Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The reason wardens are able to kill their own guards is to dispose of freekillers. Bott wouldn't implement that if it was supposed to be against the rules.

Ah my bad, I didn't even know he implemented that. I retract that statement, I haven't played on Jailbreak in awhile because the lack of admins and the amount of freekilling has made it a bit unenjoyable for me

My apologies

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
I get freekilled, and I'm expected not to ask the warden to kill the freekiller? K.

you have a misplaced sense of justice telling your friend to break the rules multiple times to punish someone for breaking the rules isn't right i can only imagine what would happen if you become admin

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
you have a misplaced sense of justice telling your friend to break the rules multiple times to punish someone for breaking the rules isn't right i can only imagine what would happen if you become admin
You seem to be missing the point. I told a warden to utilize an anti-rulebreaking mechanism to punish a rulebreaker, as I could not do it myself and it was easier than taking a demo and didn't require any admins to take time out of their day to swing by and see it to take care of it. There's nothing hypocritical about that.

Truth Seeker

Australian Skial God
Contributor
SHUT THE FUCK UP FAGGOTS, VIGGO FOR ADMIN 2013
+DAEV

I HAVE RESTED DISPASSIONATELY FOR THIS FATEFUL DAY, AND NOW, IT COMES TO FRUITION

LIGHT THE SIGNAL FIRES, FOR THE SON OF MAN HAS INDEED RETURNED

REJOICE
h3D6556B6

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That moment when you realize this topic is going in circles because people don't read previous posts.

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
You seem to be missing the point. I told a warden to utilize an anti-rulebreaking mechanism to punish a rulebreaker, as I could not do it myself and it was easier than taking a demo and didn't require any admins to take time out of their day to swing by and see it to take care of it. There's nothing hypocritical about that.

and he did for for A LOT of rounds one time would have sufficed but your butthurtness was so great you asked him to do it for over 10 rounds and he did it every time 2 for a guy who is all about punishing rule breakers you encourage rule breaking for your own personal revenge now that is the epitome of hypocrisy if you ask me

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
and he did for for A LOT of rounds one time would have sufficed but your butthurtness was so great you asked him to do it for over 10 rounds and he did it every time 2 for a guy who is all about punishing rule breakers you encourage rule breaking it for your own personal revenge now that is the epitome of hypocrisy if you ask me
A warden killing a freekilling guard is not against the rules. If a guard freekills round after round after round, you can't blame someone for taking him out before he even starts. Most of the time, they did do that. I alerted the warden of the situation any time I noticed that a new guy was warden. Not every single round. You're really blowing things out of proportion.

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
A warden killing a freekilling guard is not against the rules. If a guard freekills round after round after round, you can't blame someone for taking him out before he even starts. Most of the time, they did do that. I alerted the warden of the situation any time I noticed that a new guy was warden. Not every single round. You're really blowing things out of proportion.

that is a bullshit reason to kill someone if that was the case anyone can justify free killing i can kill all the prisoners and say "they were going to rebel so might as well kill them all now before they start" not only that he supposedly rdmed you for one round and one round only

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
that is a bullshit reason to kill someone if that was the case anyone can justify free killing i can kill all the prisoners and say "they were going to rebel so might as well kill them all now before they start"
Rebelling isn't against the rules. Your analogy makes no sense.

Stitch/Glue

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
+1, Played jailbreak with him and obviously have seen him on the forums. Don't feel like coming up with a huge argument as to why he would be a good admin, because it would just get ignored and won't even matter in the decision for him being admin or not anyway

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
Dave's app is Jailbreak in a nutshell.

I'm going to disregard most of what people said here when forming my opinion, seeing as it's an incident where other regulars were spamming (which is against the rules, and you got leeway because the admins know you) and Dave reacted accordingly, and not in an extreme way.

So, from what I know, Dave seems to be a fairly clear/level-headed guy. He carries himself well, and posts intelligently. He knows the major rules, follows them, acknowledges his faults and can accept criticism. I think him not losing his mind here in his app is a good sign, and with that I give my support.

+1 from me, and best of luck with everything.

DanHack

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'll phrase this best I can, from my own observations and such.
ITT people who think their +1 actually matters, especially people who hold no place in actual Skial ranking
.... when it comes down to it, it's all pretty much Bottiger and a handful of head admins' decisions
Is totally true.

As to the the whole chatspam binds about Dave and how he reacted to it, it's harassment. Granted it could be a joke and such cause you all know him from forums and not ill-hearted, but it could bother him. He's imfamous on skial as Blade said,
I don't really care how you represent yourself on the forums, as most people have made a "Dave is so great he's Dave so cool lololol" representation of you without even knowing you, just because it's apparently the cool thing to do.
but it doesn't justify messing with him and annoying him.

The person you depict youself as on forums isn't point to point exact as the way you are actually IRL. Ask anyone who's spoken with me on TS if I am as profound or on a "high horse" as I come off on forums. He has had a history, though most of you wouldn't know, as it was years ago. He was a dick and a troll and people didn't like him, he's not perfect, at all. You don't make judgements of a person by the way you see him write, you are just given impressions, an editted image of oneself. Johhny's thread http://www.skial.com/threads/friends.41372/ actually relates to this in a way.
EDIT: The part that relates to what I am saying in the OP's video.
@2:20
This is one of the reasons I value TS conversation over forum posting. I feel like I know the person on a slightly deeper level if they don't have time to sit and ensure what they are saying is as witty as possible before adding it to the discussion.

