loganlj2

Epic Skial Regular
I'm sure most of you know of the Garry's mod mod called Trouble In Terrorist Town (TTT), if not:

What is Trouble in Terrorist Town?
Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT) is a gamemode included with Garry's Mod. The game is about a group of "terrorists" who have traitors among them, out to kill everyone who's not a traitor.

A small number of players is selected as Traitors, who have to kill all the Innocent players (ie. the rest of the players). Those innocents know they are in the majority, but they do not know who is Traitor and who is not.
The Traitors must use the element of surprise and their special equipment, if they are to succeed. The Innocent just have to survive, which means finding out who the Traitors are and killing them before they kill you. Of course everyone is holding a big gun, and everyone looks suspicious...
For the Innocent, knowledge is power: who is acting strangely? Who can be linked to evidence found on corpses? Who is still alive, even?

It's a very fun game and if you haven't tried it, I suggest doing so. And.. it's becoming increasingly popular as more people are starting to do commentaries of it (Seananners especially)

The reason why I believe we need a Skial server is because most of the servers out there have Abusive admins, these admins will use their powers to make the game easier for themselves... This, is highly annoying....

Another reason for making a Skial server for TTT is the fact that their truly aren't very many TTT servers out there, that leaves you with little choice to go into servers that you might not like.. :(

I understand that if there was to be a TTT server, that server would need moderation, Sgt Giraffe and I believe we could handle the job if it was to be presented to us.

In short.. TTT is fun and it would be amazing if Skial could have a server for it. :D

So what does everybody think? Yay, or nay?

Derpingson

Totally Ordinary Human
I would def. play on this server a lot although there are some things that are wrong in OP.

The reason why I believe we need a Skial server is because most of the servers out there have Abusive admins, these admins will use their powers to make the game easier for themselves... This, is highly annoying....

Another reason for making a Skial server for TTT is the fact that their truly aren't very many TTT servers out there, that leaves you with little choice to go into servers that you might not like.. :(

I understand that if there was to be a TTT server, that server would need moderation, Sgt Giraffe and I believe we could handle the job if it was to be presented to us.

In short.. TTT is fun and it would be amazing if Skial could have a server for it. :D

So what does everybody think? Yay, or nay?

- I find myself a decent server within minutes.
- There are actually loads of TTT servers out there, believe it hits somewhere in the hundreds. (Pretty much the most played gamemode of GMod)
- Based on past experience, I wouldn't really trust Sgt Giraffe.

But yeah, this would be really cool.

loganlj2

Epic Skial Regular
I would def. play on this server a lot although there are some things that are wrong in OP.

- I find myself a decent server within minutes.
- There are actually loads of TTT servers out there, believe it hits somewhere in the hundreds. (Pretty much the most played gamemode of GMod)
- Based on past experience, I wouldn't really trust Sgt Giraffe.

But yeah, this would be really cool.
I actually did realize this yesterday as I walked away from my computer for a second after I hit multiplayer, but after scrolling down, mostly all of them have a decent amount of players on.

loganlj2

Epic Skial Regular
Bump :D and whoever needed the textures, i can walk you through how to get them, just add me :)

[Interrogator]

Australian Skial God
Contributor
from what I've seen I would edit your first post and take out suggesting SgtGiraffe as a moderator of the server since tha tseems to be most peoples issue with this

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
The only reason creating non-TF2 servers is a bad idea is that they never fill, or are run into the ground.

Anyone remember the Killing Floor server? The L4D2 server? How about the CS:GO server? Exactly.

loganlj2

Epic Skial Regular
The only reason creating non-TF2 servers is a bad idea is that they never fill, or are run into the ground.

Anyone remember the Killing Floor server? The L4D2 server? How about the CS:GO server? Exactly.
You can't base it on failures of other games servers, all games are different and have different followings. Who knows.. A TTT server could turn out to be as successful as a TF2 server, but if we never tried it, we'd never know.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
You can't base it on failures of other games servers, all games are different and have different followings. Who knows.. A TTT server could turn out to be as successful as a TF2 server, but if we never tried it, we'd never know.
That's exactly what was said about the Killing Floor, L4D2, and CS:GO servers.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
And now we know, for those games atleast. Just because a couple games were a failure doesn't mean all of them would/will be.
I know, all I'm saying is that most have been, and it's been a recurring trend. All of those servers are gone, and the Minecraft server is pretty dead.

