• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Leon.

Mildly Menacing Medic
Just to get some context here, are you a ozfur mod or something

I'm guilty of being the founder of OzFur, yes.

To those who liked the community, you'll probably hate me for shutting it down.
To those who hated the community, you should totally pile on the praise for shutting it down.

Last edited:

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
He owned OzFur, you fool. That's THE Leon!

I can't believe my eyes.

I played there a looooong time ago so I can't remember much of that place

I think that was one of the reasons that I came to skial tho. I was bouncing around from server community to server community running across shit admins, ozfur not being any better than the others then I ran across Skial.

Reactions: Leon.

Leon.

Mildly Menacing Medic
For one, I never harassed anyone on Ozfur, nor do I even remember doing that. All I remember was shit talking about Honey and Kerk then getting muted for 12 months, which at that point. I just moved from Ozfur to here.

Unfortunately your recollection doesn't do you many favours because there is more history than what you have conceded albeit over a considerable length of time. And in fairness, many of the silences you received were issued post-facto. Hence, you wouldn't have been fully aware of the exact reasons for the silence being issued aside from the ambiguous reason of "Abusing players" or "Flagged Message" that appears on Sourcebans.

However, that is water under the bridge as far as I am concerned. I certainly didn't start posting here to yell "ZILLION IS A BAD PERSON!" from the roof-tops nor do I believe that. Rather, simply wanted to clarify that Honey and Kerknor had nothing to do with OzFur winding-up all but one of its servers.

...then I ran across Skial.

If you did play on our servers and didn't like them, that's fine! In fact it's great to hear that you found a place you enjoy hanging out as for no community is "one size fits all" and finding communities we like can be tedious and time consuming.

Last edited:

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor

To those who hated the community, you should totally pile on the praise for shutting it down.
Its never a good thing for community servers to shut down, sadly. There needs to be more communities to foster more people playing. And the loss of community servers just shows how badly things are starting to look for the more casual tf2.

I'll be honest, after the quickplay change, we had to drop a bunch of servers too. If we didn't have such a large amount, i expect we'd be bleeding dry as well.

Leon.

Mildly Menacing Medic
Its never a good thing for community servers to shut down, sadly. There needs to be more communities to foster more people playing. And the loss of community servers just shows how badly things are starting to look for the more casual tf2. I'll be honest, after the quickplay change, we had to drop a bunch of servers too. If we didn't have such a large amount, i expect we'd be bleeding dry as well.

I do agree with you; and Valve’s implicit hostility towards community servers is part of the reason that I made the decision to wind-up the community. The fact is, Valve have made it very clear that casual communities will never again be the heart and soul of the game. I’ve racked up thousands of hours in Team Fortress 2 and run a community, not because of the game, but because I loved the people I played with – many of whom have gone on to become personal friends of mine for the past half-a-decade.

Unfortunately, features like Quickplay, Competitive Matchmaking and the like have and will continue to turn Team Fortress 2 servers into train stations. Millions of people pass through train stations every day; But no one calls a train station home.

I pity the Free-To-Play player who uses Quickplay every time they start Team Fortress 2. Because they are the ones who will get thrown into a different server with different people every game they play – and be robbed of the opportunity to develop meaningful friendships with other players similar to them - Friendships that might even survive beyond the life of Team Fortress 2.

Last edited:

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well this thread is about to get a whole lot more interesting, no doubt. It’s not often that I comment on public threads about Ozzy Furocity, in fact over the years I’ve learned to ignore most of the bile and vitriol that gets spread around the dark corners of the internet. Though on this occasion I felt the need to briefly respond to some of the assertions being made in this thread by the OP and others:

Honey and Kernor, despite their flaws, were not bad people. In fact, there were quite a lot of players who were rather fond of them both as members of the community and later as moderators of the community. However, I realise and concede that they were not universally loved by the community and that this in turn made it difficult for them to perform their role. Were they awful? No. Were they divisive? Yes. Hence, eventually we decided that it was best for them to be stood aside and they left the community soon after.

However, to assign direct or indirect blame for “OzFur’s demise” to Honey and Kerknor is extremely ignorant and presumptuous on the part of the OP and others of similar disposition. There were a lot of things going on over at Ozzy Furocity prior to the decision being made to wind up the community. Whilst some of these things made the decision easier, they were not the reason for the decision being discussed in the first place or by any means the most compelling reason to wind up the community.

For the benefit of your recollection, you were not permanently banned under the circumstances you have described. Rather, you were silenced for 12 months after receiving three previous silences for persistent abusive behaviour that was directed mostly at players. Each silence was handed out by a different moderator. and at no point were you banned, since we didn’t ban for communication-based offenses, we issued silences.

Hey, it’s not easy having a happy face all the time! But I do agree that I could have been a little less prickly at times.

On the topic of blame, OzFur’s closure was unrelated to the actions of any individual, a point I might discuss later in this response.

