Multiple Weapons on vsh that NEED to be nerfed.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RockoRango, Jun 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Droplet

Droplet Totally Ordinary Human

Steam:

+1 to the mantreads and bfb nerf. -1 to everything else.

2. RockoRango

RockoRango Scarcely Lethal Noob

Steam:

Rethinking this, it’s more of a lose-lose situation, because the scout wastes all of his clip, has hardly any health, and loses ammo a lot faster. So scratch that.

3. White Moose

White Moose Totally Ordinary Human

Steam:

-1 to the majority of proposed nerfs and buffs
    except sniper ie: perhaps a player limit on sniper is a better solution.

the battalion banner is not to be nerfed b/c the player gives up on rocket jumping
    also rocko you are condescending in your responses, imo

4. Chairius™

Chairius™ Spectacularly Lethal Soldier

Steam:

no, maybe remove that 25% plus damage buff, because that's why it's stupidly overpowered and basically a direct upgrade to stock

5. RockoRango

Steam:

The only response imo I could’ve been seen as condesending is when I said I was “playing for years too” and “I’m almost always at the top of the leaderboard”, and that was only because it was the only way to respond in my pov without seeming like a douche.
    And I obviously don’t think my opinion is the only way, either; I’m open to suggestions, but the simple fact is that a bunch of those weapons, if not all, need some sort of balancing.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  6. Xero (someone already has this name?)

Xero (someone already has this name?) Uncharitable Spy Contributor

Steam:

-1 Baby face: Strafe/Just rage?
    -1 Battalion’s Backup: Jump away when active? Don't fight when you can clearly see it's active?
    -1 The Loose Cannon: This kind of makes sense but 80% of the time people only hit the first part which does 50% damage so I'm fine with knockback for trading 50% of my damage.
    0 The Mantreads: Meh
    0 All Sniper Rifles: Sniper Rifles aren't the problem, It's that the class needs a limit. No clue why this hasn't been added yet.
    -1 Gunboats: They're fine, useable on maps with no/less health packs.
    -1 Eureka Effect: Please no.
    -1 Winger: I see it all the time? It's fine.

Overall, only thing I think needs SERIOUS attention is sniper limit which has been asked for multiple times. Mantread Soldiers are only a problem on Military and Urban and since those maps are over played it makes it that much worse.

7. RockoRango

Steam:

Baby Face Blaster cannot be killed if it is a competent scout that knows how to strafe and shoot. Even by rage.
    Manthreads are abused EVERYWHERE; not just those two maps. If Manthreads weren’t so powerful, people would be using Gunboats.
    No one uses the Gunboats simply because the Manthreads are infinitely better. It’s far from fine; it’s inferior, and needs something that makes it worth using.
    The Winger needs a buff because you can hardly get any damage off of it; the last time it was useful, it was for goomba stomps, which they nerfed a long while ago.
    Battalion’s Backup, like everyone has been saying, can be countered by just jumping away. But when there are multiple ones that can get it with two hits, and have good aim, it’s barely fair for Hale. Two hits is ridiculous for something that powerful, and it gets easily abused in groups because of it.
    Yes, Sniper needs a limit; but with even something like 4 snipers in the same spot, it can be almost completely impossible to get them in any scenario that they have a ledge you have to jump to.

8. Xero (someone already has this name?)

Xero (someone already has this name?) Uncharitable Spy Contributor

Steam:

Winger has jump height, Doesn't need anything more. <forgot to add this>

Anyone could make this argument over literally every item allowed in VSH, "The Pain Train suck lets give it this or that." (for example)
    This game mode isn't supposed to be everyone can be able to be a PrO vSh GaMeR in like 10 minuets. You learn from mistakes and change next time, adapt. < remember this term is applies for every item nerf you suggested.
    I have no problem with any of these except sniper limit like I said, my overall vote still stands at -1.

