• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

JayDee

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Bottiger should do a furry server to take all of ozfur's homeless players

The relentless drama over some of the stupidest shit you thought was not scientifically possible for two people to argue over would make great entertainment to help keep it full and it could replace Jailbreak's population of 2 active people while being slightly less cancerous in the process

Everybody wins. Except the people who wander in the server not knowing what it is. But they could always just get therapy later or something
bottiger should ban all furries

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Acey Drgn

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Good riddance. Serves them right for false banning me for "Aimbot" when I proved one of the admins wrong. Damn clowns. :angry:

Last edited:

LiterallyCody

Totally Ordinary Human
Good riddance. Serves them right for false banning me for "Aimbot" when I proved one of the admins wrong. Damn clowns. :angry:

Well I got perma-banned for shit talking Honey and Kerk on Skial servers after they became mods. Apparently someone was spying on me, and I really did like Ozfur :/

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well I got perma-banned for shit talking Honey and Kerk on Skial servers after they became mods. Apparently someone was spying on me, and I really did like Ozfur :/
Servers that punish shit talking admins deserve to die. Asking people to only be nice when talking about admins is just asking too much.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Servers that punish shit talking admins deserve to die. Asking people to only be nice when talking about admins is just asking too much.
You're wrong. Us Them admins deserve respect and will be respected. If you dont respect us we them they will crush you with the iron fist of justice and you can cry later.

That really is a dumb rule. Admins are generally hated or loved and they have to learn to deal with it.

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You're wrong. Us Them admins deserve respect and will be respected. If you dont respect us we them they will crush you with the iron fist of justice and you can cry later.

That really is a dumb rule. Admins are generally hated or loved and they have to learn to deal with it.
Both end up pretty fun in their own way, so you kind of get over the hate and enjoy the love when it comes.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

I never understood the 'respect admins' rule to begin with on some servers. There seems to be no point to it beyond protecting their internet egos

It's a dumb rule to clear out servers

Reactions: Meowrisa

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I remember a problem OzFur ran into because their HLstats also told people where the player's location is state and city wise.

snaFu

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Interesting. I thought I was the only one who had a serious issue with Honey and Cucknor. They were the most awful players and moderators. I appealed a name change and a muting in their forums and wrote about them at length describing their actions, playstyle, and moderator abuse. It seems like not long after that, their server populations tanked and I didn't notice either of these awful mods logging in. Dunno if I sparked anything or not, but now I'm happy to know I'm not the only who realized how bad they were.

A pity, because there were some cool people on OzFur. It was an interesting place before it was ruined by those two.

I'm really enjoying Skial at the moment and I hope this continues into the future!

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Interesting. I thought I was the only one who had a serious issue with Honey and Cucknor. They were the most awful players and moderators. I appealed a name change and a muting in their forums and wrote about them at length describing their actions, playstyle, and moderator abuse. It seems like not long after that, their server populations tanked and I didn't notice either of these awful mods logging in. Dunno if I sparked anything or not, but now I'm happy to know I'm not the only who realized how bad they were.

A pity, because there were some cool people on OzFur. It was an interesting place before it was ruined by those two.

I'm really enjoying Skial at the moment and I hope this continues into the future!
I've seen them playing on skial 2forts so becareful

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor

Can you show us that post/thread or is it deleted?

Leon.

Mildly Menacing Medic
Well this thread is about to get a whole lot more interesting, no doubt. It’s not often that I comment on public threads about Ozzy Furocity, in fact over the years I’ve learned to ignore most of the bile and vitriol that gets spread around the dark corners of the internet. Though on this occasion I felt the need to briefly respond to some of the assertions being made in this thread by the OP and others:

In my opinion, if Leon (the Owner) didn't mod Honey and Kerknor, none of this would've happened. Thanks to them, they killed off the old players such as me and a few others.

Honey and Kernor, despite their flaws, were not bad people. In fact, there were quite a lot of players who were rather fond of them both as members of the community and later as moderators of the community. However, I realise and concede that they were not universally loved by the community and that this in turn made it difficult for them to perform their role. Were they awful? No. Were they divisive? Yes. Hence, eventually we decided that it was best for them to be stood aside and they left the community soon after.

However, to assign direct or indirect blame for “OzFur’s demise” to Honey and Kerknor is extremely ignorant and presumptuous on the part of the OP and others of similar disposition. There were a lot of things going on over at Ozzy Furocity prior to the decision being made to wind up the community. Whilst some of these things made the decision easier, they were not the reason for the decision being discussed in the first place or by any means the most compelling reason to wind up the community.

