Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Trump is President

You didn't get admin

And the sun will rise tomorrow morning.

The world will continue to spin. Shake off not getting your admin.

Reactions: ck24

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
But I have taken responsibility, I was punished for my actions and haven't done it again.
You just got done saying you were banned for a mistake. Knowingly doing a mass freekill, recording it, and bragging about it isn’t just a mistake. It’s an admin who either knowingly broke the rules, or doesn’t know the obvious rules he was supposed to read and understand before becoming an admin.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
You just got done saying you were banned for a mistake. Knowingly doing a mass freekill, recording it, and bragging about it isn’t just a mistake. It’s an admin who either knowingly broke the rules, or doesn’t know the obvious rules he was supposed to read and understand before becoming an admin.

I do regret doing that.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
You regret it because you got punished for it. But you still refuse to admit that what you did was wrong. You still believe that you were innocent and did nothing that violated rules.

At the time I thought I was innocent. I realised a while later that not only what I did was wrong and against the rules but it was also retarded. I feel like I have learned because I haven't freekilled since and I been trying to 'defend' it for a long time, like I said was retarded back then.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The biggest harm to Skial is the admin who doesn't even enjoy his position.

This application is done with; but if you're going to try attack me - good luck.

I do not speak for other admins, but I'm sure that some agree with what I'm going to say - this is not me changing my opinion or trying to avoid anything, I've always said this.

I do not enjoy being an admin.

...but there's nothing wrong with that. We don't apply for this position for the fun, we (or certainly I) do not, almost should not, get any "fun" out of it.

Why don't I enjoy being an admin?
  • Friends, or people I don't know but have on my "Friends" list messaging at 3am telling me that there's a hacker - and then getting annoyed when I don't respond
  • Players on the servers who don't realise that admins also play TF2 for fun, we're not always in "admin mode": this harms the ability to make proper friends (and on this...)
  • I've had people pretend to be friends with me, only for it to become very apparent that I'm only on their friends list so they can use me as a threat to other players.
  • We spend lots of our free time dealing with people breaking the rules, watching excessively long demos, reading through chat logs... this is the job we signed up for, so I'm not complaining - but do you think this is enjoyable?
  • No matter our decisions on matters, people will dislike us. If I ban someone, or their friend - there is a chance that they won't like me, even if we used to get on before. If I don't ban someone for lack of evidence, or purely an invalid report then reporters get annoyed.
  • When I'm playing other games, people ask why I'm not on TF2 - they report hackers to me and refuse to file forum reports, expecting us to drop everything we're doing in order to help them (don't get me wrong, sometimes we do - but no one should expect us to).
  • I've had numerous times when I'm spending quality time with my girlfriend and/or other family and people message me and get annoyed when I don't respond or say that I'm unavailable.
  • ...the list goes on...
Why do I continue to be an admin?
Because while I certainly do not "enjoy" being an admin, I care very much, probably too much, about the Skial community and servers: they have always been and are becoming more of a bastion for people who want to play TF2, I want Skial to do well.

Being an admin means that I can be sure that the servers will be more protected from people breaking the rules and trying to ruin the fun of other people. It is also comforting to know that as an admin, I can play on Skial and be 100% sure that an hacker won't ruin my enjoyment of TF2.

I would enjoy TF2/Steam more without the admin position, but I keep being one.

Enjoying the position of admin is not a requirement in order to be an admin, I would argue to the contrary that someone who gets enjoyment from the job alone is doing it for the wrong reasons and should potentially be removed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.