9. RockoRango

Steam:

The point of making this thread, like I said earlier, is not because you can learn how to counter these weapons; it’s because it’s almost impossible to counter them. I didn’t make a thread because “I can’t get the people with these weapons because they’re too good with them”, it’s because “Hardly any hale can get to people with these weapons because the weapons are too powerful and unbalanced.” And yeah, I get that everyone could literally make every argument over all the weapons that aren’t being used, like The Short Circuit for example, but that would be useless because the thread is about how these weapons are almost always being used because of how superior they are to every other weapon (except the snipers).

10. Orthros

Orthros Somewhat Threatening Sniper

Steam:

Figured I'd throw my hat into the ring... (a hat w/ 2500+ VSH Hours across multiple servers over several years)

For the initial nerf propositions, I disagree with most. The only weapons on that list that I feel need to be nerfed are the Baby Face's Blaster & the Mantreads, and both for the same reason: too much mobility without a proper con to balance it out. The Mantreads are even iffy; it's much more a map problem as mentioned above. Perhaps I should recommend a map list... :thinking:

As for your suggested buffs, please for the love of Christ don't add those stats to Gunboats. That would make them even more annoying than the current Mantreads. I support the Eureka effect, I think that'd be kinda cool. The Winger idea is neat; you could add a Mantread landing effect while active to provide extra goomba damage and maybe even fall damage resistance.

Wheyloffle made a good point as well: a lot of players are just really good. Pardon my lack of modesty, but I topscore on probably 8/10 rounds, often with 150-200+ points. I can get 6k+ damage as Medic (without stealing damage via healing teammates) w/ the Crossbow, but I don't see a nerf suggestion for that on here. That's because it's only truly powerful in the hands of someone that can use it. (I get accused of hacking with it on a regular basis, so I think I qualify.) A lot of the weapons listed tend fall under that same sort of standard, the Direct Hit, Battalions, and Loose Cannon being primary candidates.

TL;DR: Nerf BFB & Mantreads. Look more into changing/replacing the map list with balanced maps. Consider potential buffs to Eureka Effect & Winger. Keep all other weapons the way they are.

Let me know your thoughts.
    -Orthros

11. Chairius™

Chairius™ Spectacularly Lethal Soldier

Steam:

^^^^
    this, agreed. bfb needs the damage bonus removed and the mantreads either need the rocketjump boost removed or the air control/knockback resist removed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. RockoRango

Steam:

Well, sure. You want only those, that’s fine. Sure players are good, LIKE I SAID I’M BOTH A GOOD HALE AND A TOP PLAYER, just to make that clear again, but the POINT was that the weapons give them an advantage vs another weapon like the stock rocket launcher. (You don’t have to tell everyone about your playtime or anything like that to make yours stand out, imo that’s egotistic unless there’s no other way to explain something other than to do it in that way. Just thought I needed to say that, because it feels like someone is trying to prove that their opinion matters more because they think they’re better. That tends to agitate me quite a bit).
    Also, a sniper limit is CRITICAL to the state of the servers atm. I just joined the US server, and it had 11 snipers on vsh_toys_v2. Come up with a reason why that would make any sense once so ever to not put in vsh, because hale 100% cannot win; that’s almost 1/3 of the whole server.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  13. Orthros

Steam:

First of all, that first paragraph might be the most hypocritical thing I've ever read.

Secondly, I never said I didn't like the idea of a sniper limit. I said "Keep all other weapons the way they are." And again, it's less a class problem and more a map problem.

To reiterate: +1 to BFB & Mantreads Nerf, Consideration of serious map changes, & Winger/EE buffs, and sniper limit. -1 to everything else.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Dragontamer

Dragontamer Sufficiently Lethal Scout Contributor

Steam:

Will a decision about this be made at all? It seems to have enough votes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Orthros

Steam:

@Wheyloffle if you don't mind me asking, which part of my above post do you disagree with? I'm not trying to change your mind or argue, I'm just wondering.

16. therealbarryplayer

therealbarryplayer Scarcely Lethal Noob

Steam:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice