• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE
Status
Not open for further replies.

StalinJr

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
I'll just stay here and watch. Good thing I'm not a admin. It's a good thing that I have my own server to
(USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR BEING OFF TOPIC)

I'll keep myself off this now.
popcorn_soda.jpg

Want some?

StalinJr

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
As I'm ignoring Zebra over this. Gimme those. What movie are we going to watch?
Oh you know its a drama coming out about butthurt players an admins arguing over a game using forums as their medium. I've heard its quite good.

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Oh you know its a drama coming out about butthurt players an admins arguing over a game using forums as their medium. I've heard its quite good.
Bottiger has the last say on everything (I think)

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Well, I know that if taunting is against the rules, it's probably reserved for more extreme examples. A good case in point was when I went onto skial under my legit account (Bombz) to play some Dustbowl. I remember I shot a sticky up into the 3rd stage bunker near first point and killed you and taunted because I thought it was funny that a sticky I just randomly shot tagged you, it may of even been a crit. I was in no danger to the enemy team behind this bunker. What did you do? You came over voice to tell me if I taunted you again I'd be banned.

I seriously doubt bottiger intended for that to be such a hard and fast rule. He probably put it in there with the likes of reverse teleporters, dispenser blocking and other such forms of griefing. You twist the rule and bend it to your own will because you get angry whenever someone taunts you. Hell, even the TF2 bots taunt after killing you based on a chance cvar.
No, you did that while a heavy was shooting at you.

For the record, I'm axing my voice chat for a month or so.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
he disabled mute and gag on every admin. jd and i cannot either. We are all in the same boat so lets just deal with it ;)

Sparky

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
OK, so we ALL seriously have to come across as heavy-handed assholes and ban/kick people that we could otherwise mute/gag who would continue to play while muted/gagged?

That's going to do wonders for our image...
^words of truth

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
i think this needs to be locked. and the admins need to have a private discussion with bottiger. ranting isnt going to do a thing

Bombz

Mildly Menacing Medic
No, you did that while a heavy was shooting at you.

For the record, I'm axing my voice chat for a month or so.
I'm not trying to be hateful or anything, I'm just telling you how an outsider perceives it.

I know when I used to run our groups 1 little server, when we got random people joining (This was before F2P) We had admins, but they all wanted noclip, slap, etc.

Well what was happening was they were just randomly noclipping to places (Not sure you even do this..) Slapping people randomly, barking about what they could do to people, just kinda sitting around, generally useless. I know you probably aren't that extreme, but members who joined really didn't like that. I think the difference with skial is, you have a strong community, so you can probably afford that kind of stuff to some extent, but generally you want as many people joining and staying at the servers as possible. It helps the ranking, the server scores, etc. It's all a positive thing, you don't want to turn people away because they think you're someone who would rather just admin than play. I know it's a thankless job because I've administrated servers in the past, well before TF2 even. No one ever stops to say "Thanks for dealing with that cheater" ;). They don't thank you for that. But at the same time, you've gotta keep a low profile if you want people to continually come back. Just my two cents, take it for what you want.

SovereignSlayer

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
On a slightly related note, all of my commands are disabled.

I was away when this all went down, so not really sure what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.