This is a reasonable guess. However, Ozzy Furocity’s servers were modded servers that weren’t eligible for Quickplay anyway. (IE: Randomizer, Mariokart, Trade, Deathrun and VSH)

Even 2fort ran custom respawn timers and hence it wasn’t in the default Quickplay pool to begin with.

Sorry for the loss! I’m sure you’ll find another one.

I think they still run one or two servers. Can’t be sure since I don’t really keep up with server happenings of late! Just search for the tag “tfp” and that should bring their servers up.

Oh come on. The worst players of all time? Don’t get me wrong, I’m all in favour of a good story (Ergo: exaggeration) but that’s just excessive. They weren’t that bad nor did they force anyone to do anything. Yes, their style of gameplay and calling every opponent out encouraged the team to be overly defensive. Yes, defensive turtling is boring. But that doesn’t mean they were scumbags or the worst players of all time.

And I can recall some pretty good reasons for making them moderators too, despite the fact that it didn’t work out.

I somewhat agree with this, but I’m also conscious of the fact that the majority of the people in this thread rolling around in OzFur drama are non-furies. At least you can spot a furry from a distance and keep away from them.

As explained on your appeal, you were banned by Sourcemod Anti-cheat (SMAC). For obvious reasons, we don’t revert SMAC bans unless we have substantial evidence of a false-positive occurring for which there was none. This is, in my view, perfectly reasonable.

I don’t recall your activities on Skial having anything to do with it actually. Rather, I think you were consistently picked up following player reports and resulting chat-log reviews. You weren’t universally loved by players yourself.

I agree with you entirely; administrators should be offered no greater protection than players. Hence why Ozzy Furocity didn’t have a admin respect rule. What we did have was a rule against abusive conduct against anyone else on the servers. Obviously, like Skial, there were certain things we were more interested in than others, things that we would act upon. For instance: racism, sexism, personal-attacks, religious or homophobic slurs etc.

Furthermore, we had a rule against arguing staff decisions. This rule essentially stated that if you disagree with a decision, you should bring it up with the person (or someone of your choosing) over Steam or the forums; Do not argue backwards and forwards on the server ad nauseam, because the players don’t want to hear it.

These rules were perfectly reasonable and can be found at most well-run communities.

We didn’t run into a problem with this, actually. Rather, the conversion to GameME simply didn’t support the feature in-game hence it disappeared one day.

There were no legal considerations or “problems” in regards to this feature and in fact you can get much the same information by going to any GameME player profile. Your state and city are public for all to see.

Contrary to your recollection, the server population did not “tank” at any point leading up to the wind-up. In fact, even GameTracker shows that the server’s population rankings were consistently high leading up to the community’s closure. Hence, the implied assertion that the community starved of players is unfounded.

However, in response to your comments about feedback; we received a handful of depositions from players regarding concerns they had with Honey and Kerknor. Some of these concerns were frivolous and others were well-founded. We initially tried working with Honey and Kerknor to improve the situation as for everyone deserves a chance to improve. Later however, we ended up standing them aside once we concluded that things weren't getting much better.
Edit: Nevermind

snaFu

Scarcely Lethal Noob

Overall, loved it. Thanks for running the servers as long as you did.

LiterallyCody

Totally Ordinary Human
❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : I love that I'm getting credit for it :)

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : thank you for making me famous by telling everyone I am responsible for an entire community going belly-up! w

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : good! please let him know to pass on that gossip to all his little friends. Coz pixels matter

batch : not gossip, not surprising you knew exactly who zalway was talking about

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : the biggest kick I get out of your little friends so upset about a dying community going belly-up is that it really affects you

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : so much

batch : yeah, theres just a whole plethora of good 24/7 instant respawn 2forts out there on the west coast

batch : yeah, theres just a whole plethora of good 24/7 instant respawn 2forts out there on the west coast

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : exactly :)

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : glad you figured it out, batch

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : seems your brighter than I've given you credit for lol

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : you're

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : thanks for caring, batch. I'll be sure to paste that in my tf2 scrapbook that I'll color pink & peach just for you (✿◠‿�

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : you all do, coz you and your friends go out of your way to connect with me and let me know how much I affect your lives, it's

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : the least I could do for you (✿◠‿◠)⊃━☆゚. * ・ 。゚, *

batch : Yeah, it does affect us when the handful of tf2 servers shrink because of cancer

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : yes coz 'cancer' can transfer into pixels lol good job, batch

batch : lol you have a strong grasp of inferrence

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : or, I'm an adult who knows the difference between reality and fantasy

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : and can accurately use adjectives where appropriate (◑.◑)

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : give it a go, batch... you may discover the world of english and words and being able to find accurate adjectives to describe

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : your utter upset and the tragedy of a video game ✿◕ ‿ ◕✿

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : <--- doesn't care that you choose to be obtuse (✿◠‿◠)

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : mm you see that's the thing, the 'power of the pen' - google it, there's quite authority in being able to communicate through

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : our words

batch : lol yeah that makes so much sense so intellectual. I've read a book too!

