Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Putting aside all SteamRep situation and my personal past issues with the applicant, here's what I've considered while giving my -1:
  1. Multiple forum warnings;
  2. A couple of timeouts on the forum;
  3. Provocative behavior;
  4. Ban for racism.
Very controversial figure. While good at trolling in Unmod, unfortunately, won't make a good admin.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Because history's everything, right? When was my last ban? My last warning? Yeah. It's been a long-ass while. I don't "constantly break rules" just because I have a history of occasionally breaking rules. Know who else has had a shitton of controversy surrounding them? Mittens. Cinic. Ruelel. Even you, Zeebs. I'm not applying here to make people like me. If it were all about who liked who, we all know Mittens wouldn't be an admin. I'm applying here for the sake of the servers.

Bottiger

Administrator
In closing, there were wrongs done on each side, but a single situation especially this small doesn't make or break an admin case. I believe gwor or chuck[EDIT: it was extaa not either of these http://www.skial.com/threads/extaas-application.18474/ reference] was a massive tool on his admin app with a lot of -1s, but he got admin anyways and is a pretty good one at it as well. Toxik's right, at the end of the day, nothing any of us say makes an impact on whether or not Dave will get admin, so stop making everything a massive deal.

We will not choose admins that people universally dislike. Candidates with more supporters are more likely to get admin.

Extaa was chosen because we didn't have enough EU admins so we overlooked some of his faults.

However I do not feel the amount of reports coming from jailbreak is enough to overlook Dave's history.

Reactions: SgtGiraffe

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
well even if this is declined i just want to get this out. i've never experienced anything bad with Dave, and if the time comes for when Dave is Forgiven i want to Put up my +1 even if there are some flaws i like Dave he is a Nice guy and above all Good
+1

Nue Houjuu

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Dude supported me when I needed it and he did not even know me, and that's amazing in my books. If there is anyone right for a job its this dude. So if he tries again

+1 from me

Status
Not open for further replies.