hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
I see a lot of admins complaining about people around the Skial forums not having a mature attitude towards newer users and such. So, if it is expected of all forum users to be mature, I suggest removing the dumb rating. There is no situation whatsoever that the dumb rating can be used maturely and it often incites other users in which it spirals into a flame war.

Of course it won't resolve maturity problems, but at least it will remove a small peice of the problem pie.

(Let's also see who won't be mature enough to resist rating this dumb. :) )

Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
We should remove the old rating before dumb, there's a lot more retards who rate something as dumb just because it's a youtube video that's been out for 3 hours or some stupid shit like that

YES ABSOLUTELY THIS HOLY CRUD YES PL,EASE +1 TO DAT

Also, list of people whom the peoples want rating privileges removed for:

JohnnyGaloshes
Mittens
DanHack

EDIT: Not saying I agree with any of the people on the list... Ok fine Johnny yes but the others I've never really noticed.

sov

Legendary Skial King
Provide me a scenario when calling someone dumb is not immature.
Some people just postsome stupid shit that doesn't even make sense and is not funny. That's when you rate is dumb. Take THIS for example....

If we start letting man-children become admin, the next thing we'll know everyone on the server is going to have god-mode and do nothing but talk about the latest episodes of Ellen DeGeneres and what horses from a children's cartoon we'd like to court in a sexual manner.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
YES ABSOLUTELY THIS HOLY CRUD YES PL,EASE +1 TO DAT

Also, list of people whom the peoples want rating privileges removed for:

JohnnyGaloshes
Mittens
DanHack

EDIT: Not saying I agree with any of the people on the list... Ok fine Johnny yes but the others I've never really noticed.

Don't be butthurt if you get a dumb rating kid.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
But then rage rating kids like "Metal Gear Crybaby" wouldn't have anything to do when they get upset when they get a Dumb rating from someone. Like the 35 he gave me yesterday in a row because i gave him one.

mlfw2515-butthurt.png

is_somepony_butthurt__by_dylandylan72-d4mh94z.png

And now i get 60 more rage rates from the kid. My god, i can feel his ego hurt from all the way over here. It's ok kid, be calm now. *HUGZ*

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
this thread has no substance so it somewhat makes sense that a guy with no substance kills something that's considered null should be a match made in heaven

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I see your point. But if it's just a little icon why do people get their rating privileges removed for over-using it?
Not everyone has the same view point, I was just making my case for my way of seeing it. people complain "wahhh he rated 4 of my posts dumb" "wahhh he called me a troll" "wahhh im powerless to a tiny icon, please help me mods" plus, I suppose people just blanket rate.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
We shouldn't remove people's abilities to give others dumb ratings, we should only remove people's abilties from recieving dumb ratings. In fact, all negative ratings removed for me would just be more than fitting. Let's face it, you all love me and the only reason you'd give me negative ratings is because you're jealous of my perfection.

Reactions: Widdle Rue
As of my recent active time spent on the forum, I have come to the conclusion that removing dumb-rating is not needed to boost the maturity on the forum.

Yes, it is true that some immature users may use it inappropriate. But there will always be a minor group of rotten eggs in every community and we should not tamper tools to justify their actions.

I believe, and from personal experience, that most users on this website understands when to use this rating appropriate. As an example, those dumb-ratings I have been received are all justified and given on appropriate terms. Given to me by users that uses the rating as it was meant to be used.

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
snip for length
On the other hand, of all the negative ratings I've received, only one, perhaps two of them could be seen as "justified". And by that, I mean that the person in question rated the post dumb, and could've explained why they felt the need to do so, but used the rating as shorthand instead. The rest have been given out by the same group of people who it would seem are, in fact, the dumb ones in question. However, there's really nothing you could do to remedy that sort of thing.

sound logic + well thought point
Dis. The intention is there, but like I said above, it's far more often that the rating is just use by people in fights, or by people who are dumb themselves. But there's not much to be done about that. Although, while it's just a rating, it's kinda disheartening to be negatively rated without reason. If your post, which is intelligent, I must say, was being 'dumb' spammed, while it's only a rating, wouldn't the thought "Wow, what if I had actually said something stupid?" cross your mind?

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
On the other hand, of all the negative ratings I've received, only one, perhaps two of them could be seen as "justified". And by that, I mean that the person in question rated the post dumb, and could've explained why they felt the need to do so, but used the rating as shorthand instead. The rest have been given out by the same group of people who it would seem are, in fact, the dumb ones in question. However, there's really nothing you could do to remedy that sort of thing.

Dis. The intention is there, but like I said above, it's far more often that the rating is just use by people in fights, or by people who are dumb themselves. But there's not much to be done about that. Although, while it's just a rating, it's kinda disheartening to be negatively rated without reason. If your post, which is intelligent, I must say, was being 'dumb' spammed, while it's only a rating, wouldn't the thought "Wow, what if I had actually said something stupid?" cross your mind?
I suppose it's to do with the difference between many people rating one post dumb, opposed to one person rating many posts dumb. The first would make me think I posted something people found inane, the latter would get me thinking the person rating is stupid