Time:
Typically available from 10 AM EST to 12 PM EST
Hlstats:
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
Usrs? I don't know how to get mad.
How do you ban your own SteamID?:
sm_ban "#STEAM_0:1:31124008" 30 "obvious aimbot"
Any other reason you should be admin:
http://stats.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=search&game=&st=uniqueid&q=STEAM_0:1:31124008 Just gonna leave this here for direct links to my other HLstats pages. They're relevant.​
Hi. Yeah. I'm Dave and I play Jailbreak and die on our CTF servers a lot. I've been banned before and gagged before. Some bans were legit. I've learned from them. One was requested. It served its purpose. Others are a result of votemenu abuse. I see that all the time on Jailbreak and rarely is there an admin on to fix that. A server based on a game revolving around the concept of law and the punishment of filthy criminals is typically without law. This is unacceptable, and so I shall offer you my services. My sense of law is strong. It is unbiased. It is free. Free, as it should be.​
You may be asking yourself now, "Well, Dave, why should we pick you to be admin out of all of the other Jailbreak applicants? Don't you know admins have to handle all the servers? Don't you know that you'd actually have to talk to Botty G at some point? Are you sure you're man enough?"​
Those are some very valid questions and they'll be answered out of order JUST for the sake of showing you all just why chaos is absolutely intolerable. The thought of talking to Botty the G is pretty frightening. The man probably devours souls to be as brilliant as he is, fuck if I know. I respect the man, though. I do. I'm applying here mainly for the sake of Jailbreak justice, but for my main man, I'd be willing to handle the rest of the servers. It's a service to the servers and to their owner, not a competition. It's for the sake of helping, not for the sake of winning. I don't want him to pick me if it means no one else gets to help out with Jailbreak. It'd be pretty counterproductive, really. Grima, Lady Pimpernel, and Cube are great. Together with Drum, we could all make Jailbreak a better place to be.​
I'm running out of things to say. Uh. Love you all, guys.​
edited by request -Oaky

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Ban question is wrong. Get that fixed and you have my +1.

SarcasticWisdom

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1
This man is very kind. Since the day I joined I always had a secret crush on him (totalhomo) I've only played tf2 with him a couple a times but he knows the rules and doesn't step out of line.

Reactions: Truth Seeker

Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Keeps his cool from what I've seen. I can't speak for the past, but from what I've seen of him, I think he could handle it.
For what it's worth, a +Thorin since I don't feel I can use +Dave.

Reactions: Truth Seeker

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Played with him on Jailbreak and he took it WAY too seriously. People tried to have fun and he even rage deleted people off of his friends list. I understand getting mad, but it's Jailbreak man.

Date
sort-descending.gif
Player​
Message​
Server​
Map​
2013-08-16 18:34:01​
Derpy, you're literally retarded.​
 skial.com | JAILBREAK | NY​
ba_jail_minecart_skial_5​
2013-08-16 18:22:16​
Jesus fucking christ you're all retarded.​
 skial.com | JAILBREAK | NY​
ba_jail_minecart_skial_5​
2013-08-16 18:15:49​

It's retarded.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor

Previous conviction on SR
Would not represent Skial in a favorable way
Would be biased towards certain players
Previous rating abuser (Currently ratings disabled, go figure)
Been banned/in time out numerous times on Skial
Doesn't even know how to do a ban correctly

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Haven't played with him myself so I can only go off chatlogs and forum posts, he seems pretty level headed in my opinion plus no bans on record (other than player votebans but people hand those out like candy especially in jailbreak)

Although I think you should work on being a little nicer in game. Like others have pointed out you are almost too serious and a bit on the rude side sometimes

Edit - After reading some other posts in this thread I'm gonna drop my +1 to a +0

If you work on your attitude in game I'll +1 but otherwise you don't seem to have a good reputation in game

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Like on an alt or a tag that was removed? If he had a previous tag that were removed, doesn't that just mean the tag was unjustified and rightfully not supposed to be there in the first place?
Shh, don't feed Johnny.
Yes, Dave got it overturned. It is no longer an issue.
Also, the ban question isn't even really that important. Dave fixed it immediately.

Reactions: Cylosis

Avenger

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Alright, I've decided to change my mind. +0, and you might be able to change that number. I'll try not to do anything stupid, and try not to be stupid in general

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Like on an alt or a tag that was removed? If he had a previous tag that were removed, doesn't that just mean the tag was unjustified and rightfully not supposed to be there in the first place?

Not gonna rehash an old story. Nor will i give my opinion on whether i or many others think he did it or his imaginary GF did. Either way, he had a scammer tag. But if you feel the need to dismiss that SR tag, feel free to take the numerous other reasons as to not give this kid admin status. Choice is yours.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
-1, likes to yell at me, or if not at me, someone I like
only played with him on Jailbreak, though, so I don't know him too well
If you are referring to tonight, he was mad at you because you, Seth, Blade and Grima were all spamming keybinds.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I don't really care how you represent yourself on the forums, as most people have made a "Dave is so great he's Dave so cool lololol" representation of you without even knowing you, just because it's apparently the cool thing to do.

But on the server? You're so annoyed by everything. Even when Cylo and Drum play on Jailbreak they take it easy, only disciplining people who are dumb enough to continue after a few warnings. You, holy god we were messing around with you for less than ten minutes and you go through the trouble of calling out people for some harmless fun. It's not Competitive TF2, it's just for fun.

Derpy basically pointed out what goes on every time you play on the server, you call people out on every single thing and it's so annoying to play with you. Everyone comes to chill out with some friends and share some laughs, it isn't that hard to lay back a little. If someone truly is ruining the game, then people act on it, no one likes grifers. But if they just dick around for a bit there isn't a need to be so anal about.

With that said, -1. The people on the servers aren't going to see the Dave on the forums, it's just going to be "stick to the rules, no fun besides doing what I say." No one wants that on a server made for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.