Status
Not open for further replies.

Truth Seeker

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I hate to say this, but there is an overwhelming majority of members who want this back. If the people who run Skial claim that the community's opinion matters for anything, then it would be unwise to not listen to us on this issue. There are 3 people so far who want this gone, far more want it back. Ignoring the community opinion because those who disagree are in power would be a disgusting abuse of power. Don't pull the "but it's for your own good" bullshit. It isn't for our own good, you've solved nothing by getting rid of this. You've made members have to work harder to check on the community's response to what we have to say, you've opened the whole forum up to huge amounts of anonymous spamming, and you've done it in the name of "well, now you can be anonymous and not worry about retaliation". Please. This is the internet, giving people anonymity is the worst thing you can do, give people the ability to not be found, and they'll do either horrible shit, or just absolutely retarded stuff. I think the cons in the case, far outweigh the pros. Most of us seem to think the same way. I've had a couple members, including a couple admins message me on steam telling me how I hit the nail as squarely on the head as one could. That should mean the community is standing on firm ground to the higher ups.

The members, regular players and donators make Skial, we give this place the resources is needs for existing. If you give us a forum for bringing up issues, allow us to vote on it and give us any kind of idea that what we have to say matters, then ignoring what we want should come with a very legitimate reason for going against us. In some cases, yeah, not implementing what we want makes sense and is fine. In the case of this, the justification for doing it is part of the very reason it's a bad idea. More of us see it that way than agree with out. From what's been said, at the very least we want alerts when someone rates something, at most we want to see who rated what back.An alert saying "your post X has received a...blank...rating" doesn't seem impossible, and really shouldn't be. Why do you have this system in place if some issues are going to be ignored and declined simply because those in power disagree? While I don't think you should get rid of the suggestion section, if you're just going to deny suggestions because you personally don't agree with them, but a large portion of the community does, get rid of it so we stop wasting our time. Our time is just as valuable as yours, although you clearly don't think so. At some point you're going to shit on the community members enough that they're just going to up and leave. I highly doubt this will be the breaking point, but if you keep up this kind of conduct, you will reach it.
This is a gaming community, not a third world autocracy. We speak as a community

This is in all honesty a somewhat minor issue, but the community wants it back and has made that clear. On sheer principle of how the suggestion section works, we should get it back. That's really it at the end of the day.
I hate to say this, but there is an overwhelming majority of members who want this back. If the people who run Skial claim that the community's opinion matters for anything, then it would be unwise to not listen to us on this issue. I am such a flaming assfaggot dicklick fuckwit nignogwogwog bitchfaggot. There are 3 people so far who want this gone, far more want it back. Ignoring the community opinion because those who disagree are in power would be a disgusting abuse of power. Don't pull the "but it's for your own good" bullshit. It isn't for our own good, you've solved nothing by getting rid of this. You've made members have to work harder to check on the community's response to what we have to say, you've opened the whole forum up to huge amounts of anonymous spamming, and you've done it in the name of "well, now you can be anonymous and not worry about retaliation". Please. This is the internet, giving people anonymity is the worst thing you can do, give people the ability to not be found, and they'll do either horrible shit, or just absolutely retarded stuff. I think the cons in the case, far outweigh the pros. Most of us seem to think the same way. I've had a couple members, including a couple admins message me on steam telling me how I hit the nail as squarely on the head as one could. That should mean the community is standing on firm ground to the higher ups.

The members, regular players and donators make Skial, we give this place the resources is needs for existing. If you give us a forum for bringing up issues, allow us to vote on it and give us any kind of idea that what we have to say matters, then ignoring what we want should come with a very legitimate reason for going against us. In some cases, yeah, not implementing what we want makes sense and is fine. In the case of this, the justification for doing it is part of the very reason it's a bad idea. More of us see it that way than agree with out. From what's been said, at the very least we want alerts when someone rates something, at most we want to see who rated what back.An alert saying "your post X has received a...blank...rating" doesn't seem impossible, and really shouldn't be. Why do you have this system in place if some issues are going to be ignored and declined simply because those in power disagree? While I don't think you should get rid of the suggestion section, if you're just going to deny suggestions because you personally don't agree with them, but a large portion of the community does, get rid of it so we stop wasting our time. Our time is just as valuable as yours, although you clearly don't think so. At some point you're going to shit on the community members enough that they're just going to up and leave. I highly doubt this will be the breaking point, but if you keep up this kind of conduct, you will reach it.
This is a gaming community, not a third world autocracy. We speak as a community

This is in all honesty a somewhat minor issue, but the community wants it back and has made that clear. On sheer principle of how the suggestion section works, we should get it back. That's really it at the end of the day.
I hate to say this, but there is an overwhelming majority of members who want this back. If the people who run Skial claim that the community's opinion matters for anything, then it would be unwise to not listen to us on this issue. There are 3 people so far who want this gone, far more want it back. Ignoring the community opinion because those who disagree are in power would be a disgusting abuse of power. Don't pull the "but it's for your own good" bullshit. It isn't for our own good, you've solved nothing by getting rid of this. You've made members have to work harder to check on the community's response to what we have to say, you've opened the whole forum up to huge amounts of anonymous spamming, and you've done it in the name of "well, now you can be anonymous and not worry about retaliation". Please. This is the internet, giving people anonymity is the worst thing you can do, give people the ability to not be found, and they'll do either horrible shit, or just absolutely retarded stuff. I think the cons in the case, far outweigh the pros. Most of us seem to think the same way. I've had a couple members, including a couple admins message me on steam telling me how I hit the nail as squarely on the head as one could. That should mean the community is standing on firm ground to the higher ups.

5601085726_2d6d0560fb_z.jpg

CallMeBubblesDahling

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
Too long, read anyways. Good points, iffy delivery, could have gotten here faster. No tip.
+Dave
Sorry haha. I'm recovering from a recent surgery, so I'm a bit out of it most the time. Things will be shorter in the near future, I promise. I appreciate you actually reading it though lol.

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Are they hoping we just kinda forget about this? Why hasn't this been turned back? :suspicious:

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Are they hoping we just kinda forget about this? Why hasn't this been turned back? :suspicious:

I think Oaky said they wanted to give it some time before they made a opinion on it.

I have a feeling they're waiting for things to calm down a bit so they can slap us with a big "we're not going to change it back".

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
too bad the system's an all-or-nothing deal, otherwise chances are it would've been set to make only negative ratings anonymous

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Why is this such a big deal
it's an internet forum with imaginary and arbitrary post ratings that are meaningless

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So the list is back, but do we get notifications for when others rate our posts again?

EDIT: I just got an optimistic! This site is cool again!

Status
Not open for further replies.