loganlj2

Epic Skial Regular
Donate teddy bears for children of Newtown
By Fairfield Sun on December 15, 2012 in News · 0 Comments

Hersam Acorn and the Fairfield Sun is hoping to provide some comfort for the children of Newtown.

New Canaan Advertiser parenting columnist and staff writer Julie Butler was contacted as news of the Newtown school shootings spread by a friend who lives near Sacramento, Calif., area with an offer of help and comfort via “Operation Fuzzy Wuzzy II.”

Teddy bears will be donated to children of Newtown as the town deals with the massacre of 26 people, mostly children.

“My friend Deborah Johns, whom I have known since 2006, when our Marine Corps sons were both deployed in the same unit to Iraq, contacted me today [Friday, Dec. 14] to say she wanted to help the students who lost their friends, classmates and teachers in Newtown,” Butler said. “She wrote to me: ‘Adam [her late son] held Operation Fuzzy Wuzzy nine years ago when the school shooting took place in Bezlan, Russia. He collected teddy bears for the children of the school, so that they could have some comfort when they returned to school from that tragic shooting. I want to do the same for Newtown … can you help me coordinate it there?’ It was an absolute no-brainer to say ‘yes.’”

Johns’s son, Adam, died in March of 2011, and in his memory and with his friends from Granite Bay High School in Granite Bay, Calif., she is coordinating a teddy bear drive this weekend at all Beach Hut Deli’s in the Sacramento, Citrus Heights, Roseville, Rocklin, Auburn and Granite Bay, and Nevada. She will then send the bears East, so that Butler can get them — and ones that she collects as well —to Newtown for distribution to the young, grieving students in that town.

Bears can be dropped off at Hersam Acorn’s office, 1000 Bridgeport Ave., second floor, Shelton starting Monday, Dec. 17. Bears can also be shipped to:

Hersam Acorn
Operation Fuzzy Wuzzy II
1000 Bridgeport Ave.
Shelton, CT 06484

Information can be obtained from Butler at jbutler@ncadvertiser.com.

Bears can be donated until Friday, Dec. 28.

More sites will be posted as they are established.

“I realize that Operation Fuzzy Wuzzy — giving a child a teddy bear — may only be a small act of comfort for these traumatized children, but I think any and all acts of kindness can only help these poor kids as they move forward,” Butler said. “As a parent, this shooting is gut-wrenching when you think about the parents of those 20 children whose lives were cut so suddenly, viciously and horrifyingly short. And it feels just as awful to imagine what will go on inside the hearts and minds of the students who will have to walk through the doors of their school again. Having a stuffed animal waiting there — a ‘fuzzy wuzzy’ — just seems like a good idea. I am so grateful for Deborah for this.”

loganlj2

Epic Skial Regular
might get in trouble for this but I believe I speak for anyone who's not them when I say WHY CAN'T SOMEONE MASSACRE THESE FUCKS? THEY'RE THE ONLY ONES WHO ACTUALLY DESERVE IT!
How would that make that person any better than them?

But I agree, they're sick fucks.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I have to say, I've always loved guns, and I was pretty happy that after moving here to Washington and getting the green card, you can pretty much buy ANY rifle/shotgun at any store, as long as you just show them you're 21+.
Then I noticed that it's ridiculous, even though there are regulations, pretty much anyone can own a rifle. The only thing you have to go through paperwork is if you want to carry a hidden pistol with you, the concealed weapons license, you need a background check and whatnot. Even though crime isn't high in this state, it's still pretty ridiculous how easy it is to get a lethal firearm.

That's awesome. So when someone tries to shoot me at the movies I can shoot back :)

Doctor Who

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That's awesome. So when someone tries to shoot me at the movies I can shoot back :)
If many people in the hypothetical theater had guns and were trying to figure out who was the actual shooter, chances are they'd shoot someone like you who was also trying to identify the shooter because you're holding up a gun.

Sir Gooch P Tigglington

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
If many people in the hypothetical theater had guns and were trying to figure out who was the actual shooter, chances are they'd shoot someone like you who was also trying to identify the shooter because you're holding up a gun.

This would be true, except that all the training and classes you have to take to be allowed to have a CCW (at least in the parts of California where they issue) teach you not to shoot or even pull your gun unless someone is targeting you. They even discourage shooting someone that is committing a crime against someone else, I presume for the exact example that you give.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Hear me out.

Apparently all of this hit has been happening recently. A reason why is maybe those people think the world will end 12/21/12 and think "fuck it" and do shit they feel like. Or there just crazy horrible people, just an idea.

Toxik

Contributor
Hear me out.

Apparently all of this hit has been happening recently. A reason why is maybe those people think the world will end 12/21/12 and think "fuck it" and do shit they feel like. Or there just crazy horrible people, just an idea.
That's actually very scary in the States. Typical Americans are both fucking retarded enough to believe in the end of the world based on stupid shit hyped fake evidence and even more retarded to get this kind of "fuck the police time to fuck shit up" mentality.

Raccoon99

Epic Skial Regular
Hear me out.

Uh, Seth. I said the Same thing back at page 2.
Maybe that guy thought "It's going to be the end of the world in a few weeks" And Then He Shot those little kids. And the Survivors will be scarred. What the fuck is this world coming to?

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
That's actually very scary in the States. Typical Americans are both fucking retarded enough to believe in the end of the world based on stupid shit hyped fake evidence and even more retarded to get this kind of "fuck the police time to fuck shit up" mentality.

FYI retards world wide believe in the 2012 Mayan thing... it's not exclusive to America.