Such as RmSniper, most likely because she's playing the woman's card),even in a case where an admin sounded like a salty old grandpa. When i asked him (forgot the name) one time why he was about to kick me out of a server, he just said just "listen to me idiot".My feelings don't get hurt by salty people online but we need kind people to explain what we did wrong so that those who chose to can fix their behavior next time. Regardless of Shots being my cousin, his behavior and character of being generous and kind is present in him.

In the end, I believe that Shots Fired would be a highly-qualified person to become an administrator for the LA Goldrush server. No only that he has an acceptable character but the fact that he knows the regs well enough and the ways of the LA GR server makes him well-qualified to become an admin. You can ask any reg players and the response back will be mainly positive.

jamscript.regular.png

+1

Last edited:

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
As a cousin of Shots Fired and as a player, I have seen him played on the LA Goldrush sever in TF2 ever since he convinced me to play. Shots is always promoting positivity on the server while having fun himself as well. Also, as a dedicated player, he is committed in making the experience on the server the best as possible in many ways.

There are some problems that arise on the LA Goldrush server. One of them as "El Zilcho" previously mentioned on the last application shots made was the childish inappropriate behavior that arise on the server occasionally. Of course, anyone can always report an issue to an admin, but there are no admins to my knowledge that isn't as dedicated and committed to this specific server as Shots Fired on the times he specified he is on (6pm-3am EST). Shots is there as a well-known player to many players as someone who is a fair-judging person. The attribute that Shots being fair-judging is very important as he can handle the issue more effectively than other admins who just exacerbate the issue even more further. Even more, the admins don't know the community of LA Goldrush and just be on a bunch of other random servers or not even be on TF2 at all!!! Someone who knows the LA GR community well, like Shots, would know the normal ways of this specific server and handle arising issues appropriately.

Also, as "Fairnessplease" mentioned earlier, he has a solid character that won't change. I met him personally many times in my life that includes throughout my childhood and also more recently (Toronto was nice). As a result, I can testify to the fact that his character as being a well-knowledgeable and generous person is there. As I know in Shots life, he has received many things that is given to him in life which he is happy with (such as receiving his smartphone). Man, was he happy receiving that smartphone but, despite receiving things of importance, his behavior of being generous and nice has never, never, never, ever changed in throughout his life. Therefore, Shots isn't gonna change, compared to some others that their behavior goes south become totally different (Im surprised how RmSniper even made it, probably because she's playing the womans card),even in a case where an admin sounded like a salty old grandpa. When i asked him (forgot the name) one time why he was about to kick me out of a server, he just said just "listen to me idiot".My feelings don't get hurt by salty people online but we need kind people to explain what we did wrong so that those who chose to can fix their behavior next time. And I believe Shots can do that and be an explanatory and yet kind person.

In the end, I believe that Shots Fired would be a highly-qualified person to become an administrator for the LA Goldrush server. No only that he has a great personality but the fact that he knows the regs well enough and the ways of the LA GR server makes him well-qualified to become an admin. You can ask any reg players and the response back will be mainly positive.

jamscript.regular.png

+1
Really doesn't matter if an admin is dedicated to a specific server or not, if you tell an admin they will more likely than not join the server immediately and help.

Mr.Clutch

Mildly Menacing Medic
Really doesn't matter if an admin is dedicated to a specific server or not, if you tell an admin they will more likely than not join the server immediately and help.
I respect your opinion (unlike Luke), but I don't think you have seen what has happened if an admin tries to resolve the issue. First off, they have no idea what happened and they rely off of information from others. Therefore, once the admin extracts info from unreliable resources, he/she will make the wrong decisions and will therefore as a result exacerbate the issue even further because of a wrong decision an admin makes an their unacceptable and unfriendly behavior. In conclusion, it is important that an admin that spends significant time on a specific server be there to resolve an issue in case it does arise. And admin who spends significant time playing on a specific server daily proves effective as they would know the community very well. This leads me to say that Shots is the person that knows the LA Goldrush community well and can make and has made, the right decisions or points. RMSniper isn't even on that much anymore so the LA Goldrush community needs Shots.

tumblr_o15mk7rjLN1rc7zl1o1_400.gif

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I don't think you have seen what has happened if an admin tries to resolve the issue. First off, they have no idea what happened and they rely off of information from others. Therefore, once the admin extracts info from unreliable resources, he/she will make the wrong decisions and will therefore as a result exacerbate the issue even further because of a wrong decision an admin makes an their unacceptable and unfriendly behavior.
Admins have never and will never accept hearsay as evidence, and unless they see evidence or see someone breaking the rules themselves, they do not act. So I'm not sure what you're talking about here.

