Status
Not open for further replies.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I actually thought it may have been related to this. But good riddance, you people are way too uptight about ratings as it is and people get stupid about who rated something one way or another. you don't need to see who rated a post "agree" or "disagree" the fact that his has 6 "agrees" and 2 "disagrees" (or whatever) should be enough for you.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
AFAIK you still get alerts of what someone rates your post. You just can't see who rated other people's posts.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
wait, i understand now,

someone removed the ability to see other's ratings on their posts. what good reading can do.

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
It certainly got removed sometime today, as I remember the feature working just fine this morning. I don't see any clear reason of why it should have been removed. It's a useful feature, and it's nice to know who rated what post what rating, especially so you can write them a scathing reply.

Bottiger

Administrator
I thought about removing it a long time ago.

The problem with being able to see the list is that you are afraid to give people a negative rating in case they try to retaliate.

Reactions: Pat and sov

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I thought about removing it a long time ago.

The problem with being able to see the list is that you are afraid to give people a negative rating in case they try to retaliate.
If someone gets mad because you rated them dumb, then they probably aren't worth the trouble of an arguement.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
+1

I wanna see ratings again

Does this also mean no notifications about what ratings you get?

DanHack

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Removing the ratings list is nothing but detrimental. The whole point of rating others posts is to publicly show your opinion on something, not give private feedback.

By removing the ability to view ratings, it just enables people to dumb groups of people without the people knowing it.

It also undermines the whole rating system, as know since we don't know who's rating what, Jonathan's agree carries as much weight as Bottiger's or an admins agree.

To the response Larry the Locksmith gave prior to locking
http://www.skial.com/threads/let-us-see-who-rated-peoples-post.34698/page-2#post-389283
I'm just going to close this because:

1.) Alerts tell you who did it
2.) It shouldn't affect who rated you one way or the other

Maybe it will cut down on the "OH LOOK SOANDSO RATED MY POST DUMB. WHAT A DOUCHE."

This is similar to the reddit style. You can see upvotes and downvotes, but you would have to go and hunt the individual users that rated it up or down.
This isn't Reddit. There aren't thousands of anonymous lurkers who 99% wouldn't know who's who.
We know eachother and we want to express our opinion, the whole basis of all these other ratings and the ability to use agrees and etc were cause we didn't wanna publicly quote just to do *rates this agree*

So please, re-enable it and don't fix what isn't broken.
I don't believe anything has changed since then.

Reactions: Shula
Status
Not open for further replies.