Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
Because the only things that get picked on the Custom Maps server are Wacky Races and other detritus.
This server would feature a rotation of popular community maps such as:

cp_stoneyridge
Stoneyridge1.jpg

pl_swiftwater
Pl_swiftwater_frc40002.jpg

cp_croissant
Cp_croissant_redbase.png

And other prominent creations. No cp_orange abominations or concepts clothed in dev textures.
We can construct a proper rotation and discuss which maps to include if this gets any interest.

The purpose of this server would not to cater to quickplay users looking to sink a few hours into never-ending 2fort+, but to provide a stable, no BS*, properly moderated server for people to enjoy the change of pace that community maps can offer.

We'd have to do a bit of advertising on a few other TF2 communities to gain and maintain a moderate player count, but I think if done properly this server would be filled consistently enough to make opening additional Community Maps servers in other locations viable. I've only been able to find these maps on private, ridiculous*, or high-latency servers. Here's the wiki's list of the highlights.

Think of it as our first actual attempt at PR and/or community outreach.
I feel like we can prove we're not just a large collection of Valve-like servers by at least trying to offer something to the non-casual audience. When a new player asks which servers to avoid, we're usually not on the list, but we aren't on the list of good ones, either. I think this is largely due to the fact that you're just not going to get the kind of friendly, skilled, consistent set of regulars for a server that makes TF2 truly enjoyable if that server is on quickplay.

Or maybe I'm just farting out my mouth and this will get us nowhere, but hey, it's better than Terdy's shit.

*see: Quake Sounds, Roll the Dice, VIP, bullshit, ect.

sov

Legendary Skial King
I see Niichts playing on the bottom two so I would love for these maps to be on Skial Servers... I saw a few videos this past week of the bottom two maps by Niitchs (star) and I really like them and want Skial servers to have them

Take a server that is always empty (or many of the times it's empty) and use it for the community maps

+1, also just take a look at the poll

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
R.I.P UGC Server... you were good while you lasted.

show_graph.php

Let us never forget the great timebomb massacre of 2013.

Sexy Heisenberg

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I didn't even know Skial had a Community Maps server, I didn't see it on the server list. It's not an EU one is it? Or is there a US and EU one?