Toxik

Contributor
If anyone is considering buying the game or at least waiting for it to get fixed, here's a really neat post that shows all that was promised and wasn't delivered: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyT...res_the_nms_we_were_sold_on_heres_a_big_list/

Personally, I'm really pissed about the ships customization. In the video, the creator said that "your ship is really unique and your own, you're not going to see 10 other people with it" and that it would be customizable, which wasn't delivered on at all.
I wish we could change the ship's appearance, even for units, to really make cool ones instead of saving up units to buy a ship just because it was more space or trying your luck finding a crashed ship, spend a shit ton of time getting resources then not finding the crashed ship again because there is neither a goddamn map nor markers you can place

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm salty the he kept saying I can play the way I want to, but I want to play as a trader but these retarded sentinels are up my ass for everything I do. They can fuck right off.

I want a big space freighter that has a big cargo hold for my trade goods, but literally every ship hull can have the max number of cargo slots, so there is almost no difference between ships besides looks.

I want classes. I want bulky trading ships with big cargo areas but minimal maneuverability. I want a highly mobile fighter armed to the teeth but with a smaller cargo hold.

Speaking of trading, does anyone think the trading in this game is mindbogglingly simple? There is no incentive to trade basically when you can get almost any resource on any planet. The only thing people use the trade hubs for is to sell whatever the station wants (yellow star) at massively high rates. I just want to be a goddamn peaceful trader and get rich and have a bigass space truck is that so hard.

Toxik

Contributor
I'm salty the he kept saying I can play the way I want to, but I want to play as a trader but these retarded sentinels are up my ass for everything I do. They can fuck right off.

I want a big space freighter that has a big cargo hold for my trade goods, but literally every ship hull can have the max number of cargo slots, so there is almost no difference between ships besides looks.

I want classes. I want bulky trading ships with big cargo areas but minimal maneuverability. I want a highly mobile fighter armed to the teeth but with a smaller cargo hold.

Speaking of trading, does anyone think the trading in this game is mindbogglingly simple? There is no incentive to trade basically when you can get almost any resource on any planet. The only thing people use the trade hubs for is to sell whatever the station wants (yellow star) at massively high rates. I just want to be a goddamn peaceful trader and get rich and have a bigass space truck is that so hard.
Yeah not being able to customize/improve ships besides for speed, weapons and force fields really rustled my jimmies

And I definitely agree, the same resources are on every planet, it's just their distribution that's modified, fucking useless.

The trading system is a joke, do those gold stars even change with time or by galaxy? I don't want to spend 2h farming if the highest selling item is going to change within 10 mins

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The trading system is a joke, do those gold stars even change with time or by galaxy? I don't want to spend 2h farming if the highest selling item is going to change within 10 mins
They only change from system to system. Each space station has its own set of gold stars that never change (booooooooooooring)

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
8A67E87AA12BF474A522A4D606ED4DEF640685DD

SO my ship decided to land itself inside a fucking boulder. I got out because it fucking auto ejects you and fell inside the planet. My last save was 10 minutes ago.

D7A03AFF5D2CF756834E33593419E44ED19B282A

And there is toxic water down here. Great.

91A8698AB7318893F29371506CF42EB1572C6EC4

Here's my ship though. She's a beaut.

Reactions: Toxik

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
if you find a planet with emeril its a pretty easy money maker
2a45f677dbb93e3c6688e49f4cd8ceb3.png

got me enough for this sweet ride
e8de29aa624bab99b7b5b771e5e06fcc.jpg

Toxik

Contributor
Damn, that's a ton of cash but I don't have the patience to mine that much :(
Also, how come your ship only has one wing? I love that asymmetry

Toxik

Contributor
Are you fucking kidding me.
I just found out that when you find a crashed ship, you don't actually have to repair everything on it. Just the goddamn launch thruster and pulse engine.

All the damn ships I could have used if only it FUCKING TOLD ME THAT instead of just showing EVERY FUCKING THING AS BROKEN AND TELLING ME I NEED TO REPAIR THE SHIP BEFORE I USE IT

RZ19dKB.gif

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Are you fucking kidding me.
I just found out that when you find a crashed ship, you don't actually have to repair everything on it. Just the goddamn launch thruster and pulse engine.

All the damn ships I could have used if only it FUCKING TOLD ME THAT instead of just showing EVERY FUCKING THING AS BROKEN AND TELLING ME I NEED TO REPAIR THE SHIP BEFORE I USE IT

RZ19dKB.gif
oh wow i thought i'd have to repair everything as well, oh well atleast they werent actually that much better than my ship

Toxik

Contributor
oh wow i thought i'd have to repair everything as well, oh well atleast they werent actually that much better than my ship
True, most of the ships I found had either one less or one more slot than my ship, but still for a few cheap materials it's definitely worth having one more slot

Toxik

Contributor
New shiparino, salvaged this one
Still got all the weapons to repair, but looks neat

SslaqDD.png

Toxik

Contributor
man that one looks cool, i actually had a chance to get one like it, but it was way out of my price range
I wasn't a big fan of the big fan on the top, but the overall form and especially the wings got me, plus it was 1 slot more than my other ship

Toxik

Contributor
Just farmed about 5 millions by buying shit off NPC's on space stations and reselling them at the sales point

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just farmed about 5 millions by buying shit off NPC's on space stations and reselling them at the sales point
i hope they add incentives to do cross system trading because I do that too, to get money, and its boring af. But the profits are huge lol.

Toxik

Contributor
i hope they add incentives to do cross system trading because I do that too, to get money, and its boring af. But the profits are huge lol.
I can't wait until I find a system that has the Atlas Stones starred, shit tons of profits will be made that day

Toxik

Contributor
Has anyone gotten an Atlas Pass formula yet?

I found an Atlas space station and got a bunch of cool shit there, but have yet to find the anomaly where you get the formula for the pass

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Has anyone gotten an Atlas Pass formula yet?

I found an Atlas space station and got a bunch of cool shit there, but have yet to find the anomaly where you get the formula for the pass
just go into another starsystem and it should say space anomaly, where they'll give you it, the hard part is the v2 and v3 since there is no actual way to obtain them
or atleast not for me

Toxik

Contributor
Yaasss, found a space station that buys vortex cubes and dynamic resonators for a lot more than I buy them off ships
Already made 1m in less than 15 mins

Also, fucking finally got that atlas pass