When i asked him (forgot the name) one time why he was about to kick me out of a server, he just said just "listen to me idiot".
...or, for that matter, rumors of nameless admins kicking people for no reason. Though in this case, I have enough faith in people's bullshit detectors not to worry about it.

Last edited:

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I respect your opinion (unlike Luke), but I don't think you have seen what has happened if an admin tries to resolve the issue. First off, they have no idea what happened and they rely off of information from others. Therefore, once the admin extracts info from unreliable resources, he/she will make the wrong decisions and will therefore as a result exacerbate the issue even further because of a wrong decision an admin makes an their unacceptable and unfriendly behavior. In conclusion, it is important that an admin that spends significant time on a specific server be there to resolve an issue in case it does arise. And admin who spends significant time playing on a specific server daily proves effective as they would know the community very well. This leads me to say that Shots is the person that knows the LA Goldrush community well and can make and has made, the right decisions or points. RMSniper isn't even on that much anymore so the LA Goldrush community needs Shots.

tumblr_o15mk7rjLN1rc7zl1o1_400.gif
At least you actually gave an explanation instead of crying about someone disagreeing with you.
tumblr_nmilgwxAyk1sxxnzso10_500.gif

Tom Briganti

Unremarkable User
Honestly couldn't think of a better person to be an admin. Shots has always been respectful to every player on the server reg or not. Everyone seems to get along with him and never has any issues. I really hope he gets the admin he deserves it.

<< Tbrig525

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
RMSniper isn't even on that much anymore so the LA Goldrush community needs Shots.
Because I have to be on other servers too. You don't get to apply for just one server, which is why my time is taken away from goldrush LA. This may also occur with Shots if he is accepted. Just something you should consider. :blush:

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Since there are tons of Skial servers, admins are having to balance their fun time with their work time. That's why applicants are expected to know that they won't be on just one server. Even if LA Goldrush is an admin's favorite server, they'd have to go onto a different server to deal with a situation if necessary. Like a report or a player telling them something is going on. You have to be on top of these things.

As for the application, I'm thinking a +1. You seem to know your stuff. Good luck.

Reactions: shots

hallucination

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Ever since I got back into playing TF2, I've found myself playing exclusively on Skial's LA GR server. Goldrush is Goldrush, and will be the same map regardless of the server. What kept me returning to this specific one is obviously the regulars. They make me feel at home. Among these regulars is Shots Fired. People like Shots Fired make players want to stick around on the server. It is always a pleasure to be playing with him.

In my opinion, he is a mature, dedicated, friendly, patient, and fair person. Because of this, I stand behind Shots in his application in hopes that it goes through.
:D
+1

anon[1g]

Mildly Menacing Medic
I said it on his last application, I'll say it again...
I've been playing with Haris (or Shots Fired as you know him) for probably a year or so now. He's the kind of guy who's respected among his fellow gamers and that's a big deal. Gamers can be a fickle group of players. Everyone has varying skill and experience levels, yet he's earned the respect of the community. He's a true straight forward no bullshit kind of man. He's active and understands how to assess a situation as it may arise and view things from a neutral perspective. I've got to say, if you are accepting admins, and he isn't chosen, I would be floored at what it would take. Haris is a good gamer, but more importantly a good person. Those characteristics and traits are extremely rare. Please capitalize on the opportunity to enrich the community with his euphoric persona.

-John (anon1g)

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Stop trying to act like an admin, Shots doesn't need your nonsense, anyone has the right to file an application in a "X" amount of time...

