CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
No-Crit Dustbowl Server
Based on it's success, we either keep it, possibly implement other no-crit servers, or just axe it.

Met an old bro from my old server that I reg'd (prior to ban from the now-removed former head admin). Used to be called AnEntireTeamOfBabies. Good pyro, passable scoot. We were reminiscing on the old days, I was asking where he's been, he's just been wandering misc 2fort servers. He said, "I dig these Skial servers, but y'know what I miss from 2098? No crits."
At that, about 4 other people (who weren't part of the conversation GTF--- Oh, they agree with us. Go on) chimed in, saying they wish there weren't crits as well.

I'm curious how the server would fly. Anyone interested?

O

OMFG stfu

Absolute no on Dusty? Would be the first of it's kind, probably. I'd just like to see the reception it'd receive.

Otherwise, is that a yes on the 2fort..? Really interested on how the community would react to one of these.

I would still play it, I hate crit rockets, and since I play mostly pyro, not a ton of crits for me anyway.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
No-crit servers are automatically banned from quickplay.

It drastically changes the gameplay.

It is a nerf to certain weapons because the more damage you do, the higher chance you have of a crit.
It will also be harder to take out engie nests and we all know how much you hate those.
Sorry for breaking this down, bear with me.
Banned from QuickPlay: And nothing of value was lost. F2P does that search, a lot of people who play want to choose what map they play on.

Drastically changes gameplay: Not really. We're improving it.:troll: I've played on crit servers and no-crit servers, and the core gameplay is not different at all.

Nerf to certain weapons: How is that a nerf? Crits don't make a weapon weaker, it by definition makes it nearly a 1-3 hit kill. Someone's a Heavy spraying & praying, and they get crits when they're already doing massive damage?
I've heard it argued that crits were implemented so other classes that aren't too good at melee could survive. If a spy is right next to a sniper, there's a pretty good chance the sniper's kukri will crit. Same for medics and engies. That makes sense to me, but giving someone an unfair advantage because they've been holding M1 down longer than someone else doesn't sound like a "nerf".

Engy nests aren't a problem if you know what you're doing. Give me a medic with an uber and 3 competent team mates, and we could take out practically any build. I don't really hate them at all, actually. Also, crits aren't too much of a factor in taking down engineer builds. They occur rarely when a team is pushing an engineer's build to begin with, but the engies are usually behind their sentries and aren't affected by the crits, for the most part.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
We have an all-crit server, don't see why we can't have the opposite, if only to see how it would fare.

Staying_Classy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well, to be honest, I like crits.
Jus' sayin'
Don't think they're fair, but I sure do love gettin' them.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Had people on 2fort talking about it again the other day on mic... ;_;