Bottiger

Administrator
When TF2 went F2P the number of players went through the roof...now that the dust has settled there are way too many servers for the number of people playing.

It might be wise to trim down the number of Skial servers to ensure long-term success. I'd rather see 10 full servers than 25 half-filled ones. Once the 10 stay full then slowly start expanding again.

We can't just delete servers that aren't populated. We buy dedicated servers so we can get the highest quality per price due to bulk discount. I am essentially bypassing the GSP middleman. Shutting down one of these would close 7 populated servers, and 3 unpopulated ones.

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Fighting should be disabled on an unusual trade server. If I look at Unusual Hat Club's Unusual server or at Rawr's unusual server in both servers fighting is disabled. That way people who don't want to trade will leave again and nobody focuses on fighting. I suggest disabling fighting by either making god mode (like Unusual hat club server) for all or by forcing all people to join the same team (like Rawr Unusual server)
I don't mind the fighting because it gives you something to do because your not always fighting and not everyone just wants to sit there. But Its annoying when everyone is only fighting. The all the same team thing was pretty nice on the unusual one.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Make the trade threads and other server messages less frequent in the game.

The check out our forum one should be upgraded to a better advertisement, to make people who joined through quickplay add other Skial servers as favourites. It should state that Skial has lot of other servers, with faster respawn times too, low latency in the US as well as in Europe, variety of popular maps, things like that, and a command, which brings the player to an updated server list (instead of the current one), with links and more information about respawn timers, maximum players and so on. I don't know if that's possible, but quicklinks on them which saves them as favourites maybe. Or just brings them there.
I don't know if there's a command to save current server as favourite. I play a lot so if there is one it isn't well known at all.

Ozone

Server-Clearing Cynic
Maybe shorten the afk time-limit because some people seems to think it's a good idea to leave their computer while gaming and that leaves one team without a/some player(s) which sometimes leads to one teams easy win and one teams disastrous loss.

Reactions: BOLDAT and CiNiC

voodooelectricj

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Maybe shorten the afk time-limit because some people seems to think it's a good idea to leave their computer while gaming and that leaves one team without a/some player(s) which sometimes leads to one teams easy win and one teams disastrous loss.
That's just mean, sometimes people have to take dumps, and it can take a while to neatly fold up the toilet paper

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
I second (or third or whatever) for vanilla bots. Joined US21, picked scoot, peeked my head out of spawn. Got a lock n' load to the face. Respawned, peeked out of spawn, got another loch n' load to the face. Left Dusty, clicked quickplay.

Bots' aim is pretty godlike, but I accept that they help seed servers.

Reactions: Staying_Classy

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I just have qualms with the obnoxious weaps on bots. Juggling pyro with Phlog is gay, these Quick Fix medics are idiots, and Cow Mangler... Auh...

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I just have qualms with the obnoxious weaps on bots. Juggling pyro with Phlog is gay, these Quick Fix medics are idiots, and Cow Mangler... Auh...
I agree... The bots have gone full retard. I really don't think that regular bots discourage people from staying as much as the impossibots that we've had for the past few weeks do. I mean when Genocide comes on and gets fucked in the ass by bots you know they're too difficult.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I agree... The bots have gone full retard. I really don't think that regular bots discourage people from staying as much as the impossibots that we've had for the past few weeks do. I mean when Genocide comes on and gets fucked in the ass by bots you know they're too difficult.

i am personally fine with the bots now. i do not see a problem with them

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i am personally fine with the bots now. i do not see a problem with them

the bots base themselves off of player scores right? it's not there fault if a good player gets online and dominates the ones that arent as good.