Only thing I can say about this. I got perma-banned from ozfur because of my standpoint on how the two mods are bad.

For the benefit of your recollection, you were not permanently banned under the circumstances you have described. Rather, you were silenced for 12 months after receiving three previous silences for persistent abusive behaviour that was directed mostly at players. Each silence was handed out by a different moderator. and at no point were you banned, since we didn’t ban for communication-based offenses, we issued silences.

tbh I blame Leon he seemed pretty rude.

Hey, it’s not easy having a happy face all the time! But I do agree that I could have been a little less prickly at times.

On the topic of blame, OzFur’s closure was unrelated to the actions of any individual, a point I might discuss later in this response.

It's two years since the patch that siphoned off traffic from community servers. They probably bled out like the others.

This is a reasonable guess. However, Ozzy Furocity’s servers were modded servers that weren’t eligible for Quickplay anyway. (IE: Randomizer, Mariokart, Trade, Deathrun and VSH)

Even 2fort ran custom respawn timers and hence it wasn’t in the default Quickplay pool to begin with.

I loved their trade server, RIP.

Sorry for the loss! I’m sure you’ll find another one.

There is? I thought they died after their server didn't show up in my server list

I think they still run one or two servers. Can’t be sure since I don’t really keep up with server happenings of late! Just search for the tag “tfp” and that should bring their servers up.

I know you guys don't probably know or care who those two are, but they are single fingeredly THE WORST TF2 PLAYERS of all time. Honestly, two of the most scumbag players ever. And to make it worse, desperate Leon made them admins for no good reason. Which of course, complicated things even worse.

Oh come on. The worst players of all time? Don’t get me wrong, I’m all in favour of a good story (Ergo: exaggeration) but that’s just excessive. They weren’t that bad nor did they force anyone to do anything. Yes, their style of gameplay and calling every opponent out encouraged the team to be overly defensive. Yes, defensive turtling is boring. But that doesn’t mean they were scumbags or the worst players of all time.

And I can recall some pretty good reasons for making them moderators too, despite the fact that it didn’t work out.

bottiger should ban all furries

I somewhat agree with this, but I’m also conscious of the fact that the majority of the people in this thread rolling around in OzFur drama are non-furies. At least you can spot a furry from a distance and keep away from them.

As explained on your appeal, you were banned by Sourcemod Anti-cheat (SMAC). For obvious reasons, we don’t revert SMAC bans unless we have substantial evidence of a false-positive occurring for which there was none. This is, in my view, perfectly reasonable.

I don’t recall your activities on Skial having anything to do with it actually. Rather, I think you were consistently picked up following player reports and resulting chat-log reviews. You weren’t universally loved by players yourself.

I agree with you entirely; administrators should be offered no greater protection than players. Hence why Ozzy Furocity didn’t have a admin respect rule. What we did have was a rule against abusive conduct against anyone else on the servers. Obviously, like Skial, there were certain things we were more interested in than others, things that we would act upon. For instance: racism, sexism, personal-attacks, religious or homophobic slurs etc.

Furthermore, we had a rule against arguing staff decisions. This rule essentially stated that if you disagree with a decision, you should bring it up with the person (or someone of your choosing) over Steam or the forums; Do not argue backwards and forwards on the server ad nauseam, because the players don’t want to hear it.

These rules were perfectly reasonable and can be found at most well-run communities.

I remember a problem OzFur ran into because their HLstats also told people where the player's location is state and city wise.

We didn’t run into a problem with this, actually. Rather, the conversion to GameME simply didn’t support the feature in-game hence it disappeared one day.

There were no legal considerations or “problems” in regards to this feature and in fact you can get much the same information by going to any GameME player profile. Your state and city are public for all to see.

Contrary to your recollection, the server population did not “tank” at any point leading up to the wind-up. In fact, even GameTracker shows that the server’s population rankings were consistently high leading up to the community’s closure. Hence, the implied assertion that the community starved of players is unfounded.

However, in response to your comments about feedback; we received a handful of depositions from players regarding concerns they had with Honey and Kerknor. Some of these concerns were frivolous and others were well-founded. We initially tried working with Honey and Kerknor to improve the situation as for everyone deserves a chance to improve. Later however, we ended up standing them aside once we concluded that things weren't getting much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chance and 185db

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Well this thread is about to get a whole lot more interesting, no doubt. It’s not often that I comment on public threads about Ozzy Furocity, in fact over the years I’ve learned to ignore most of the bile and vitriol that gets spread around the dark corners of the internet. Though on this occasion I felt the need to briefly respond to some of the assertions being made in this thread by the OP and others:

Honey and Kernor, despite their flaws, were not bad people. In fact, there were quite a lot of players who were rather fond of them both as members of the community and later as moderators of the community. However, I realise and concede that they were not universally loved by the community and that this in turn made it difficult for them to perform their role. Were they awful? No. Were they divisive? Yes. Hence, eventually we decided that it was best for them to be stood aside and they left the community soon after.

