• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

DaJaKoe

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
If is has a homewrecker you're good. Although if you play around maps with a lot of water, use that neon-sign thing.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I saw ivorys Stock Flamethrower Flare Gun and Homerecker is dat good?.

In this pyros opinion no reason to not use the degreaser.

Competitive I run the old standby of Degreaser, Flare, Axtinguisher. When I'm dicking around in pubs I run Degreaser, Flare, Powerjack.

If you can aim with the flaregun, it's def worth using - I can see the use of the shotgun as well, but from my perspective I pretty much never get rid of flaregun.

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
stock forces you to actually play pyro, not puff + sting simulator
homewrecker if there's any good engies on your team

ultimately i use stock for everything, the minor exceptions being straight upgrades/actually useful items

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

ultimately i use stock for everything, the minor exceptions being straight upgrades/actually useful items
stock pyro is shit.

Devrim

Mildly Menacing Medic
Lul, all stock does is more wm1ing and less burst damage.
Deg+ Flare/Deg+shotty Is fine really. Sometimes one is better than another in certain situations.
As far as melee, axetinguisher is extremely overpowered and useful. So if you're playing srsface then use it. If not use whatever you like honestly.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor

What's wrong with puff and sting? I regard puff and sting pyros a lot higher than pyros who just run at me holding down the flamethrower...even before I started maining pyro.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Lul, all stock does is more wm1ing and less burst damage.
Deg+ Flare/Deg+shotty Is fine really. Sometimes one is better than another in certain situations.
As far as melee, axetinguisher is extremely overpowered and useful. So if you're playing srsface then use it. If not use whatever you like honestly.
i dont see how the axtinguisher is op.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i dont see how the axtinguisher is op.

It is to a certain degree, I try not to use it because I feel kind of scrubby when I do (unless I'm playing srsmode.)

I consider something overpowered when there is a lack of discernible downsides to it, while having massive upsides. It's not as broken as somethings, but I feel dirty using it.

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
What's wrong with puff and sting? I regard puff and sting pyros a lot higher than pyros who just run at me holding down the flamethrower...even before I started maining pyro.
the basis of pyro used to be flanking around enemies, ambushing, then getting the hell out of there. it's still a valid tactic, as it leaves the enemy in flames, and you unharmed. generally i see puff and sting as cheap as there's pretty much no counter to it other than a stray nade/rocket/meatshot to the face.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
the basis of pyro used to be flanking around enemies, ambushing, then getting the hell out of there. it's still a valid tactic, as it leaves the enemy in flames. generally i see puff and sting as cheap as there's pretty much no counter to it other than a stray nade/rocket/meatshot to the face.
that makes the pyro only useful when the other team is completely stupid.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
the basis of pyro used to be flanking around enemies, ambushing, then getting the hell out of there. it's still a valid tactic, as it leaves the enemy in flames, and you unharmed. generally i see puff and sting as cheap as there's pretty much no counter to it other than a stray nade/rocket/meatshot to the face.

Effective =/= cheap. There is a counter, the same counter there is to wm+1, don't let the pyro get close to you.