Addressing the whole chatspam incident and how it was just fun. I don't know the whole story, nor do I want to deal with any more drama, but from what I see, it was spam. It could be a joke, but it was spam, it could be for 4-5minutes, but it was spam. Had you not been regs and been spamming some other bind not relating to Dave, chances are you would have been muted. The definition of "fun" is so twisted. It's fun to mess with a close friend, but not really of some random stranger. Don't say he's not a stranger, as you know NOTHING of him. The fact that you would have stopped had cylosis or Drum told you too, further attests to it. You do not have to be warned that you are breaking the rules, it is nice, but nothing states you must be warned. Many people on appeals argue that they were banned without warning, and people jump down their throats for not knowing the rules. You expected special treatment since you knew the admins and thought they would warn you if you went out of line, but it's not mandatory, and you lucked out. Don't get me wrong, I'm no different then you guys expected some special treatment for knowing admins, as anytime I try to join an admin on a server, albeit CiNiC, Rhi or even Cy, I half-jokingly tell them to kick someone afking so I can join immediately and not wait like other players do. I'm not entitled to it, but it almost feels like I am.

In closing, there were wrongs done on each side, but a single situation especially this small doesn't make or break an admin case. I believe gwor or chuck[EDIT: it was extaa not either of these http://www.skial.com/threads/extaas-application.18474/ reference] was a massive tool on his admin app with a lot of -1s, but he got admin anyways and is a pretty good one at it as well. Toxik's right, at the end of the day, nothing any of us say makes an impact on whether or not Dave will get admin, so stop making everything a massive deal.

As to whether I +1/-1 this app, I'm not voting, as I rarely vote on admin apps for the reasons I stated above.
EDIT: This came out offly biased towards the case for Dave to be admin when I tried to be neutral. My appologizes.l'm not too fond of Dave myself.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'll phrase this best I can, from my own observations and such.

Is totally true.

As to the the whole chatspam binds about Dave and how he reacted to it, it's harassment. Granted it could be a joke and such cause you all know him from forums and not ill-hearted, but it could bother him. He's imfamous on skial as Blade said,

but it doesn't justify messing with him and annoying him.

The person you depict youself as on forums isn't point to point exact as the way you are actually IRL. Ask anyone who's spoken with me on TS if I am as profound or on a "high horse" as I come off on forums. He has had a history, though most of you wouldn't know, as it was years ago. He was a dick and a troll and people didn't like him, he's not perfect, at all. You don't make judgements of a person by the way you see him write, you are just given impressions, an editted image of oneself. Johhny's thread http://www.skial.com/threads/friends.41372/ actually relates to this in a way.
EDIT: The part that relates to what I am saying in the OP's video.

Addressing the whole chatspam incident and how it was just fun. I don't know the whole story, nor do I want to deal with any more drama, but from what I see, it was spam. It could be a joke, but it was spam, it could be for 4-5minutes, but it was spam. Had you not been regs and been spamming some other bind not relating to Dave, chances are you would have been muted. The definition of "fun" is so twisted. It's fun to mess with a close friend, but not really of some random stranger. Don't say he's not a stranger, as you know NOTHING of him. The fact that you would have stopped had cylosis or Drum told you too, further attests to it. You do not have to be warned that you are breaking the rules, it is nice, but nothing states you must be warned. Many people on appeals argue that they were banned without warning, and people jump down their throats for not knowing the rules. You expected special treatment since you knew the admins and thought they would warn you if you went out of line, but it's not mandatory, and you lucked out. Don't get me wrong, I'm no different then you guys expected some special treatment for knowing admins, as anytime I try to join an admin on a server, albeit CiNiC, Rhi or even Cy, I half-jokingly tell them to kick someone afking so I can join immediately and not wait like other players do. I'm not entitled to it, but it almost feels like I am.

In closing, there were wrongs done on each side, but a single situation especially this small doesn't make or break an admin case. I believe gwor or chuck was a massive tool on his admin app with a lot of -1s, but he got admin anyways and is a pretty good one at it as well. Toxik's right, at the end of the day, nothing any of us say makes an impact on whether or not Dave will get admin, so stop making everything a massive deal.

As to whether I +1/-1 this app, I'm not voting, as I rarely vote on admin apps for the reasons I stated above.
The 3000 winning ratings I left in Meemee time belong to this post. Someone, please round them up and return them to where they rightfully belong.

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well, living in Newfyland sucks because I miss some good late-threads. Anyways...

Why would you NOT +1 Dave? He's on Jailbreak, and he knows what to do.

Also regarding the chatspam. I did it for 45 seconds, only 3 times. Then I got bored. Then 7 minutes later, they were still doing it, so I said "Apparently Dave needs Jesus."

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
ITT people who think their +1 actually matters, especially people who hold no place in actual Skial ranking
Dave is a good guy, he has a bit of history, but when it comes down to it, it's all pretty much Bottiger and a handful of head admins' decisions

Peoples opinion do matter. If they didn't we wouldn't even bother having this whole process. If people don't like the applicant we don't even consider it. If people do support the applicant than we take a closer look and then decide. It is an important process.

Dave,

You have 14 forum warnings. You are lucky none of use have actually permanently ban you already.
On top of that you have three bans
http://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:31124008 &Submit=

Just with these facts alone is enough for me to not consider you... You constantly break the rules....

Your biggest argument is you want to admin the jailbreak server. Yet you are almost never on the jailbreak server.
http://stats.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=playersessions&player=1967558

Personally Dave i have nothing against you. But I am going to decline this. You keep proving to us that you cannot follow rules. If anyone else wants to give dave a chance than i guess it can be discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.