TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
It is my forth racism offense. I say the n word on the mic. What do you do?

A heavy is turtling on 2fort not harming anyone. What do you do?

Everyone on the server shouts a player's name claiming he's a hacker. Then when you go spec him he's gone. What do you do?

185db

Epic Skial Regular
It is my forth racism offense. I say the n word on the mic. What do you do?

A heavy is turtling on 2fort not harming anyone. What do you do?

Everyone on the server shouts a player's name claiming he's a hacker. Then when you go spec him he's gone. What do you do?

1) No warning this time as you clearly know that it is against the rules.
sm_silence "#[U:1:152151756]" 43200 "use of the n word for the fourth offense"
I would keep this mute and gag there for a month, and I would consult with other admins to see if it should be longer, or if the player should be banned from skial

2) I am not exactly sure what "turtling" means but I am going to assume that it means the heavy is just crouch walking around with melee out.
I would proceed to ask the heavy to stop what he is doing, read the rules, and help out his team. If he starts playing for real, I would then just keep my eye on him for the remainder of the time I am available.
If the heavy refuses, then I would have no choice but to ban him. Assuming it is his first offense (I am going to use TapTap's id in the command) I would use sm_ban "#[U:1:152151756]" 1440 "refuses to stop harming team"

3) My first course of action would be to proceed and ask some reputable people on the server, if they believe the person was hacking. If they say that it was a blatantly obvious hacker (or not), then I would proceed to friend the accused person on steam, and just wait for the next time they go on server. Next time they do go on server, if I do not see anything that screams "cheater" then I would watch them a little while longer, and then just keep my eye open for when they hop onto a skial server. But back to the actual incident. I would stay on the server for a while and see if the accused comes back on. If not then I will proceed as said above. If the person does come on server, I would spectate them. I would record a demo regardless of whether or not I thought they were cheating, and submit it to these forums. If the person is just spinning around and getting headshots without even having crosshair on person, then I would proceed to ban them as well. sm_ban "#[U:1:152151756]" 0 "use of a third party cheat"

Last edited:

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
1) No warning this time as you clearly know that it is against the rules. I do not see a direct command to silence someone in the admin info so I would have to mute and gag you.
sm_gag "#[U:1:152151756]" sm_mute "#[U:1:152151756]"
I would keep this mute and gag there for a month, and I would consult with other admins to see if it should be longer, or if the player should be banned from skial

2) I am not exactly sure what "turtling" means but I am going to assume that it means the heavy is just crouch walking around with melee out.
I would proceed to ask the heavy to stop what he is doing, read the rules, and help out his team. If he starts playing for real, I would then just keep my eye on him for the remainder of the time I am available.
If the heavy refuses, then I would have no choice but to ban him. Assuming it is his first offense (I am going to use TapTap's id in the command) I would use sm_ban "#[U:1:152151756]" 1440 "refuses to stop harming team"

3) My first course of action would be to proceed and ask some reputable people on the server, if they believe the person was hacking. If they say that it was a blatantly obvious hacker (or not), then I would proceed to friend the accused person on steam, and just wait for the next time they go on server. Next time they do go on server, if I do not see anything that screams "cheater" then I would watch them a little while longer, and then just keep my eye open for when they hop onto a skial server. But back to the actual incident. I would stay on the server for a while and see if the accused comes back on. If not then I will proceed as said above. If the person does come on server, I would spectate them. I would record a demo regardless of whether or not I thought they were cheating, and submit it to these forums. If the person is just spinning around and getting headshots without even having crosshair on person, then I would proceed to ban them as well. sm_ban "#[U:1:152151756]" 0 "use of a third party cheat"
1) What you mentioned about the commands is incorrect. Also please type the full command.
2) Correct.
3) Acceptable answer.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
1) What you mentioned about the commands is incorrect. Also please type the full command.
2) Correct.
3) Acceptable answer.

