Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I think some of it can be considered as "borderline spamming". He isn't really spamming. Most of the messages are spaced out. Some of them not so much. Just because it is the same message doesn't make it spam. If you replaced the same message with multiple messages then i think some of you guys may have a different opinion on this.

Not a personal attack on anyone, I say this to a lot of people. But if you are leaving a game because of what someone is typing or saying on the mic. Then that is your own personal issue. You can easily mute/ignore the person and continue playing like he was never even there...

Still, spamming to get random people to vote for you on your admin app isn't really admin-worthy

He isn't spamming for support. He is posting a link to his app. This can easily backfire and have a shit ton of people down vote this. If you look at the times you can easily see he is not spamming the link to this app. He has maybe two or three instances where two links are posted in under a min. The rest is posted 10m+ after the other. That is defiantly not spam.

In my opinion he is not spamming.

two+cents.jpg

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
drum up support
EucIfYY.gif

Back on topic:
Regardless if it's deemed "spam" or not, it's still annoying.
Even if you do have lots of playtime and the server regs like you, there are other, more important, qualities that affect you being an admin.

Example scenario:
Someone is griefing on the regular server you play on. What do you do?

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Back on topic:
Regardless if it's deemed "spam" or not, it's still annoying.
Even if you do have lots of playtime and the server regs like you, there are other, more important, qualities that affect you being an admin.
I think whoever left because of him being 'annoying' could just have a personality conflict with Sobek. In my opinion if I was 'annoyed' at someones occasional admin app link and occasional binds, I would consider that a fact of simply not liking that person.

<10/6>Fitch{SKVR}

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1. I have played with s0bek for almost a year now and I have complete confidence to not only uphold the rules but to be fair about them and not abuse his power. S0bek is a prime candidate for admin

Swimmer1133

Scarcely Lethal Noob
++1
Sobek is a great player i have played with him for about a year now. He follows the rules and make sure other also so we all have a fun game. He would make a great admin to skial.

Reactions: Void

Toxik

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I guess his links were spread out enough to be considered not spamming, but I still disagree with his method of asking for help. If he is a true regular, he should ask people individually to vote for him, not just post the link and ask everyone to do it.
Quality over quantity, I guess.
+0

S0BEK

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
I am sry for any distress caused... yes I was excited to get support and when I have 12 friends on the server and more poppin in and out it's much easier to put it in the main chat
I was not trolling for random people. I use my mic a lot and KB very little. I was told that I prob should not have campaigned like that and I have stopped. I don't use my bind ne more either(well rarely).

Sieve

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I guess his links were spread out enough to be considered not spamming, but I still disagree with his method of asking for help. If he is a true regular, he should ask people individually to vote for him, not just post the link and ask everyone to do it.
Quality over quantity, I guess.
+0
The fact that a bunch of regulars are coming on to vote for him is probably good evidence that he is a "true regular." And he *was* asking people individually: as the regulars he knows were coming on he was telling them about his application. It would be like my seeing a friend in the kitchen at work and telling them I'm applying for a higher position: that easily-sonically-bothered people might overhear the conversation does not make it instantly break vague rules about excess chatter.

cuBenje

Scarcely Lethal Noob
S0BEK would make a very good admin because he is kind, helpful, and very friendly.

Often, I am pocketing S0BEK and I will "drop" the charge several times, but he never gets mad.
He just stays very positive at all times while playing TF2. I met him when I was a newb (still am) and he was giving me tips and hints to help me become a better player. He is also very friendly. He was one of my very first friends that I met on TF2 and is just really fun to play with.

+1

biogod

Contributor
+1 S0BEK's almost always on and he's always great to play with. He'd make a great admin and would use his powers fairly.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
I am sry for any distress caused... yes I was excited to get support and when I have 12 friends on the server and more poppin in and out it's much easier to put it in the main chat
I was not trolling for random people. I use my mic a lot and KB very little. I was told that I prob should not have campaigned like that and I have stopped. I don't use my bind ne more either(well rarely).
Example scenario:
Someone is griefing on the regular server you play on. What do you do?

S0BEK

Contributor
I would tell them the rules and what they were doing wrong. make all possible attempts to quell the situation without admin commands. then record it b4 I took any further actions. still persisted then I would start with a simple mute for a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.