hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
I see a lot of admins complaining about people around the Skial forums not having a mature attitude towards newer users and such. So, if it is expected of all forum users to be mature, I suggest removing the dumb rating. There is no situation whatsoever that the dumb rating can be used maturely and it often incites other users in which it spirals into a flame war.

Of course it won't resolve maturity problems, but at least it will remove a small peice of the problem pie.

(Let's also see who won't be mature enough to resist rating this dumb. :) )

Vidanjor

Gore-Spattered Heavy
i don't think half of these people in here care about ratings that much. i mean you can always rate me dumb anytime <3

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Lol, I could care less. I just don't want to hear it from the mods about being mature when they allow the dumb rating to exist.

Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Lol, I could care less. I just don't want to hear it from the mods about being mature when they allow the dumb rating to exist.
The problem is that your opinion is that any usage of the dumb rating implies immaturity. Used correctly, there's nothing wrong with the ratings, in my opinion.

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Provide me a scenario when calling someone dumb is not immature.
"Using the "N" word is not something I should be banned for"
"We were having a heavy party, that's not griefing"
"I'm Genocide"
"I didn't get admin because someone told me I have anger issues? FUCK YOU ALL I'M GONE"

Reactions: sov

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Still not a mature response. A proper one in my eyes, yet not mature.
If someone is doing or saying something not using logic or intelligence I'm going to call them dumb. And if me telling someone they are being or are dumb for saying/doing stupid shit makes me immature then I'll take it, I'm not going to be eloquent about it. "Sir, you're showing that you are lacking the right amount of intelligence." Honestly that makes someone seem more like a pretentious asshole while being immature.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
OP is just butthurt that he got the Negatice Nancy trophy

he probably raged when he got this TF2 achievement:
64px-Tf_sniper_consolation_prize.png

Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Provide me a scenario when calling someone dumb is not immature.

So basically anyone who ever thinks anyone is dumb is immature? Because, correct me if I'm wrong, but rating are supposed to represent how we feel about the posts content. Do I agree that when someone is spamming dumbs/trolls just cause they can its immature, but when someone is purely dumb I don't see what the problem is.