Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
First off fuck sli and crossfire, most convoluted bullshit ever devised by graphic card makers, shit is so fucking finicky and stupid, why not have all the fucking boards support it, why do only certain boards allow sli or crossfire but never both, why can't I modify my board to accept it, why do I need special cables to feed it data to the other card, why is the UI of Nvidia control panel look like it was made in 2005 and then forgot about, why does and pro series cards not have the option of vsyncing a game easily, but instead have 17 different options to change the colors of a fucking polygon because it's not the right color, I hate sli and crossfire, just let me shove 15 cards in my computer and have it blowup, I don't give a shit, at least it would work better since something would have actually happened

• Haha
Reactions: Rornir

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I feel sorry for anyone that needs a graphics card now, the prices are getting absurd.
Yeah, I regret buying my second 960, I really should've done my research into sli and how much it sucks to even try to get working, I'm probably going to buy a titan first gen since it seems to be the only thing I can find that would work well with the bottlenecks my mac pro presents to all graphic cards

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
My old GPU died a little while ago, ended up buying a whole new "cheapish" gaming PC, only paid £650 for it, the card was probably getting on for half the value of the whole PC.
Stupid thing is, you try buying any gaming pc without stupid flashing lights on the fans, it's not possible. This annoys the hell out of me.. I don't want that shit. Just give me a black box and put higher spec inside

Reactions: JayDee

Zeo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
My old GPU died a little while ago, ended up buying a whole new "cheapish" gaming PC, only paid £650 for it, the card was probably getting on for half the value of the whole PC.
Stupid thing is, you try buying any gaming pc without stupid flashing lights on the fans, it's not possible. This annoys the hell out of me.. I don't want that shit. Just give me a black box and put higher spec inside
It's a problem but you can go for a big computer brand like Dell or HP. They still sell "gaming" PC's that are just black box's with hardware inside. They don't use the best components buy hey it's still a computer with a decent warranty.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It's a problem but you can go for a big computer brand like Dell or HP. They still sell "gaming" PC's that are just black box's with hardware inside. They don't use the best components buy hey it's still a computer with a decent warranty.
I bought a HP all in one for the office at new year, got to admit I am pretty impressed with its build. I bought a dell must have been around 2001, paid over a grand for it back then, just had it built to everything on max spec, lasted me around ten years, went through about 3 gpu upgrades in that time, but served me well.

Reactions: Trillium and Toxik

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I've been hearing alot of bad stuff about Windows 11... is it going to be ok?
Looks like it's just W10 with added features.
I only bought my PC a few months ago and PC health check says it's not compatible with W11.. so go figure..

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The taskbar is going to be stuck on bottom only, and the start button is going to be in the middle... I read "just like a mac" 😂
Macs can move the bar around, my 15 year old mac pro isn't compatible, go figure :P but there is tutorials on how to bypass the windows 11 install block

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Also decided to set my sights on the 1060 since that seems like a nice choice, unless a titan pops up for a really good price, which would be nice too

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
img_20210626_210248_optimized.jpg

Illegal laptop

• Haha
Reactions: bunnyf00d

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You have to jump through quite a bit of hurdles to make it run Windows 10 nicely, since the drivers for this laptop are only meant really for Windows 7

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Yay got the brightness slider working on it now too! Had to install ATI catalyst drivers for the graphics card but it works now