What do you mean by full command. In the admin info it says...

sm_gag "#steamid" or #userid or "name"

sm_mute "#steamid" or #userid or "name"

I found it odd that it did not tell me to give a time or reason but it did not say too. If you could please clarify that would be great

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

I found it odd that it did not tell me to give a time or reason but it did not say too. If you could please clarify that would be great

We are able to silence even though it is apperantly not in the admin info thread. Earlier I linked ban/silence times, so refer to that for a fourth offense.

Do the whole command on TapTap like you did on yourself Initially in this app.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
We are able to silence even though it is apperantly not in the admin info thread. Earlier I linked ban/silence times, so refer to that for a fourth offense.

Do the whole command on TapTap like you did on yourself Initially in this app.

Should be fixed to mute and gag for one month

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
1) No warning this time as you clearly know that it is against the rules. I do not see a direct command to silence someone in the admin info so I would have to mute and gag you.
sm_gag "#[U:1:152151756]" 44640 "use of the n word for the fourth time" sm_mute "#[U:1:152151756]" 44640 "use of the n word for the fourth time"

40320 hours is what you should input. Also as Shula said, there's a command that combines mute and gag.

Not mentioning time and reason would, if I'm not mistaken, issue a blank-reason command for 30 minutes.

Admin info thread isn't the ultimate reference by the way. It gives the sm_ commands and simplified syntax.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
40320 hours is what you should input. Also as Shula said, there's a command that combines mute and gag.

Not mentioning time and reason would, if I'm not mistaken, issue a blank-reason command for 30 minutes.

Admin info thread isn't the ultimate reference by the way. It gives the sm_ commands and simplified syntax.

Did you mean 43200? That is for 30 days and the time that I allotted is for 31 days.

What reference should I use when using commands? Im not aware of any other way to find my commands

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Great resource. That really helps

sm_silence basecomm chat <target> Performs both a gag and mute on the target(s).

Not questioning your authority but I still dont understand why the time and reason is needed as it states on the wiki page and admin page to just put the target id in the command. Says nothing about time or reason
IMO I'm pretty sure an admin would know what the proper mute command is.
Also, +1 once you can sort out what the correct command is for what TapTap asked.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Great resource. That really helps

sm_silence basecomm chat <target> Performs both a gag and mute on the target(s).

Not questioning your authority but I still dont understand why the time and reason is needed as it states on the wiki page and admin page to just put the target id in the command. Says nothing about time or reason
Oh, your question makes sense.
We use a custom banning/silencing plugin called SourceBans. It allows for temporary punishments.
What you see on the page is the regular stock sourcemod mute function that can only allow permanent mutes.
Consider sm_silence as a command that follows the same syntax as sm_ban.
Not including time would issue a 30 minute ban/mute whatever, which is not the point.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Oh, your question makes sense.
We use a custom banning/silencing plugin called SourceBans. It allows for temporary punishments.
What you see on the page is the regular stock sourcemod mute function that can only allow permanent mutes.
Consider sm_silence as a command that follows the same syntax as sm_ban.
Not including time would issue a 30 minute ban/mute whatever, which is not the point.

Oke doke thank you for understanding.

The command should be correct now for a 30 day silence

Reactions: TapTap

Kobe

Wicked Nasty Engineer
All the players on 2fort are being friendly apart from you. What do you do?

I threaten to hack Bottigers steam account, what action do you take?

185db

Epic Skial Regular
All the players on 2fort are being friendly apart from you. What do you do?

I threaten to hack Bottigers steam account, what action do you take?

For both questions, I am assuming it is on a skial server as you did not specify

1) I would first warn all of the players. I would then proceed to ban those who do not listen using the sm_ban "#account id" 1440 "Harmful to team and refuses to help"

2) This is a tricky one. If you are not on a skial server there is not much I can do besides warn all the other admins and Bottiger. If you do happen to be on a skial server, then I am not taking any risks and will directly sm_ban "#[U:1:93019483]" 0 "Threatening to hack the skial owner"
Either way, I will warn all skial staff
You can make an appeal if you feel that you have been wrongly banned