• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
From what I understand, he could not access his email, so he made a new account.

I don't know his main account, and he will not tell me. I didn't know he played tf2 till last week.

Then it looks like there is nothing we can do.

Here is what we have.

1. A side account under your ip address got banned for hacking
2. A skype screenshot that could be anybody
3. The side account and your account only have one ip address. We have no records of either using any others.

With the lack of evidence and based on the fact there is only one ip address throughout this whole thing, i don't want to unban you.

I will leave this open if you have anything else you wish to add.

lycide

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Then it looks like there is nothing we can do.]

With the lack of evidence and based on the fact there is only one ip address throughout this whole thing, i don't want to unban you.

I will leave this open if you have anything else you wish to add.

What other evidence do you want? So far there has only been a recommendation for me to provide a pic of us, which I did.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
What other evidence do you want? So far there has only been a recommendation for me to provide a pic of us, which I did.

the person who asked for a pic wasn't an admin or a mod and has no idea what they are talking about. we don't unban people cause they post a picture.

and i asked for his steam profile.

lycide

Scarcely Lethal Noob
the person who asked for a pic wasn't an admin or a mod and has no idea what they are talking about. we don't unban people cause they post a picture

I know they're not, that wasn't the point. Can you exclude my account from the ip ban? is that possible? If not what can I provide that will get my account unbanned?

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I know they're not, that wasn't the point. Can you exclude my account from the ip ban? is that possible? If not what can I provide that will get my account unbanned?

i don't think you understand how this works. Its your ip addres. if i unbanned you but not the ipaddress, you would be re-banned once you tried to connect with your ip address.

lycide

Scarcely Lethal Noob
i don't think you understand how this works. Its your ip addres. if i unbanned you but not the ipaddress, you would be re-banned once you tried to connect with your ip address.
I know how it works. IP is marked as banned, you login with any account at that ip, that account is also banned. I take it that you cannot exclude a single account from an ip ban, which is fine.

What can I provide as proof that will get me unbanned?

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I know how it works. IP is marked as banned, you login with any account at that ip, that account is also banned. I take it that you cannot exclude a single account from an ip ban, which is fine.

What can I provide as proof that will get me unbanned?

You still haven't given his main account saying that "he won't tell you" yet he will take a picture for you? Not helping your cause...

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So I'm wasting my time basically?
I'm not an admin, but... Pretty much yes, you are wasting your time.

PS> Surprisingly, Zebra has handled this issue professionally...I'm really shocked.

PPS> I don't know why Smokey jumped in with his "post a photo" idea in the first place.

Boa-Noah

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I'm not an admin, but... Pretty much yes, you are wasting your time.

PS> Surprisingly, Zebra has handled this issue professionally...I'm really shocked.

PPS> I don't know why Smokey jumped in with his "post a photo" idea in the first place.

It wasn't his idea, more than a couple situations like this tend to have the photo idea posted, don't know who started it but it hasn't been uncommon.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It wasn't his idea, more than a couple situations like this tend to have the photo idea posted, don't know who started it but it hasn't been uncommon.
I know that this idea wasn't new.. I just didn't know why Smokey, not being an admin, has jumped in with this idea.

Boa-Noah

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I know that this idea wasn't new.. I just didn't know why Smokey, not being an admin, has jumped in with this idea.

Oh, I'm not sure about that, I personally don't see anything wrong with suggesting it if it's what mods had been doing (seems like a rational decision to me at least.)

Status
Not open for further replies.