mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You can buy durable laptops with Windows 7 in Microcenter, BestBuy, Amazon and so on easily. Actually, people prefer shopping online now due to lower prices and taxes.

I have HP dv9000 since 2005. It works perfectly. Depends on the owner and owner's knowledge (and where owners hands are growing from).

That's why Apple has its market. People are too ignorant to explore cheaper options and better possibilities. They buy Macs because Macs look cool and because neighbor has one (what am I, worse than this jerk motherfucker down the road?).

Why did you bold and underline easily? It's not like its hard to buy a mac or anything.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Why did you bold and underline easily? It's not like its hard to buy a mac or anything.

Because I was emphasizing that it's easy to buy durable (rigged) laptops in common stores too.

I'll kindly ask you to stop crapping this thread. You've already got one warning, stop posting irrelevant shit - if you have nothing to bring into this discussion - just stay away from it.

EvanFlew

Epic Skial Regular
It would be neat to see apple launching a piece of plastic that just covers the charging cables while showing the iphone/ipod screen like the ipod Hi-Fi, except that it does nothing at all, just like the NES SpeedBoard:
speedboard.jpg

Just for seeing the price they would implant

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It would be neat to see apple launching a piece of plastic that just covers the charging cables while showing the iphone/ipod screen like the ipod Hi-Fi, except that it does nothing at all, just like the NES SpeedBoard:
speedboard.jpg

Just for seeing the price they would implant

*1899 WITH ULTRA HIGH DEF RETINA DISPLAY

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I think Linux is cool because it gives you this feeling of being in complete control over every aspect of your computer
Mac is cool because it looks nice and makes you feel rich
Windows is windows. It plays more steam games than any other OS. No more needs to be said.

tux9656

Uncharitable Spy
There is no one-size-fits-all best OS. This best OS is the one that let's you do what you want with the least amount of hassle. For gaming in general, it's Windows. Many operating systems, such as Windows, and Mac OS, make many of the choices for the user in hopes of simplifying the computing experience with a one-size-fits-most OS. My personal favorite is Debian. Debian allows me to make all the choices about how my computer functions. I can chose which version of the kernel to run, what options it gets compiled with, and apply any source patches I'd like. I have a choice of desktop environment. I can choose which filesystem to use. I can modify and recompile any software packages I'd like. I even use Debian as my main OS for gaming. I dislike using Windows because I don't like the NTFS filesystem, I don't like the user interface, and I don't like Windows Explorer file manager. I also find that it is easier to install and manage software on Debian. On a simple server setup, I like to run FreeBSD. FreeBSD has a very fast and lean kernel, support for ZFS, and has very permissive software licensing.

tux9656

Uncharitable Spy
I just hope SteamOS isn't just some software running on top of Ubuntu. Ubuntu is what Windows would be if Windows was based on Unix.

tux9656

Uncharitable Spy
That's terrible. I'll just rip SteamOS apart and rebase it on a minimalized Slackware running on a nice and fast JFS filesystem, or see if FreeBSD's Linux emulation is up to the task.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
That's terrible. I'll just rip SteamOS apart and rebase it on a minimalized Slackware running on a nice and fast JFS filesystem, or see if FreeBSD's Linux emulation is up to the task.

Isn't JFS an Oracle FS and not supposed to be compatible with Linux and how would you "rebase" something? I'm sure you'd have to change more than just the sources.list

tux9656

Uncharitable Spy
JFS is a filesystem developed by IBM and used in IBM's AIX. It was open sourced and in the Linux kernel since 1999. It is very fast with metadata operations and filesystem checks are very quick. As far as rebasing goes, of course you wouldn't just change the sources.list. Slackware doesn't use apt, dpkg, or a sources.list. I would copy all the Valve/Steam parts out of SteamOS and put them into a Slackware install, install/build the required shared libraries, and set up any symlinks needed.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
JFS is a filesystem developed by IBM and used in IBM's AIX. It was open sourced and in the Linux kernel since 1999. It is very fast with metadata operations and filesystem checks are very quick. As far as rebasing goes, of course you wouldn't just change the sources.list. Slackware doesn't use apt, dpkg, or a sources.list. I would copy all the Valve/Steam parts out of SteamOS and put them into a Slackware install, install/build the required shared libraries, and set up any symlinks needed.

Symlinks are where you lost me. Got a link to show me?