hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
I see a lot of admins complaining about people around the Skial forums not having a mature attitude towards newer users and such. So, if it is expected of all forum users to be mature, I suggest removing the dumb rating. There is no situation whatsoever that the dumb rating can be used maturely and it often incites other users in which it spirals into a flame war.

Of course it won't resolve maturity problems, but at least it will remove a small peice of the problem pie.

(Let's also see who won't be mature enough to resist rating this dumb. :) )

Devin64156

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Well I will admit it I think I'm being dumb half of the time when I have a lot on my mind and post some thing stupid. So when the other player's rate it dumb then that means I need to think a little more about what I'm going to say or do in the next post.

-1 for me I think the dumb rating will help (some) people.

Toxik

Contributor
We should remove the old rating before dumb, there's a lot more retards who rate something as dumb just because it's a youtube video that's been out for 3 hours or some stupid shit like that

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
tumblr_mll6qwNP4j1s3v0a1o1_500.png

Toxik

Contributor
The most useful petition to make would be to remove Johnny's "dumb" rating privileges

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So far 2 pages on whether the 'dumb' rating is just a troll tool or actually expresses how people are considering the post.
I cant see how having it or not affects people lives to this extent, but hey whatever I'll make my case.
If you think something is dumb, it's ideal for saying just that without typing a long winded explanation as to why. If everyone gave their reasons as to why they thought something was dumb there would be a whole lot more arguing and bitching created in 'retaliation', the forums would get more shit posting and would need cleaning up all the time. It would also get peoples anger levels higher and cause more unneeded drama.
If people could debate in a more constructive manner without having to resort to insults and jibes, then it could go. but until that point it actually stops wannabe trolls flooding the forums with crap.
And hey, its just a little tiny icon.. wgaf?

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So far 2 pages on whether the 'dumb' rating is just a troll tool or actually expresses how people are considering the post.
I cant see how having it or not affects people lives to this extent, but hey whatever I'll make my case.
If you think something is dumb, it's ideal for saying just that without typing a long winded explanation as to why. If everyone gave their reasons as to why they thought something was dumb there would be a whole lot more arguing and bitching created in 'retaliation', the forums would get more shit posting and would need cleaning up all the time. It would also get peoples anger levels higher and cause more unneeded drama.
If people could debate in a more constructive manner without having to resort to insults and jibes, then it could go. but until that point it actually stops wannabe trolls flooding the forums with crap.
And hey, its just a little tiny icon.. wgaf?

I see your point. But if it's just a little icon why do people get their rating privileges removed for over-using it?

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
But then rage rating kids like "Metal Gear Crybaby" wouldn't have anything to do when they get upset when they get a Dumb rating from someone. Like the 35 he gave me yesterday in a row because i gave him one.

mlfw2515-butthurt.png

Reactions: Santa Bunny