Status
Not open for further replies.

Catswithtophats

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Unmoderated has become a terrible place. It was fun while it lasted, but it has just become too much.

There's nothing but trolling, pointless posts, people fighting amongst one another and grotesque shock images. So, it essentially has become 4chan- a breeding place for trolls that infect other places in the forums. At first it was funny, but it's gotten to the point where its gone overboard and overflowed other places. At this point, it's cancerous. All of Skial needs some sort of moderation to keep unfavorable professional trolls out, ie. Mario.

I'm not saying to get rid of NSFW, since I do think that there needs to be some place where images that aren't safe for work can be posted. But I do think that unmoderated should be shut down to reduce the amount of unfavorable users that are appearing because of it, as well as reduce the internal fighting among the regulars.

Edit: I should make it clear, I have no issue what goes on in umoderated; it's a place where drama can happen, trolling is fine, etc. My issue is that it's now becoming a problem in other places in Skial. The drama, trolling, etc. isn't being kept in umoderated and I know a lot of users who are becoming more vocal regarding their issues with it.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1

But i will be amazed if this was ever to happen. If there was no drama, bashing, racist comments, useless comments about "thorned dildos", and to bash noobs at the first mistake they do, then it loses it's Skial name.
There's still room in NSFW for giant thorned dildos, don't you worry.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Oh another note, it does tend to bring out the worse in people. As much as people think the worst of me here, if they knew me outside of these forums, they would see i am not typically this person i portray here. Often people are one way elsewhere, but in unmod they say what they want to say with no barriers, just to keep up to what they last person said. I admit i am guilty of this. And we are after all gamers, and we all are competitive, and we like to be the best and have the final "win". Just an observation.

Reactions: Blade the Hero

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
But they aren't. That's the problem.

The mods cant see everything every given time of day. There is a report button. When we see a report, we either talk about it and come to a decision or if its really obvious we take care of it ourselves.

But at the same time we also are not going to delete every single little thing someone might be offended to.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The mods cant see everything every given time of day. There is a report button. When we see a report, we either talk about it and come to a decision or if its really obvious we take care of it ourselves.

But at the same time we also are not going to delete every single little thing someone might be offended to.
So you want me to report every little bit of passive aggressiveness going on outside of unmod? Cool.

Catswithtophats

I understand that there cannot be a mod on 24/7, I get it. But this goes beyond if people are offended or not. There's drama that's seeping out into other parts of the forum, personal messages and even people rating each other poorly because of baby drama that goes on in unmod. As Johnny says, and I even can't believe I'm agreeing with him, unmod brings out the worst in people and that's effecting other parts of skial. People get a reputation from unmod and that goes everywhere. There's some mods here that I have no respect for because of unmod and there's some people here that I cannot stand, because of unmod. You can say ignore it, but it's still a part of Skial. It's gone past "ignore unmod", something serious needs to be done about it.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I understand that there cannot be a mod on 24/7, I get it. But this goes beyond if people are offended or not. There's drama that's seeping out into other parts of the forum, personal messages and even people rating each other poorly because of baby drama that goes on in unmod. As Johnny says, and I even can't believe I'm agreeing with him, unmod brings out the worst in people and that's effecting other parts of skial. People get a reputation from unmod and that goes everywhere. It's gone past "ignore unmod", something serious needs to be done about it.

Unmod isn't the problem. Before we had unmod people would post everything everywhere. It wasn't just bits and pieces. Full blown arguments about how terrible someone is were being posted in threads like "Whats your favorite car".

Doesn't matter how you look at it. It is there internet and people are going to troll and start arguments. I rather have most of it confined in one section i never even bother going into.

As for the people ranting about drama in unmod. I will say it again. just don't go into unmod

Catswithtophats

Yeah, the good thing about those drama fests happening in a general thread is, you can ban both of those two people and/or warn them and they'll stop. It will go away. Drama does happen off of regular threads, but it tends to be less frequent and easily manageable. With unmoderated, it festers, it becomes a meme or whatever and it perpetuates until it overflows. If someone says something stupid on unmod, it DOES follow them around and (for example Dave) will get dumb ratings because people are "upset" with them.

Ignoring that there's an issue and saying "just send it over there so I don't need to see it" is really lazy.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Unmod isn't the problem. Before we had unmod people would post everything everywhere. It wasn't just bits and pieces. Full blown arguments about how terrible someone is were being posted in threads like "Whats your favorite car".

Doesn't matter how you look at it. It is there internet and people are going to troll and start arguments. I rather have most of it confined in one section i never even bother going into.

As for the people ranting about drama in unmod. I will say it again. just don't go into unmod

Now perhaps, just perhaps...

