Mordy

Uncharitable Spy
I see this all the time, where people are holding a conversation with someone on the other team, only to have it interrupted because either one of them are dead and the other person is alive. People will often say something immediately after they die, only to have who it was directed at not be able to see it.

People not aware of this will get angry at you and accuse you of ignoring them, when simply, you just didn't see the message because it was blocked. It does more harm than good.

EDIT: This concerns all the Badwater servers.

Reactions: sov

cause

Scarcely Lethal Noob
UPDATE:

I see you have taken measures to install the plugin (as I am seeing dead chat in your US Harvest server now). It works well, the only problem I can see is it copies and pastes your message to yourself in your own chatbox like 10 times if you are dead and sending a message. Everyone else sees the message once, however you see it multiple times. Don't know if you need to tweak the variables for them. This did not happen when I was running the plugin. It may have complications tied to Steampipe since then or it may be conflicting with plugins you already have installed. I am unsure. If you tweak it and it continues, you should probably remove the plugin as that is an annoyance. It gets the job done, but your own chat is spammed a bit if you type one message when you're dead.

That is, if you did use this plugin.

Mordy

Uncharitable Spy
Huh, guess nobody was talking when dead then. Played for an hour actively looking for enemy team dead chat, and didn't see anything. Unless it wasn't displaying the word "Dead" in chat to distinguish their status. Gonna go see.

Ok now I'm seeing it. Thanks Bottiger!