Mordy

Uncharitable Spy
I see this all the time, where people are holding a conversation with someone on the other team, only to have it interrupted because either one of them are dead and the other person is alive. People will often say something immediately after they die, only to have who it was directed at not be able to see it.

People not aware of this will get angry at you and accuse you of ignoring them, when simply, you just didn't see the message because it was blocked. It does more harm than good.

EDIT: This concerns all the Badwater servers.

Reactions: sov

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
+1

I didn't realize live persons on the enemy team couldn't see me calling them bitch/cunt/etc after they killed me until just now...

Reactions: Morbuzka

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
+1, not really any real downside to it, maybe use it to call out Spies to your team, that's about it, but spectators can do that too.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I've never noticed this tbh. is it because you go to spec on your team when you die?

ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Are you talking about any server in particular or just all of them? I haven't had an issue with this before.

ЯS6 Augar

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
People not aware of this will get angry at you and accuse you of ignoring them, when simply, you just didn't see the message because it was blocked. It does more harm than good.

This doesn't happen on Valve Maps LA.

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yeah cause when your dead it says (Dead)Probex57: and then the message.

KewnTunes

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
+1 I need to let the nerd who killed me know that he actually sucks at this game and that I'm a lot better than him

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
if you don't get it it's like this.

say you're playing search & destroy on cod, once you die the alive people cannot hear you but the dead people can

there and yes +1

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The other thing is it doesn't make sense... when alltalk is on you can literally talk shit to the other team but you can't type anything to them.