KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
If everyone but you is friendly on the server you should just let them continue. Being a friendly isn't against the rules. Not helping your team advance their position is against the rules. If your entire team is being a friendly, they aren't breaking that rule.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
KillerZebra plays classical music on Dustbowl. What do you do?

Bigshula teaches another player how to properly bake a cake on the mic chat. Several players are annoyed and complain. What do you do?

You are in pre game. You and an enemy pyro stare at each other through the gate. Then the bastard taunts and manages to kill you. What do you do?

185db

Epic Skial Regular
KillerZebra plays classical music on Dustbowl. What do you do?

Bigshula teaches another player how to properly bake a cake on the mic chat. Several players are annoyed and complain. What do you do?

You are in pre game. You and an enemy pyro stare at each other through the gate. Then the bastard taunts and manages to kill you. What do you do?

1) Well, for this one it really doesn't matter whether or not people are complaining. If I let KillerZebra go unpunished for spam, then someone else who is spamming in a very bad way could just bring up this case and how I did not punish Killerzebra, and then I would be screwed. I always ask people to stop first, and this case is no exception. If KillerZebra refuses to stop, then sm_silence "#[U:1:33253768]" 1440 "Constant microphone spam"

2) As long as Bigshula is not keeping his finger pressed on the mic button, or constantly talking non-stop, then this cannot be considered spam. I would tell the complaining players to read the rules. If they try to votemute Bigshula, then its a big fat sm_silence "#steam id" 30 "Votemenu abuse". If Bigshula legitimately is spamming, Then I would ask him to stop, and as usual, if he refuses, sm_silence "#[U:1:92906082]" 1440 "Constant microphone spam"

3) It is everybody's responsibility to read the skial rules. It is clearly stated that killing someone behind gates is exploiting and against the rules. I feel like this is one of the few exceptions to my rule of giving warnings, and I would automatically proceed to ban the player sm_ban "#steam id" 1440 "exploiting map through killing people behind spawn gates"

Last edited:

Kobe

Wicked Nasty Engineer
1) Well, for this one it really doesn't matter whether or not people are complaining. If I let KillerZebra go unpunished for spam, then someone else who is spamming in a very bad way could just bring up this case and how I did not punish Killerzebra, and then I would be screwed. I always ask people to stop first, and this case is no exception. If KillerZebra refuses to stop, then sm_silence "#[U:1:33253768]" 30 "Constant microphone spam"

2) As long as Bigshula is not keeping his finger pressed on the mic button, or constantly talking non-stop, then this cannot be considered spam. I would tell the complaining players to read the rules. If they try to votemute Bigshula, then its a big fat sm_silence "#steam id" 30 "Votemenu abuse". If Bigshula legitimately is spamming, Then I would ask him to stop, and as usual, if he refuses, sm_silence "#[U:1:92906082]" 30 "Constant microphone spam"

3) It is everybody's responsibility to read the skial rules. It is clearly stated that killing someone behind gates is exploiting and against the rules. I feel like this is one of the few exceptions to my rule of giving warnings, and I would automatically proceed to ban the player "sm_ban "#steam id" 1440 "exploiting map through killing people behind spawn gates"
Bigshula is a woman.

Deleted

Positively Inhumane Poster
-1 for now. The last section of your app was displeasing. If you are to become an admin, you need to understand all the servers so if someone needs your help on them, you can competently respond. I would suggest reading the rules for those servers.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
-1 for now. The last section of your app was displeasing. If you are to become an admin, you need to understand all the servers so if someone needs your help on them, you can competently respond. I would suggest reading the rules for those servers.

There are plenty of admins that can moderate those servers. I agree that I should learn those servers though, and I completely respect your opinion. Jailbreak is just very confusing to me. I tried playing it once and got very frustrated because I would die for apparently no reason.

Thank you for the input!!

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
If you are to become an admin, you need to understand all the servers so if someone needs your help on them, you can competently respond. I would suggest reading the rules for those servers.
I agree that I should learn those servers though, and I completely respect your opinion. Jailbreak is just very confusing to me. I tried playing it once and got very frustrated because I would die for apparently no reason.

Good point. I was asked a question about Jailbreak in my app by TapTap I think and I couldn't really respond it because I never played Jailbreak at that point. I asked around to get to know what "Freekilling" meant and answered it. However, they are right when they are going to ask you those type of questions, so that just got me to think, if I was to become an admin, then I should probably also know all the modes of that community.
Since then, I have a connection time of almost 24 hours on Jailbreak, just to be ready when there are any upcoming questions relating that gamemode, learning the rules of that game mode. There still come up times when I ask Beetlejuice or TapTap for clarification on some of the rules there, and they are gladly very helpful at that and so far I consider myself very confident about JB rules (but they can be very complicated to newcomers, I agree with you on that).
Point being, you should probably consider learning other modes like Saxton Hale, Jailbreak, Deathrun as you are meant to administrate any of the servers you are needed at.

