• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Sneak

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Hello-

I'm relatively new to the TF2 community. I've been having some trouble with my wireless connection and was recently accused and banned for speedhacking. I wasn't running any third party software to enhance my gameplay. I believe it is common for some wireless signals to be problematic with online gaming.

I really loved playing on Skial servers and have missed playing on them already.

Please unban me
Player: Filthy Sneak

Thank you

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Hello-

I'm relatively new to the TF2 community. I've been having some trouble with my wireless connection and was recently accused and banned for speedhacking. I wasn't running any third party software to enhance my gameplay. I believe it is common for some wireless signals to be problematic with online gaming.

I really loved playing on Skial servers and have missed playing on them already.

Please unban me
Player: Filthy Sneak

Thank you

wireless signals have nothing to do with your speed in game.

You will never even be considered to be unbanned if you do not tell us the truth. Or at least think of a lie that actually makes sense

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Um... A wireless connection with issues won't be mistaken for a persistent speed hack.

Risen did the ban. Let's see what he has to say.

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Really bad lag can sometimes look like weird speedhax? :/ Benefit of the doubt.

Ozone

Server-Clearing Cynic
This, but let's see what Risen says and if he had speedhacks wouldn't SMAC or VAC or Willy Wonka ban him?

Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Risen also banned Ryusaki and his alt for speedhax.

So I think Risen would know the difference between bad lag and a speedhack.

And his name is "filthy sneak" so that doesnt help you too much there pal.

Ozone

Server-Clearing Cynic
Risen also banned Ryusaki and his alt for speedhax.

So I think Risen would know the difference between bad lag and a speedhack.

Wasn't talking about risen.

pr1mus da scr1pt

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
high latency can make you teleport all over the place, which could raise a red flag and a concerning eyebrow. i wouldn't say that the possibility of this guy wasn't hacking isn't 100% out of the question, but it's your call.

also his KDR was 6/40 when he got reported, i'm pretty sure this hints more at a crappy connection, rather than him hacking.

what does that have to do with anything? he's obviously not playing on a throw-away account, this really isn't the "oh this guy is obviously a hacker"-case some you might figure it out be.

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
If I remember correctly, you were a spy disguised as a soldier most of the time. You were moving "normal" speed when disguised as a soldier and then move faster once you tried to backstab someone. I compared your disguised speed wth another soldier that was running, you were faster than he was.

Edit: About the Ryusaki ban, he made it extremely obvious that he was speedhacking using a non-GRU Heavy.

Filthy Sneak

Best I can do is point out that yes, I sucked it up that round. *Hang head in shame*

I also used a few 'Launch Options' under the steam properties. I read somewhere that this was a good was to reduce stutter on outdated hardware (playing on my old lappy). I have since disabled those, if they were 'speedhacks', I apologize, I was ignorant.

To KillerZebra:

I'm sure you get a lot of idiots trying to screw with your setup here. As honest as I can be, I was playing the game and everything looked normal from my angle. People started screaming about speedhacking and I began chatting with them. I was then banned. That's the whole truth, officer. *Holds out hands to be cuffed*

Hope we can get this cleared up. I enjoyed playing on skial servers and would like to be able to again.

pr1mus da scr1pt

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Hope we can get this cleared up. I enjoyed playing on skial servers and would like to be able to again.

unless there's a demo of this guy that catches him red handed, i don't see why the ban has to remain in place. this case seems plausible and it's only assumed that he was hacking, no evidence beyond the recollection RisenDemon had of this guy, which could be wrong because he said "If I remember correctly", indicating he isn't 100% certain.

i don't call any shots, but this could just be a silly case where one out of the six people he killed felt really bullshitted by the latency, which happens often.

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
When I said "If I remember correctly" I meant that it was either him or another person who was, no doubt, speedhacking. However, now that he has reminded me that he was indeed a spy on Mountain Lab, I'm certain that he was speedhacking.

Filthy Sneak

RisenDemon,

If there was someway to prove that I am just a mediocre player with a less-than mediocre connection. I've fixed the connection, and now I'm really looking forward to getting back to giving less than stellar performances in the Skial servers.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
unless there's a demo of this guy that catches him red handed, i don't see why the ban has to remain in place.
Admins can record demos if they feel like, but it isn't necessary. Bottiger chose the current team because he trusts their judgement, I advise you to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.