185db

Epic Skial Regular
https://www.skial.com/threads/admin-info.82/#post-586029
wDlf7Qb.png

Also not hard to deduce from sourcebans or even resolved reports.

Ah. I did not scroll down that far lol. Thanks for the heads up though. I should have seen that myself

ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
someone named @Chel drops a nazi spray on jailbreak. @Chel has 7 previous offenses which are a combination of bans and silences. what do you do?

[Furry] Meowcenary, an annoying mini-sentry engineer, places his teleporter entrance at the front lines and the exit back at his spawn. this is his 3rd offense for the same thing. what do you do?

185db

Epic Skial Regular
someone named @Chel drops a nazi spray on jailbreak. @Chel has 7 previous offenses which are a combination of bans and silences. what do you do?

[Furry] Meowcenary, an annoying mini-sentry engineer, places his teleporter entrance at the front lines and the exit back at his spawn. this is his 3rd offense for the same thing. what do you do?

1) Correct me if I am wrong, but I have not seen nor heard of anything that suggests that sprays considering political parties are banned on skial servers. Regardless, I would make sure to contact another admin or two, to see if they deem it as an offense. If so, then sm_ban "#[URL='http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/[U:1:106768908]'][U:1:106768908]" 0 "8th offense, Illegal spray". This can be made a permanent ban because It falls under the catagory of "major offense". [/URL]

(Not sure why the letters are blue, it became a link for some reason. Please disregard that)

2) There is nothing wrong with this up front. However, there are 3 scenarios that I can see coming from this. 1, the player is not doing anything except for teleporting themselves constantly, without being a help to team. 2, the player is using it as an escape mechanism. 3, the player is griefing and trolling his team through making them teleport back to spawn on accident. If this is either scenario 1 or 3, then I would consider this to be a bannable offense as it falls under the category of "refusing to advance team's position". No warning as Meowcenary has been banned for this before. sm_ban "#[U:1:38301129]" 43200 " Fourth offense, griefing". If it is scenario 2, then there is nothing wrong and no action will be taken. I can judge which scenario it is just by watching the player, and spectating the suspect if necessary

185db

Epic Skial Regular
If I may ask, I am wondering why I was set to improve. I am not angry, I would just like to know so I can improve upon it if I chose to apply again. I am guessing it has something to do with my answers being insufficent, but if that is not the case I would greatly appreciate being told.

Thank you all for your consideration in my application, and I hope you find my next one to be better suited for admin responsibility.

B for Bandana

Mildly Menacing Medic
I
I would like to clarify that fuzzy one is calling me a bitch apparently because I am always telling him to follow rules when he breaks them and that makes me a bad person. I appreciate the change of heart though
I can verify that TangyZ is always asking Fuzzy to follow the rules. Tangy is acting like a good admin , but Fuzzy did not do much wrong besides swearing in chat(not in a bullying way) and goes friendly against the opponent team(which I don't see anything wrong with)

Kobe

Wicked Nasty Engineer
If I may ask, I am wondering why I was set to improve. I am not angry, I would just like to know so I can improve upon it if I chose to apply again. I am guessing it has something to do with my answers being insufficent, but if that is not the case I would greatly appreciate being told.

Thank you all for your consideration in my application, and I hope you find my next one to be better suited for admin responsibility.
Although you understand the very basics of being an admin, ie: ban commands, you don't seem to be very familiar with Skial's system of banning/silencing players.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Although you understand the very basics of being an admin, ie: ban commands, you don't seem to be very familiar with Skial's system of banning/silencing players.
Im assuming you mean that I dont really understand when to ban or silence, and I can follow you up on that. Just the fact that I dont really know what you mean shows that there is something wrong lol. Im just a bit upset, as I was put into considering which made me really happy, and then set to improve. It would have been nice to just set it to improve earlier but it is what it is. I really appreciate you telling me this, as this server really means a lot to me and you helping me to learn to become a better admin candidate is awesome. I will most certainly start learning the rules of ban/silence better and talk to some more admins, and I will be sure to re -apply. When I do decide to re-apply, do I need to create a completely new thread or just bump this one?

Last edited:

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Im assuming you mean that I dont really understand when to ban or silence, and I can follow you up on that. Just the fact that I dont really know what you mean shows that there is something wrong lol. Im just a bit upset, as I was put into considering which made me really happy, and then set to improve. It would have been nice to just set it to improve earlier but it is what it is. I really appreciate you telling me this, as this server really means a lot to me and you helping me to learn to become a better admin candidate is awesome. I will most certainly start learning the rules of ban/silence better and talk to some more admins, and I will be sure to re -apply. When I do decide to re-apply, do I need to create a completely new thread or just bump this one?
I'd say make a new thread, a clean slate is always nice.