ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
How come? Last time I heard most people were making their presentations in PowerPoint.
I was talking more along the lines of organization and planning, also Microsoft PowerPoint isn't the presentation software.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
lso Microsoft PowerPoint isn't the presentation software.
Oh isn't it?:facepalm:
Quoting Wiki: "Microsoft PowerPoint is the name of a proprietary commercial software presentation program developed by Microsoft. It was developed by Microsoft and officially launched on May 22, 1990. It is part of the Microsoft Office suite, and runs on Microsoft Windows and Apple's Mac OS X operating system. The current versions are Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 for Windows and Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2011 for Mac."

Perseus Dash Jackson

Epic Skial Regular
If you want the bragging rights that much, stick a white case and an Apple sticker on whatever actually good laptop you have. The people who actually use Mac probably won't know the difference on seeing the OS :D

iTrade

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
How come? Last time I heard most people were making their presentations in PowerPoint.
Powerpoint works on mac, too. In fact it works better on Mac. Easier to use and a much better design. The mac version is newer than the windows version as well.

Mac is better for everything but gaming (the big iMacs are good for gaming, too)

Macs can run windows at the same time but i never saw a windows being able to run mac OSX

๖ۣۜZaldarius

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Macs are generally better for creative work though, like editing videos and music and that sort of thing, but they can be done just as easily with windows with the right software. straight out of the box however mac is more user friendly to the non tech savvy, but its a bitch for anyone that works on computers to handle, proprietary software and hardware make me want to punch a baby... >.>

not to mention you generally pay more for it

๖ۣۜZaldarius

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Ok cool. Now, name an OS that is better for the following demographic:
a) Poor
b) Gamer
c) Knows at least partly how computers work

=D
Red Hat linux with WINE for gaming
A. I can still put RHL on my old windows 98 fileserver
B. wine will emulate windows well enough for the games to believe you are running windows
C. its linux, you damn well better know what your doing

๖ۣۜZaldarius

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Play Battlefield 3 with WINE

If your FPS reaches double digits I will buy you an internet beer :lol:
with my system? id probably be just fine
considering i can run ANYTHING out currently at max settings, with dual screens (1600x 900) while dual booting with a virtual PC on the second screen, running a skype call and my music stream

This Name Is False

Totally Ordinary Human
I'll be honest, I don't own a Mac and have never used one (Nor do I have any desire to), but I still don't want one with what I've been hearing about them from friends of mine who use them.

Sinnx

Wicked Nasty Engineer
I have a Windows machine for gaming and my Macs for work and other productivity purposes. I have no gripes with one or the other since they both equally serve my needs.

One of the main reasons I'm drawn Macs to for work is the workflow and because of Final Cut Pro (which is also cheaper than premiere minus the cost of the mac) which in my opinion wins over Premiere Pro cause:
>Automatic codec detection(with DSLR shooting)
>ProRes
>Sound design features(premiere isn't too deep in sound editing cause that's what they have Soundbooth/Audtion for)
>a little bit more variety in color treatment features without having to go into 3rd party plug ins
>ProRes(i said it again cause it's just too awesome)

another thing noticed, having worked on both OS is the quick clip previews via quicktime before importing into the program and this is made possible with a Mac OS.

So yea, my personal workflow is a smoother on Mac

And when i finish work, I move over to my equally awesome Windows rig and enjoy some games. I like both Windows and Mac and see no reason to shit on one or the other.