• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bottiger

Administrator
I cannot speak directly on the issue, as I was not there, but I can speak thoroughly on the half life engine net code and its effects, and the habits of players that cheat. I also have no vested interest in this as I do not know any of the admins / players in this thread, but I do regularly play on your trade servers / occasionally on your normal servers / from time to time lurk your forums etc.

(Qualifier: From 2004 Until 2008 I worked in the gaming (specifically eSports) -- see GotFrag, Championship Gaming Series as the most notable companies (I have been passively involved in the years after my work))

* If it ends out that you stopped moving before you reconnected to the server, the server will teleport you backwards. It will never speed you up. [FALSE -- you're stuck thinking about the CLIENT side, not the SERVER side]

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Multiplayer_Networking

A delay between player input and corresponding visual feedback creates a strange, unnatural feeling and makes it hard to move or aim precisely. Client-side input prediction (cl_predict 1) is a way to remove this delay and let the player's actions feel more instant. Instead of waiting for the server to update your own position, the local client just predicts the results of its own user commands. Therefore, the client runs exactly the same code and rules the server will use to process the user commands. After the prediction is finished, the local player will move instantly to the new location while the server still sees him at the old place.
After 150 milliseconds, the client will receive the server snapshot that contains the changes based on the user command he predicted earlier. Then the client compares the server position with his predicted position. If they are different, a prediction error has occurred. This indicates that the client didn't have the correct information about other entities and the environment when it processed the user command. Then the client has to correct its own position, since the server has final authority over client-side prediction.

You will never be able to run faster than the same class due to lag. The server has information about the maximum soldier velocity.

You may warp, but the warping will never be faster than someone with the same class and vector.

I don't know why working for electronic sports reporting makes you an expert at netcode, but I don't think you know how linear interpolation works.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You seem to have a very odd obsession with dicks, and also what proof someones word on a subject that could easily be lies? yup that cold hard proof for sure.
what's wrong with having an obsession with dicks?
/timetogobackontopic

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Not to butt in to anyone else's clam bake here, but I would like to know what the mods thoughts are.
Bottiger has authority over all the moderators and admins so his word is the final word. I think we've already made our thoughts clear in the thread.

Filthy Sneak

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Thank you Probex, but I was addressing Bottiger. He and few others seem to be able to hold reasonable conversation.

Bottiger

Administrator
Let's say you are lagging and soldiers move at 1 block per second for 5 seconds. There is a soldier moving in the same vector as you are.

The server thinks you stopped moving, but on your client you are still moving at full speed for 5 seconds.

Fine. Everyone thinks you stopped, and then at the end of the 5 seconds, you teleport 5 blocks. Sure you have teleported. But you will never...ever... move faster than 5 blocks in this time period due to lag compensation.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com...ocol_Design_and_Optimization#Lag_Compensation

From that update (and the one following it based on the exact target time being used), for each player in the update, move the other players backwards in time to exactly where they were when the current player's user command was created. This moving backwards must account for both connection latency and the interpolation amount8 the client was using that frame.

Lag compensation moves you backwards in time. It will never move you forwards in time.

Filthy Sneak

Let's say you are lagging and soldiers move at 1 block per second for 5 seconds. There is a soldier moving in the same vector as you are.

The server thinks you stopped moving, but you are still moving at full speed for 5 seconds.

Fine. Everyone thinks you stopped, and then at the end of the 5 seconds, you teleport 5 blocks. Sure you have teleported. But you will never...ever... move faster than 5 blocks in this time period due to lag compensation.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com...ocol_Design_and_Optimization#Lag_Compensation

Lag compensation moves you backwards in time. It will never move you forwards in time.

Nobody will win this pissing competition about latency. Will I be able to return to Skial servers and play?

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Nobody will win this pissing competition about latency. Will I be able to return to Skial servers and play?
er, you do realize that what they're fighting about is whether or not you were hacking right? One side argues that it could be latency the other side says it's impossible.

Bottiger

Administrator

I already told you the requirements.

I am not in a hurry to have someone coming back on our servers acting the same way as in your Reddit thread.

edcellwarrior

Unremarkable User
er, you do realize that what they're fighting about is whether or not you were hacking right? One side argues that it could be latency the other side says it's impossible.
Even if has was a hacker, he could have already made an alt steam account an been back on steam by now. If he was hacking, what could he possibly gain by arguing for this long online?

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Even if has was a hacker, he could have already made an alt steam account an been back on steam by now. If he was hacking, what could he possibly gain by arguing for this long online?
We ban by IP. Alt accounts don't mean anything...

wait, you have no idea what you're talking about do you?

Reactions: Rvsz

Filthy Sneak

I already told you the requirements.

I am not in a hurry to have someone coming back on our servers acting the same way as in your Reddit thread.

Please tell me what you want me to tell reddit. I genuinely don't know what would be acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.