Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
d3523a3571ef15fcbe754ac4023fbddc.png

Rest in pieces

sov

Legendary Skial King
Considering the immense hype toward No Man's Sky, I'm surprised to hear how broken the game is on PC

Toxik

Contributor
Just got the game, it's pretty fun so far but I can definitely see why some people wouldn't like it.
Where the fuck can I find those camps with weapons you can buy inside? I've been to a bunch of them but none of them had the weapon sales box

Toxik

Contributor
So far I'm one of the few people enjoying the game, even though they fixed item dupe cheats I still got enough money to trade a random dude for his ship that was better than mine

qKGIbFI.jpg

Toxik

Contributor
3A509BDEE17A111922B5DCC77355070E4DD7029E

New ship, it's like a mix of a Tie Fighter and an X-Wing, it even has a robot on the side
Fucking love it

Toxik

Contributor
They do raise good points, I mean the planets are by no means "fully destructible", sure you can use grenades to dig the ground and laser to gather materials, but there are flowers, grass and buildings that you cannot do anything with
I kinda liked the concept of finding your own way, but I definitely see how that would be a terrible start for many gamers who are used to being pointed to every single objective in almost every game
Also, many/most creatures come out pretty wonky, and they definitely do not have an "intelligence" that the creator spoke of, they just have a very basic AI where they either run away or attack

185db

Epic Skial Regular
They do raise good points, I mean the planets are by no means "fully destructible", sure you can use grenades to dig the ground and laser to gather materials, but there are flowers, grass and buildings that you cannot do anything with
I kinda liked the concept of finding your own way, but I definitely see how that would be a terrible start for many gamers who are used to being pointed to every single objective in almost every game
Also, many/most creatures come out pretty wonky, and they definitely do not have an "intelligence" that the creator spoke of, they just have a very basic AI where they either run away or attack
I havent actually played the game, does it have near limitless planets (including very similar ones)? And almost forgot, does it have those warring faction things?

Toxik

Contributor
I havent actually played the game, does it have near limitless planets (including very similar ones)? And almost forgot, does it have those warring faction things?
I've gone to 3 systems so far and have yet to see a faction war, but yeah the planets aren't completely unique, I've seen the same types of plants on many of them

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i got an cracked version of it because i didnt wanna sink my money into lies, but yeah its vastly different from what we were shown and much more inferior, its honestly strange, the ships barely have any control, the planets look dull, and space is slow and boring, there are no battles and theres no life or movement
honestly kinda shocking, because it looks like they have everything in there when they're showing it off,but none of its there

Toxik

Contributor
is there life on all planets?
No, some planets have either no animals, no plants or neither
Sentinels (the security drones) also have different temperaments based on the planet's natural resources, usually the better the resources the more likely they will fuck you up for no reason

i got an cracked version of it because i didnt wanna sink my money into lies, but yeah its vastly different from what we were shown and much more inferior, its honestly strange, the ships barely have any control, the planets look dull, and space is slow and boring, there are no battles and theres no life or movement
honestly kinda shocking, because it looks like they have everything in there when they're showing it off,but none of its there
I'm reaaaally looking forward to the patches and expansions they release, as they said they would release them for free instead of DLC. I think everyone who pre-paid felt super cheated, they expected an amazing game and got, well, a mining simulator
Also, a controller is a MUST for flying your ship. Mouse+keyboard is fucking terrible, but it's playable with a controller you keep on the side just for flying

Toxik

Contributor
After going on 3 planets with low animals, but rare resources and sentinels that attack me almost on sight or if I get too close to the resources, it's definitely annoying
I mean, the game itself isn't bad, but it definitely isn't worth the price tag