KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I was ping masking. But I refused to remove it because it wasn't in the rules.

But ping masking doesn't gove you any kind of advantage. Especially when you can type ping in console.

Basically an ugc admin on their team was forcing me to change my settings (which I have played with for 4 years) or we forfeit for a rule that didn't exist until after the forfeit. That didn't go well with me.

We might be getting a rematch tho

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor

But ping masking doesn't gove you any kind of advantage. Especially when you can type ping in console.

Basically an ugc admin on their team was forcing me to change my settings (which I have played with for 4 years) or we forfeit for a rule that didn't exist until after the forfeit. That didn't go well with me.

If you do get a rematch I hope you stomp them.

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You better, because this reasoning as to why you had to forfeit seems like bullshit on UGC's part. They can't make up a rule that doesn't exist and enforce it on the, "First instance", they see it. Hopefully you guys get to play.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor

Good luck if you get that rematch!

Reactions: staticvoid

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I have been ping masking since season 8 and it was never a problem.

I enventually cooperated because I wasn'tgoing to make my team forfeit because I was being stubborn.

When I removed the mask they didn't ready up. They started complaining about our server SV pure settings and then called the forfeit.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Before.....

e9400f5353.png

After.....

b43752b357.png

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I have been ping masking since season 8 and it was never a problem.

I enventually cooperated because I wasn'tgoing to make my team forfeit because I was being stubborn.

When I removed the mask they didn't ready up. They started complaining about our server SV pure settings and then called the forfeit.
Sounds like they were just looking for an excuse. Now, DMP did that once but that was mostly to get them off their server as our canadians weree having ping trouble. It's a dirty move but not uncommon. The ping one, however, sounds desperate and the further protest is pretty laughable.

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
They are not the brightest bunch of people, at least from my dealings with them

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
We "won" 4-0, but considering that the first half was 9v7 and the second was 9v8, I don't feel too good about it.

The hilarious part, to me, was that our Pyro was constantly insisting that our team would have missing people and we'd have to forfeit for hours before the match. We were all ready to go a half hour before start time and the enemy team couldn't muster the 7 required to start until a half hour AFTER when we were supposed to start.

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
So I'm the only US player in this thread that's undefeated, eh?

Completely unrelated to the fact that neither team my team faced had ever actually scrimmed before, I'm sure.