However, to assign direct or indirect blame for “OzFur’s demise” to Honey and Kerknor is extremely ignorant and presumptuous on the part of the OP and others of similar disposition. There were a lot of things going on over at Ozzy Furocity prior to the decision being made to wind up the community. Whilst some of these things made the decision easier, they were not the reason for the decision being discussed in the first place or by any means the most compelling reason to wind up the community.

For the benefit of your recollection, you were not permanently banned under the circumstances you have described. Rather, you were silenced for 12 months after receiving three previous silences for persistent abusive behaviour that was directed mostly at players. Each silence was handed out by a different moderator. and at no point were you banned, since we didn’t ban for communication-based offenses, we issued silences.

Hey, it’s not easy having a happy face all the time! But I do agree that I could have been a little less prickly at times.

On the topic of blame, OzFur’s closure was unrelated to the actions of any individual, a point I might discuss later in this response.

This is a reasonable guess. However, Ozzy Furocity’s servers were modded servers that weren’t eligible for Quickplay anyway. (IE: Randomizer, Mariokart, Trade, Deathrun and VSH)

Even 2fort ran custom respawn timers and hence it wasn’t in the default Quickplay pool to begin with.

Sorry for the loss! I’m sure you’ll find another one.

I think they still run one or two servers. Can’t be sure since I don’t really keep up with server happenings of late! Just search for the tag “tfp” and that should bring their servers up.

Oh come on. The worst players of all time? Don’t get me wrong, I’m all in favour of a good story (Ergo: exaggeration) but that’s just excessive. They weren’t that bad nor did they force anyone to do anything. Yes, their style of gameplay and calling every opponent out encouraged the team to be overly defensive. Yes, defensive turtling is boring. But that doesn’t mean they were scumbags or the worst players of all time.

And I can recall some pretty good reasons for making them moderators too, despite the fact that it didn’t work out.

I somewhat agree with this, but I’m also conscious of the fact that the majority of the people in this thread rolling around in OzFur drama are non-furies. At least you can spot a furry from a distance and keep away from them.

As explained on your appeal, you were banned by Sourcemod Anti-cheat (SMAC). For obvious reasons, we don’t revert SMAC bans unless we have substantial evidence of a false-positive occurring for which there was none. This is, in my view, perfectly reasonable.

I don’t recall your activities on Skial having anything to do with it actually. Rather, I think you were consistently picked up following player reports and resulting chat-log reviews. You weren’t universally loved by players yourself.

I agree with you entirely; administrators should be offered no greater protection than players. Hence why Ozzy Furocity didn’t have a admin respect rule. What we did have was a rule against abusive conduct against anyone else on the servers. Obviously, like Skial, there were certain things we were more interested in than others, things that we would act upon. For instance: racism, sexism, personal-attacks, religious or homophobic slurs etc.

Furthermore, we had a rule against arguing staff decisions. This rule essentially stated that if you disagree with a decision, you should bring it up with the person (or someone of your choosing) over Steam or the forums; Do not argue backwards and forwards on the server ad nauseam, because the players don’t want to hear it.

These rules were perfectly reasonable and can be found at most well-run communities.

We didn’t run into a problem with this, actually. Rather, the conversion to GameME simply didn’t support the feature in-game hence it disappeared one day.

There were no legal considerations or “problems” in regards to this feature and in fact you can get much the same information by going to any GameME player profile. Your state and city is public for all to see.

Contrary to your recollection, the server population did not “tank” at any point leading up to the wind-up. In fact, even GameTracker shows that the server’s population rankings were consistently high leading up to the community’s closure. Hence, the implied assertion that the community starved of players is unfounded.

However, in response to your comments about feedback; we received a handful of depositions from players regarding concerns they had with Honey and Kerknor. Some of these concerns were frivolous and others were well-founded. We initially tried working with Honey and Kerknor to improve the situation as for everyone deserves a chance to improve. Later however, we ended up standing them aside once we concluded that things weren't getting much better.

Just to get some context here, are you a ozfur mod or something