CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
No-Crit Dustbowl Server
Based on it's success, we either keep it, possibly implement other no-crit servers, or just axe it.

Met an old bro from my old server that I reg'd (prior to ban from the now-removed former head admin). Used to be called AnEntireTeamOfBabies. Good pyro, passable scoot. We were reminiscing on the old days, I was asking where he's been, he's just been wandering misc 2fort servers. He said, "I dig these Skial servers, but y'know what I miss from 2098? No crits."
At that, about 4 other people (who weren't part of the conversation GTF--- Oh, they agree with us. Go on) chimed in, saying they wish there weren't crits as well.

I'm curious how the server would fly. Anyone interested?

Bottiger

Administrator
No-crit servers are automatically banned from quickplay.

It drastically changes the gameplay.

It is a nerf to certain weapons because the more damage you do, the higher chance you have of a crit.
It will also be harder to take out engie nests and we all know how much you hate those.

Reactions: Doki

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
No-crit servers are automatically banned from quickplay.

It drastically changes the gameplay.

It is a nerf to certain weapons because the more damage you do, the higher chance you have of a crit.
It will also be harder to take out engie nests and we all know how much you hate those.
... Engie nests...?

Orange server drastically changes gameplay. Not sure, but I wouldn't imagine that being on Quickplay. All crits changes the gameplay; so would no crits. Alright. People know what they're joining.
I'm asking if there's enough interest if we could try it out.

BadGuy

Server-Clearing Cynic
no-crit dustbowl is madness. Blue needs crits to have a chance at some of the buried teams. no-crit 2fort I could see, but the idea of no crits would take away from weapons that are designed to crit, like sniper rifles, or medic melee weapons. I'm open to the idea though.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Absolute no on Dusty? Would be the first of it's kind, probably. I'd just like to see the reception it'd receive.

Otherwise, is that a yes on the 2fort..? Really interested on how the community would react to one of these.

Sparky

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
no-crit dustbowl is madness. Blue needs crits to have a chance at some of the buried teams. no-crit 2fort I could see, but the idea of no crits would take away from weapons that are designed to crit, like sniper rifles, or medic melee weapons. I'm open to the idea though.
THIS IS MADNESS!

Lord Scrambles

Face-Melting F2Per
Not a big fan of the idea. As much as I hate getting my day ruined by a crit rocket, it just doesn't seem in the spirit of the game.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Not a big fan of the idea. As much as I hate getting my day ruined by a crit rocket, it just doesn't seem in the spirit of the game.
I bet you haven't even played on a no-crit server. Same exact game, minus the Mario Party Everyone's-a-Winner factor. You do not notice the difference whatsoever. I spent most of my days (not on the playground) on a no-crit server, and everyone loved it.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
12v12 2fort, of course.

Wait... If there are already 32 people servers WITH crits, how would 32 without be "stupid"?