Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Honestly Im a bit meh over this app, I have been played with the op many times on dustbowl. At times he is a stand up guy. It is when he gets drunk that when I see it will be a problem, cause he does get a bit rambunctious, just not sure how he will act if he has admin and is intoxicated

HydreigonXYZ

Scarcely Lethal Noob
After reading the above post and just entering the server hearing the mic conversation
I'd just like to apologize and retract my previous statement, sorry for any inconvenience -1

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm +0 on this since your chat is riddled with spam (most of which is linking to this app).

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
On one hand, 48d of playtime and massive support from regulars. On the other hand, this support is caused by summoning spam on the server's chat (which is not really such a big of a deal). "We must push little cart" spam, however, is really annoying.

opieman2010

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
9:05 PM - Sarcasm: 5:13 PM - {BSB} Bigshula: I left ny 1 earlier because sobek was spamming the "vote for me"
5:13 PM - {BSB} Bigshula: in chat and mic
5:12 PM - Sarcasm: :|
5:13 PM - {BSB} Bigshula: annoying
http://stats.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=229420

In his defense, most of this mic "spamming" was conversational, and occurred when a lot of the regulars were getting into the server for the first time for the night. As a regular on the servers, but not on the boards, I imagine it would be hard to scrape up support unless a little campaigning was done.

If anything, this tiny campaign probably brought a bunch of players from Dustbowl NY 1 onto the forums for the first time (hence the need to relay the URL) - in most cases, these individuals are respected regular players, and can be considered good additions to the community.

Should he have approached this with a little more finesse? Perhaps, but I can understand why he might be enthusiastic about drumming up support.

No one else seemed to have a huge issue with the conversational tone of him asking for support.

Reactions: Blade D_Hero

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
IdbKqSn.png

Five messages in an hour, he truly is spamming.

2g6AJEp.png

And then four in half an hour. There are a few more but they are all spread apart. If you're going to -1 based on that I dunno what to tell.

Sobek has great connection time, is obviously a friendly player, and has made many friends on the server he regs. Because of that, +1.

Good luck in your app man!

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
"We must push little cart" spam, however, is really annoying.
This entirely depends on Skials definition of 'spam'. Most of us agree that spam is a consistent flow of text, typically just 1-10 seconds apart. I don't see this type of spam from Sobek. Does he have a bind saying 'we must push little cart'? Yes he does but I would hardly call it spam. I could also direct my case towards the 'annoying vs spam' argument we see a lot in the servers, but I digress.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This entirely depends on Skials definition of 'spam'. Most of us agree that spam is a consistent flow of text, typically just 1-10 seconds apart. I don't see this type of spam from Sobek. Does he have a bind saying 'we must push little cart'? Yes he does but I would hardly call it spam. I could also direct my case towards the 'annoying vs spam' argument we see a lot in the servers, but I digress.
I've reported much worse via chat and had it deemed not spam. Don't really the point of fussing over something this small-time.

Even less significant when you consider all his comms are voice with the exception of that bind and the URL. Makes sense that spaced-out binds and URLs seem to clump together.

Toxik

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Still, spamming to get random people to vote for you on your admin app isn't really admin-worthy

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Still, spamming to get random people to vote for you on your admin app isn't really admin-worthy
There's that word again, "spamming".

Obviously if someone steps up and gags him for it I'll admit how wrong I've been. Until then I'm comfortable being dull and neutral.

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor

How does it count as random when they're all regulars? It really only looks like spam because he mainly uses his mic. If you're having a conversation about how you recently applied for admin, and then someone asked for the link, it's going to show up as one of the main things in his chatlog.

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Based on this logic, trade binds shouldn't be allowed in between rounds because it's spam.

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Since some of this is revolving around a personal message I had with Sarcasm, let me throw something in here. I normally have no issues with Sobek when I play on NY1. I see him frequently on NY 1 and he is fine. However; The chat bind link coupled with his mic talk about his app and complaining about Grima bringing up the chat spam thing was getting annoying to me yesterday, so I simply logged. If I wanted to actually report for mic and chat spam, I would have turned in a demo. And like I stated, It was more on the annoying side and not actually breaking any rules. I know the coms get busy with regulars having mic conversations on many different servers and that's cool, but the same thing for an hour straight can get annoying and push randoms away.

Perhaps a better avenue to drum up support would be to link it to people on your friend's list and a occasional mention on the server, rather than the method used yesterday.

Also, I will mention that he does have a few positives like: connection time, no bans and a good following in the servers he regs.

+0

Status
Not open for further replies.