PS: At this point, I want to thank @TapTap and @Beetlejuice for being there whenever I had and still have questions concerning Jailbreak. Their input has been very valuable and I'd like to let everyone know about it.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Point being, you should probably consider learning other modes like Saxton Hale, Jailbreak, Deathrun as you are meant to administrate any of the servers you are needed at.
It is true you are required to admin any gamemode, but there are still admins who don't touch custom (and I understand it considering how difficult and annoying it is to admin Jailbreak).
Being knowledgeable in all fields is, in a way, not really required.
I don't know how to moderate Deathrun for instance since I never played it.
Regardless, it is without a doubt important to get familiar with most gamemodes, it's merely an extra plus.

And you're welcome. ^^

185db

Epic Skial Regular
It is true you are required to admin any gamemode, but there are still admins who don't touch custom (and I understand it considering how difficult and annoying it is to admin Jailbreak).
Being knowledgeable in all fields is, in a way, not really required.
I don't know how to moderate Deathrun for instance since I never played it.
Regardless, it is without a doubt important to get familiar with most gamemodes, it's merely an extra plus.

And you're welcome. ^^

I have played saxton hale before and I understand the gamemode. I do not know the skial rules for it though. Jailbreak I do not enjoy at all, and thus don't understand hardly anything about it. Im not sure what deathrun is, but Im assuming its a gamemode where you run as far as you can across obstacles or something. I dont mind trade servers, but I do not trade in tf2. I guess the only rules there would be no spamming, hacking and other serious offenses.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
1) Well, for this one it really doesn't matter whether or not people are complaining. If I let KillerZebra go unpunished for spam, then someone else who is spamming in a very bad way could just bring up this case and how I did not punish Killerzebra, and then I would be screwed. I always ask people to stop first, and this case is no exception. If KillerZebra refuses to stop, then sm_silence "#[U:1:33253768]" 30 "Constant microphone spam"

2) As long as Bigshula is not keeping his finger pressed on the mic button, or constantly talking non-stop, then this cannot be considered spam. I would tell the complaining players to read the rules. If they try to votemute Bigshula, then its a big fat sm_silence "#steam id" 30 "Votemenu abuse". If Bigshula legitimately is spamming, Then I would ask him to stop, and as usual, if he refuses, sm_silence "#[U:1:92906082]" 30 "Constant microphone spam"

3) It is everybody's responsibility to read the skial rules. It is clearly stated that killing someone behind gates is exploiting and against the rules. I feel like this is one of the few exceptions to my rule of giving warnings, and I would automatically proceed to ban the player sm_ban "#steam id" 1440 "exploiting map through killing people behind spawn gates"
Since it's not been regarded, I'll do it:
  1. We tend to be more lenient on micspam, unless it's being disliked by several people on the server or it's breaking Skial's rules (racism, sexism, etc.), it's fine. For what you said about another player spamming and then complaining why KillerZebra was not punished, you can simply respond with "KillerZebra's spam was not annoying to multiple people on the server, nor did it break any of the server rules" (this is of course, if the spammer's spam was annoying / breaking one of our rules).
  2. Acceptable answer, just use words like "they're" or the player's name if you don't know their gender. ;)
  3. Acceptable answer, we tend to keep the ban reason short though, "exploiting" will suffice.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Since it's not been regarded, I'll do it:

1. We tend to be more lenient on micspam, unless it's being disliked by several people on the server or it's breaking Skial's rules (racism, sexism, etc.), it's fine. For what you said about another player spamming and then complaining why KillerZebra was not punished, you can simply respond with "KillerZebra's spam was not annoying to multiple people on the server, nor did it break any of the server rules" (this is of course, if the spammer's spam was annoying / breaking one of our rules).
    Acceptable answer, just use words like "they're" or the player's name if you don't know their gender. ;)
    Acceptable answer, we tend to keep the ban reason short though, "exploiting" will suffice.
Thank you very much for the clarification. I was beginning to wonder about it. I was not aware that you wanted the reason short, as I like to make things as thorough as possible. I will keep the gender identity in mind as well

185db

Epic Skial Regular
@BO$$

Neither answer 1 nor answer 2 are correct. We do not silence for 30 minutes.

Well, if it is not for 30 minutes, then I think it would be safe to assume that an admin silences people for 1 day. I assumed that you would do 30 minutes, as that is the length of time for a votemenu mute/gag

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
and neither are the silence lengths
https://www.skial.com/threads/admin-info.82/#post-586029
wDlf7Qb.png

Also not hard to deduce from sourcebans or even resolved reports.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
@BO$$

Neither answer 1 nor answer 2 are correct. We do not silence for 30 minutes.
You never specified an offense count so I disregarded time from the factor, my response was based off format and how BO$$ would handle the scenario.