• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
debatable. seeing as airblasting enemies into a corner almost guarantees a 195 damage axe hit + possible damage inflicted beforehand + afterburn
a scout can use his double jump or triple jump with the atomizer and hop away
a soldier will just shoot shit at you
a pyro well just derp pyro fight
a demo is screwed but that makes sense since he is not a close quarters class
a heavy will just shoot shit at you
a engy isnt an offensive class and poopin out mini sentries doesnt count as offensive
medics can pop ubers
if you get a sniper you either sneaked behind and got him or he's stupid
and pyro is spy's hard counter.
i dont see how its op

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
well yes, and why not? it's supposed to reward enemies for ambushing, and rightly so. there's some guy who frequents EU lobbies who uses it and topscores a shitload.
obviously there's going to be wm1 issues with pyro in general, but yknow, noobs
You missed my point. My point was that the backburner does a way better job at ambushing than stock flamethrower, so that argument is out of the way as well.

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
a scout can use his double jump or triple jump with the atomizer and hop away
a soldier will just shoot shit at you
a pyro well just derp pyro fight
a demo is screwed but that makes sense since he is not a close quarters class
a heavy will just shoot shit at you
a engy isnt an offensive class and poopin out mini sentries doesnt count as offensive
medics can pop ubers
if you get a sniper you either sneaked behind and got him or he's stupid
and pyro is spy's hard counter.
i dont see how its op
well not all that can be applied to enclosed quarters, really
frankly meds don't have time to pop if unaware
circlestrafing heavy takes advantage of his speed
if the other pyro is using stock/badburner he will usually turn out on top due to more firepower
all this is pretty assumptional of the masses of tf2 to be honest

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You missed my point. My point was that the backburner does a way better job at ambushing than stock flamethrower, so that argument is out of the way as well.
i never denied that fact or raised that argument
you're funny

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
well not all that can be applied to enclosed quarters, really
frankly meds don't have time to pop if unaware
circlestrafing heavy takes advantage of his speed
if the other pyro is using stock/badburner he will usually turn out on top due to more firepower
all this is pretty assumptional of the masses of tf2 to be honest
if you're on fire as a med and you think you're going to get axe'd then pop.
not hard to kill a circlestrafing pyro stop move your mouse to the left or right
stock and "badburner" wont go ontop unless they're constantly airblasting team mates out.

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
if you're on fire as a med and you think you're going to get axe'd then pop.
not hard to kill a circlestrafing pyro stop move your mouse to the left or right
stock and "badburner" wont go ontop unless they're constantly airblasting team mates out.
even if the med does pop, hopefully the pyro would be smart enough to airblast him away from his patient
it only takes 2 axtinguisher crits to down a heavy, there's some room for doubt if he's overhealed though
i meant pyro vs pyro, stock/backburner usually prevails as the degreaser/flare/axting all have damage penalties

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
even if the med does pop, hopefully the pyro would be smart enough to airblast him away from his patient
it only takes 2 axtinguisher crits to down a heavy, there's some room for doubt if he's overhealed though
i meant pyro vs pyro, stock/backburner usually prevails as the degreaser/flare/axting all have damage penalties
then his patient kills the pyro
the heavy can kill a pyro thats right in his face really easy
derp pyro fights are stupid
hueaehuae
well that's your opinion buddy
the majority of pyros run degreaser because of the weapon switch speed.
that's the only good part of the degreaser. no reason to run stock when i can get faster weapon switch

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
then his patient kills the pyro
the heavy can kill a pyro thats right in his face really easy
derp pyro fights are stupid

the majority of pyros run degreaser because of the weapon switch speed.
that's the only good part of the degreaser. no reason to run stock when i can get faster weapon switch
i still prefer stock, there's some stubborn hipster inside me that forces me to. if the degreaser came with -10% damage resistance without having the set, i could respect it a bit more.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
i still prefer stock, there's some stubborn hipster inside me that forces me to. if the degreaser came with -10% damage resistance without having the set, i could respect it a bit more.
then no one would use the degreaser.
the attendent set is bad because you get killed faster by your hard counters(heavy and scout) and you dont have an axtinguisher or a homewrecker
you're left with a powerjack.
which isn't a bad melee but its not one of the best ones

Crimmy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Side note, it always scares the shit out of me when a Backburner airblasts rockets back at me.

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
then no one would use the degreaser.
the attendent set is bad because you get killed faster by your hard counters(heavy and scout) and you dont have an axtinguisher or a homewrecker
you're left with a powerjack.
which isn't a bad melee but its not one of the best ones
then can we rightfully say the degreaser is a direct upgrade? i mean, it does have a -10% damage penalty, but the weapon switch speed is so ridiculous it almost negates it