mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I have a Windows machine for gaming and my Macs for work and other productivity purposes. I have no gripes with one or the other since they both equally serve my needs.

One of the main reasons I'm drawn Macs to for work is the workflow and because of Final Cut Pro (which is also cheaper than premiere minus the cost of the mac) which in my opinion wins over Premiere Pro cause:
>Automatic codec detection(with DSLR shooting)
>ProRes
>Sound design features(premiere isn't too deep in sound editing cause that's what they have Soundbooth/Audtion for)
>a little bit more variety in color treatment features without having to go into 3rd party plug ins
>ProRes(i said it again cause it's just too awesome)

another thing noticed, having worked on both OS is the quick clip previews via quicktime before importing into the program and this is made possible with a Mac OS.

So yea, my personal workflow is a smoother on Mac

And when i finish work, I move over to my equally awesome Windows rig and enjoy some games. I like both Windows and Mac and see no reason to shit on one or the other.
FINALLY, someone who likes both and doesn't shit on the other because it's different from what they use *cough* Perseus Dash Jackson *cough*

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If you want the bragging rights that much, stick a white case and an Apple sticker on whatever actually good laptop you have. The people who actually use Mac probably won't know the difference on seeing the OS :D
You'll be laughing, but another day when I was browsing through eBay I saw dude from China selling a phone that looked like iPhone. At the bottom of his ad he put a note "I'll add an Apple Logo sticker so the phone would look like it's an iPhone.

loganlj2

Epic Skial Regular
Mac's are extremely overpriced and the only good thing about them is that they make GREAT heatpads.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
The only real reason I don't like Apple is mostly because of it's userbase. You'll never meet any worse dipshits than Apple users.

Like, you know, I could hate on Apple for being overly restrictive or being overpriced, but frankly it doesn't concern me because I don't use Apple. The only thing that affects me personally is the dicky userbase. The only guy in our class that uses Apple is the guy that gets grades meant for retards while wearing expensive Gucci shit, while being a snobby jackass to everyone who doesn't agree with him or do what he says.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Unmod? NI-lol no

I like windows.
I've never used a mac. Therefore I can't form a valid opinion.

[CoFR]Mirlen

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Well...lessee...

Windows is an operating system...
Linux is a kernel...
and Mac is hardware...

So how about we get all on the same level here... This is like comparing Apples Oranges and Kumquats...

[CoFR]Mirlen

Oh and once ya grow up, you'll realize most things serve a purpose... Windows or Mac for Photoshop/Lightroom/Aperture/photo management and gaming, Linux when I need to do some funky command line stuff and want all my text manipulation tools, or if I'm stuck in Windows then fire up Cygwin. FreeBSD worked out well for my server for some time running the Linux compatibility stuff too. Oh and NetBSD if you want to run *NIX on everything in the world.

This is why I have my drives in trayless hotswap bays, I can easily pop them out and boot whatever I feel like booting.

So, I guess I don't really have any hate, I have understanding.

Reactions: Doctor Who

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well...lessee...

Windows is an operating system...
Linux is a kernel...
and Mac is hardware...

So how about we get all on the same level here... This is like comparing Apples Oranges and Kumquats...
Mac OSX
Windows OS
Linux is an operating system lol...

[CoFR]Mirlen

Linux is an operating system lol...

No, Linux is a KERNEL. Ubuntu is an operating system, Slackware is an operating system, RHES is an operating system (all of which utilize the Linux KERNEL). Boot the Linux kernel and show me where ya get without any shell, compiler, network tools etc. THAT makes up the operating system, Linux is the kernel.

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
No, Linux is a KERNEL. Ubuntu is an operating system, Slackware is an operating system, RHES is an operating system (all of which utilize the Linux KERNEL). Boot the Linux kernel and show me where ya get without any shell, compiler, network tools etc. THAT makes up the operating system, Linux is the kernel.
*Ahem*
Wikipedia said:
The Linux kernel is the operating system kernel used by the Linux family of Unix-like operating systems.[7] It is one of the most prominent examples of free and open source software.[8]
EDIT:
Wikipedia said:
In computing, the kernel is the main component of most computer operating system

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
"automobile transmission", doesn't mean a transmission is an automobile, the kernel is a small portion of an operating system.

I should've been more specific.

I was quoting mohawk's post, where he underlined "operating system", where he completely missed the word AFTER "system", which was "kernel". Not gonna lie, that was the first time I've ever seen someone quote a wiki while failing at validating his/her point.

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
me hates blue screen of death
me hates having no right click
me hates [insert bad thing about linux here oh wait there isn't any]