011715_russell.jpg

I'm not trying to act like an admin, I'm giving my personal opinion as someone who cares about Skial. I don't think Shots Fired has waited long enough, his application was marked for improvement for a reason- as I've already said twice, I will change my support if I see that he has improved.

Reactions: Trash.ca

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
To be honest, your original app should have been marked declined with the amount of incorrect answers you supplied, you changed your answers multiple times as you couldn't get it right (13 times according to other admin/mods).
I'd like to know which admin has been spoon feeding you what to say. Forgive me if i'm wrong, but your terminology is that of someone who is being told what to say.
Let me elaborate on my thinking.

"trade advertising is allowed if it's every 3-5 minutes since it isn't spam"
where did you get the figure 3-5 minutes? this is not in the rules.

"then I would have to issue an sm_gag command"
"I forgot to add the reason "Spam" to then end of sm_silence "#[U:1:199397920]" 10080 to finish the sm_silence format"
These two look like you have just swapped "you" for "I" after pasting in what someone has sent you in chat.

Your use of english is inconsistent throughout your post, can you tell me what this means..
Being incensed and infuriated are just antonyms of my personality and it tends to show immaturity.
Are you saying that you're immature and become infuriated easily?

TLDR? I don't think that this is your own words/work.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
To be honest, your original app should have been marked declined with the amount of incorrect answers you supplied, you changed your answers multiple times as you couldn't get it right (13 times according to other admin/mods).
I'd like to know which admin has been spoon feeding you what to say. Forgive me if i'm wrong, but your terminology is that of someone who is being told what to say.
Let me elaborate on my thinking.

"trade advertising is allowed if it's every 3-5 minutes since it isn't spam"
where did you get the figure 3-5 minutes? this is not in the rules.

"then I would have to issue an sm_gag command"
"I forgot to add the reason "Spam" to then end of sm_silence "#[U:1:199397920]" 10080 to finish the sm_silence format"
These two look like you have just swapped "you" for "I" after pasting in what someone has sent you in chat.

Your use of english is inconsistent throughout your post, can you tell me what this means..

Are you saying that you're immature and become infuriated easily?

TLDR? I don't think that this is your own words/work.

It looks like someone either told them what to write, or he used the "synonyms" function within word... "antonyms" means opposing, so he's saying "Being [angry] and [angry] are just [the opposite] of my personality and it tends to show immaturity."

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It looks like someone either told them what to write, or he used the "synonyms" function within word... "antonyms" means opposing, so he's saying "Being [angry] and [angry] are just [the opposite] of my personality and it tends to show immaturity."
I know what it means, but being angry and angry aren't antonyms. High and low, dark and light, thick and thin, are antonyms, not "angry and my personality"
They are not his words, he might be a likeable guy, but he is not being himself in this app.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I know what it means, but being angry and angry aren't antonyms. High and low, dark and light, thick and thin, are antonyms, not "angry and my personality"
They are not his words, he might be a likeable guy, but he is not being himself in this app.

Yeah, that's what I mean. He seems to have used some kind of synonyms function badly.

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper
Your application looks very nice, and you seem like a really friendly person with a lot of support. I can't really tell how competent you'll be however yet, so i'll be at +0

Last edited:

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Like your awesome friend has said, you're not required to wait a certain amount of time before reapplying. However, people usually wait months or even a year before doing so. I've noticed you've been posting more (replying to threads, starting threads, making reports), thinking it could be a bonus for you to get accepted with this app(?). It looks to me that you are really impatient and dying to get that admin status and i don't like that. That and the fact you had to edit your answer 13 times in your previous app will not do for me.

Reactions: Maddo

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
In your last app, I couldn't find the words at the time to accurately describe what I felt. I just said that, "something was off."

The word that I couldn't find back then was, "competence". You may be a nice guy and great personality on the server, but you don't radiate competence to me. I agree with Maddo and ly_dee. There are inconsistencies in your typing that points to someone getting their info directly from an admin, or at the very least, things that you're copy/pasting that isn't your words. I do not like inconsistencies.

Methinks you may be romanticizing the position. -1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.