1. Arguement in Unmod
2. Unmod arguement festers into forums
3. Ban hammer drops from Zeebs
4. Zeebs is happy

Without this there is no fun for Zeebs

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Yeah, the good thing about those drama fests happening in a general thread is, you can ban both of those two people and/or warn them and they'll stop. It will go away. Drama does happen off of regular threads, but it tends to be less frequent and easily manageable. With unmoderated, it festers, it becomes a meme or whatever and it perpetuates until it overflows. If someone says something stupid on unmod, it DOES follow them around and (for example Dave) will get dumb ratings because people are "upset" with them.

Ignoring that there's an issue and saying "just send it over there so I don't need to see it" is really lazy.

I never said there wasn't an issue. I said i never go in there so i really don't care. i never been into unmod except the first week or two it opened. I don't care what goes on in there. I dont care what people say.

The drama never went away in the past, even with the bans. That is why bottiger made unmoderated to begin with. You were not here to see what it was like beforehand.

You cannot stop internet drama. there is no way. none. it is impossible. With the way we have it setup, i would rather have arguments in one section then all over the forums.

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King

U cant really fix it any other way

Toxik

Contributor
Unmod is like the /b/ of Skial, if you remove it, people will just get mad and revolt. Not a good idea?

Catswithtophats

I never said there wasn't an issue. I said i never go in there so i really don't care. i never been into unmod except the first week or two it opened. I don't care what goes on in there. I dont care what people say.

The drama never went away in the past, even with the bans. That is why bottiger made unmoderated to begin with. You were not here to see what it was like beforehand.

You cannot stop internet drama. there is no way. none. it is impossible. With the way we have it setup, i would rather have arguments in one section then all over the forums.

That's the issue though. You DO need to care. As a mod you should care what's going on and what's coming out of Unmoderated, it effects how the system works around here. The arguments are spilling out of unmoderated. The trolling is spilling out of unmoderated. I know you can't fully stop everything, but there IS something you can do. You don't need to delete unmoderated, you just need to be more strict with the crap that comes out of it. Confine it to just unmod. I know that wont stop all the drama, but trying really hard to keep the drama there would help clean it up.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
People are gonna be shit-stirring morons either way. What it comes down to is whether or not they're gonna get smacked for misbehaving.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
If i see any trolling or anything outside of unmod i delete it. and depending on what was said i will warn. I always have and always will.

What goes on in unmod i could not care about at all. I never will.

Reactions: Giildy

Catswithtophats

I think, even a someone who trolls once in a while, that there should be something more serious than deleting the comment. I've had someone ask if I've been gang raped because I disagreed with them and the worst thing that happened to them was a deleted comment. It's lax instances like I experienced that allows the trolling from unmoderated to be free out in the general forum area.

You don't need to care about what happens in unmoderated if you don't want, but you do need to care when it does come out and it does happen in other places. The more of a uncaring attitude you have with unmod, the worse it's going to get because it's getting neglected. Stronger moderation against stuff that happens would cut down on the outside trolling.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If i see any trolling or anything outside of unmod i delete it. and depending on what was said i will warn. I always have and always will.

What goes on in unmod i could not care about at all. I never will.
So if you don't care unmod, surely you wouldn't be against it's removal? I mean, after all, you'd have to care about it to want it to stick around.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
So if you don't care unmod, surely you wouldn't be against it's removal? I mean, after all, you'd have to care about it to want it to stick around.

i said i don't care about what goes on in unmod. I wouldn't be posting "unmod shouldnt be deleted" if i wanted it deleted. If you had read anything, i said unmod is necessary to have to keep the majority of the trolling in one spot instead of all over the forums.

I think, even a someone who trolls once in a while, that there should be something more serious than deleting the comment. I've had someone ask if I've been gang raped because I disagreed with them and the worst thing that happened to them was a deleted comment. It's lax instances like I experienced that allows the trolling from unmoderated to be free out in the general forum area.

I just said depending on what is said i give a warning. Do i need to explain it differently?

Depending on what the person said, and how many times they have been known to derail a thread (aka troll) than i will give a warning and delete the post. Do you understand that?

You don't need to care about what happens in unmoderated if you don't want, but you do need to care when it does come out and it does happen in other places. The more of a uncaring attitude you have with unmod, the worse it's going to get because it's getting neglected. Stronger moderation against stuff that happens would cut down on the outside trolling.

Again, i just said i only don't care about what happens in unmod. I also said above if i see people trolling outside of unmod i will delete and possible warn.

I am really not understanding what you are trying to bring up. i am just repeating myself now.

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
How about an option to hide unmod or certain sub-sections?
Other than that her argument is pretty solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.