Derpingson

Totally Ordinary Human
As long as theirs 3 people playing, the game is amazing... And I know me and sgt Giraffe would play on it, and it sounds like smokey would as well, I'm very patient, i know i would wait for people to join.

(Just reading from the beginning of the thread this time)
Actually it's kinda hard playing with only 3 people, as most of it won't really be TTT but will branch into one of the two following things:
1. Everyone just sticks together until time ends/someone T-Baits/someone RDM's someone else.
2. Every man for himself. Everyone ends up camping a spot and killing whoever comes close on sight, or people explore the map trying to find people, still killing whoever comes close on sight.

> I'd actually like this to become a reality since I want to be more involved in Skial, but it seems like I'm not that into tf2/tf2 trading at all anymore. TTT would be a really great addition, and I would love to apply myself as admin. Recently started TTT few weeks ago, most of my playtime (other than GO cause Free Weekend) is on GMod, and can set up what I think is a really good foundation for TTT rules, since I've been server hopping a lot, getting to know which rules are stupid and which actually have a good reason for it's existance.

loganlj2

Epic Skial Regular
(Just reading from the beginning of the thread this time)
Actually it's kinda hard playing with only 3 people, as most of it won't really be TTT but will branch into one of the two following things:
1. Everyone just sticks together until time ends/someone T-Baits/someone RDM's someone else.
2. Every man for himself. Everyone ends up camping a spot and killing whoever comes close on sight, or people explore the map trying to find people, still killing whoever comes close on sight.

> I'd actually like this to become a reality since I want to be more involved in Skial, but it seems like I'm not that into tf2/tf2 trading at all anymore. TTT would be a really great addition, and I would love to apply myself as admin. Recently started TTT few weeks ago, most of my playtime (other than GO cause Free Weekend) is on GMod, and can set up what I think is a really good foundation for TTT rules, since I've been server hopping a lot, getting to know which rules are stupid and which actually have a good reason for it's existance.
I think most servers are too strict about RDM, and i would like to see a better system implemented if we were to have a TTT server

Reactions: Smokey

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think most servers are too strict about RDM, and i would like to see a better system implemented if we were to have a TTT server
yeah, for sure
far too many people get unfairly banned for "rdm" when kids just spam "rdm omfg ban him" after getting killed after being stupid

loganlj2

Epic Skial Regular
yeah, for sure
far too many people get unfairly banned for "rdm" when kids just spam "rdm omfg ban him" after getting killed after being stupid
And.. there's a system built into the game to deal with RDM, i dont get why admins feel the need to ban people for it...

Derpingson

Totally Ordinary Human

Some take it very, very seriously. I don't really think the servers I played in were very strict about it, it was usually based on a two warning system then a one hour temp ban. (One hour > 12 hours > 24 hours > etc)

yeah, for sure

This I have to agree with. If there's something I've noticed is that the influx of people whom call out RDM for no concrete reason is high.

And.. there's a system built into the game to deal with RDM, i dont get why admins feel the need to ban people for it...

Don't quote me on this cause I'm not certain, but pretty sure the only "system" there is is that the server auto-kicks you for low karma. (Karma is loss upon teamkilling) It's actually pretty damn hard to get a low enough karma in order to get auto-kicked.

Random Death Match, basicly killing teamates, or killing without proof.

Although that's true, it's also kinda wrong. It also includes killing others for stupid/non-realistic/illogical/etc reasons (ie; he was hiding in a corner. He was point a gun at me -- this usually happens very often, but it's usually just cause someone simply flashes their cursor over someone for a second to check their name.)

Also, I don't know how you guys want to go with it, but I'd personally classify t-baiting as RDM'ing. (T-baiting is basically like killing someone for a reason not related to the game. ie; unable to spell "innocent" backwards fast enough) Retarded detectives constantly do this.

loganlj2

Epic Skial Regular
Actually.. i think the spell Innocent backwards is a great way to find who's bad, though I've never done it, I've seen people who have, and it works swimingly.