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : Being an english major I revel in the fact that I CAN use my words effectively and not resort to name calling or inuendos

batch : ahahahahah english major

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : I know this is a long stretch for you, batch - but the intelligence goes beyond your world. It's OK we understand you're

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : limited in your capacity to comprehend the logistics of words

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : all while I'm effectively defending my base too :)

Kerknor ︻デ═一 : So batch, I'm part of the cancer that tore apart Ozfur, according to you right?

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : I'm glad to see I've occupied your time while you type your responses

batch : argument is all over the plac

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : it's OK, batch... we get it, you are struggling with keeping up

batch : lol try to keep up with me now

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : perhaps C&P this conversation so that you can refer back to it for future references and maybe check a dictionary for

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : assistance

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : excellent, we know your capacity to manage two conversations is beyond your scope of multitasking... we'll give you a break and

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : let you continue to deflect to appear witty

batch : condescending, 'I am very smart' argumentation, its really proving something

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : you're doing that for me, batch

❃ ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一 : it's hard not to come across as 'condescending' to someone who is so caught up in historical events that happened 3 mths ago

*DEAD* batch : oh just keep going, this is very entertaining to my buddies

(Unrelated but it connects)

Zalway: I can site her for everyone I know leaving ozfur so

Zalway: and that's roughly 30 people

In which case, most of them were donators that left OzFur because they became Mods. Thanks Leon!

:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^) Great conversation.

Reactions: Defibyoulater

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
is this shit still happening, who cares what happened to you over there, we're your family now

Last edited:

kidkrash

Scarcely Lethal Noob
This thread explains quite a bit of what has been going on at grimfortress (formerly screamfortress) for a few months now. Kerknor and Honey brought their drama and terrible game play to grim's 2Fort server which use to be my favorite.

In fact I am currently gagged and muted on grim because of them.

The common denominator is all of this is clear. Having "︻デ═一" is a bad thing.

kidkrash

Last edited:
Reactions: Defibyoulater

LiterallyCody

Totally Ordinary Human
This thread explains quite a bit of what has been going on at grimfortress (formerly screamfortress) for a few months now. Kerkor and Honey brought their drama and terrible game play to grim's 2Fort server which use to be my favorite.

In fact I am currently gagged and muted on grim because of them.

The common denominator is all of this is clear. Having "︻デ═一" is a bad thing.

kidkrash

Funny, I encountered them on another server (just valve pub server) they were constantly trash talking referencing to me.

Reactions: kidkrash

Exia Chizzon Choa SOO

Unremarkable User
Why did I not see this THREAD. Exia/ kpop name changer guy/girl here.

I thought the server just went up and died quietly and nothing would be mentioned. I played the 2fort servers for years to kill time and usually would have to switch once they go down. I spent a majority of my pubstomping sprees on this community's servers and it had the best people to play with since they didn't act like babies. Well, until the Horny and Korker duo appeared. The sad thing was is that I had so much demos saved of them doing the exact same things they were trying to ban people for prior to them becoming mods.. All those files are long gone due to the fact I don't stay on the same pc for more than 6 months. But, without a doubt they were a huge factor in the constant toxic atmosphere that was beginning to take over the community. Just thinking of that one guy/girl thing's voice is enough to make me gag. Felt sorry for all the people who had to deal with them but, I always had the pleasure of completely ruining their crusades when I joined.

Overall the servers were great to play on and Leon was doing the best he could when things would go haywire but, he can't be there always. For a furry server to be as good as what Ozfur was is quite spectacular to see with all the hate it would receive just for being the way it was. But the good thing about 2fort there are many out there and always new people to meet. Hopefully there aren't any Horney and Korkers there trying to make people their bitches. LOL @ their callouts.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Why did I not see this THREAD. Exia/ kpop name changer guy/girl here.
Hey Exia. :) You remember me and Hossonation?

Overall the servers were great to play on and Leon was doing the best he could when things would go haywire but, he can't be there always. For a furry server to be as good as what Ozfur was is quite spectacular to see with all the hate it would receive just for being the way it was. But the good thing about 2fort there are many out there and always new people to meet. Hopefully there aren't any Horney and Korkers there trying to make people their bitches. LOL @ their callouts.

Honestly, me Orange, and Hos STOPPED PLAYING what-so-ever when those morons were awarded Admin.

Orange got muted for calling them out.

It was sickening. I would singly handedly blame them for the crash.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
of course
i remember everyone that is important

You know despite all the crazy, highly intense and engaging, teeth grinding battles you guys set me, Hoss and Orange through, we hold you guys in high respect. Because after those scumbags Jerknor, Foney, and Wasabidiot showed up, we were glad to have you guys there to give us a honest and fufilling fight.

And I should have recorded footage and submitted reports to have those moronic goons banned. Did you know there was a rule that DIDN'T allow you to hug your spawn? And I'm sure you remember them making it their lifes missions to hump that spawn locker every time we penetrated their base. Honestly, the worst TF2 players ever.