Status
Not open for further replies.

Astir

Legendary Skial King
I plan to do small events in Server if I ever to become an admin. I believe Dustbowl EU should not be a monotone server.
What do you mean with small events?

Furthermore I pop in now and then to see whether everything is going fine,
I can confirm you are a regular on one of the Dustbowl servers.

Twilight

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Thank you all for your input. I do have a job and I am a student but I am one of the regulars in Dustbowl EU and all other regulars knows about me. I started this application back in 2011(December) I was going good then suddenly I heard that "No more admins are required in EU" yet I still never see admin on Dustbowl EU. I had to necrobump in terms of Sovereign, because I experience microphone spam in other languages, abusing commands, cheaters, abusive sprays while I play so I had to do it.

I plan to do small events in Server if I ever to become an admin. I believe Dustbowl EU should not be a monotone server.

Thanks again for your input and time.

I always try to make the community I am in a better place.
Can you explain what you are gonna do, cause odd are if its like melee only or some strange thing like that then someone will break the player imposed rules and not do what everyone else is doing. This in turn will put you in a bind are you gonna ban/kick/com block this player just cause he/she is following the rules imposed by bottiger wanting to play how regular.

I can see it now the regs will bitch at you to ban knowing you have admin and if you do then it will come off as abuse cause the ban is not justifiable since the player is breaking "server" rules not skial rules.

keep in mind that I'm assuming what you are thinking about doing, if its something different that won't possibly create this situation all power to you if you get admin

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Server events? Yeah I'm not sure that would work on a regular server unless it was approved and scheduled. This would give admins authority to remove players who aren't willing to participate in the event. However if you begin down that road, our numbers will begin to decline.

Kert

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I thought of giving away items from my inventory and from people who would want to give it away for free to regulars and people who are becoming a regular. Also that melee only or one-class only events. Just some basic ideas but I think when the time comes we can find a suitable event for the server with other admins. Its not a must but would be nice.

Astir

Legendary Skial King
I thought of giving away items from my inventory and from people who would want to give it away for free to regulars and people who are becoming a regular. Also that melee only or one-class only events. Just some basic ideas but I think when the time comes we can find a suitable event for the server with other admins. Its not a must but would be nice.
You can suggest that in the appropriate section. But imo it's a bad idea. What are you going to do when someone doesn't want to participate to your one class or melee only? Ban them? Kick them? There will always be a player that doesn't participate.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You can suggest that in the appropriate section. But imo it's a bad idea. What are you going to do when someone doesn't want to participate to your one class or melee only? Ban them? Kick them? There will always be a player that doesn't participate.
I would assume they just don't get a prize :D

Kert

If its possible we will find it together. Not a big deal just a nice detail. The important thing is doing what admin has to do. So, these events are not my first priorities. Thank you all for your input and good will.

Xem

Mildly Menacing Medic
I think Kert fits as Admin on the Dustbowl EU server, we play often together and he is very nice to everyone.
And this server clearly needs an Admin i saw a few Weeks ago a Hacker on this server but forgot what his name was...
Well i support him.

Reactions: staticvoid and Kert

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Well, sometimes I feel that its not fair but sure there must be a logical explanation at least I hope.

You were gone for 8 months then decided to come back and bump your application, that is one of the reasons you are not an admin right now. If you would of stayed active, you might of been made an admin a month ago when we made 6 people admin. Don't quote me on that.

Your activity only recently started to improve since you first put in your application. This was probably the main reason you were never even considered. There is nothing unfair going on.

I think skial has an "unwritten code" that says "if we have enough admins covering all the time zones then we don't need any more admins."Right now i think we are doing okay, and we just made six people admin a month ago.

I am not saying your chances are cut off, if we ever need more admins we will look at these applications and see who still qualify and who is still active.

Also, this is the third time you pmed me about your application. Stop.
Notice

Please do not add admins and ask them about your application every day. This will count against you.

A lack of response does not mean your application is denied. We will let you know quickly if you are extremely unqualified unless we are very busy.

Kert

All I wanted was an explanation, no need to get agressive. I dont mind as long as I get an answer if I am being declined or not.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I am just wondering why you call so many votebans. I am all for people using the votemenu to handle rule-breakers but most of them don't seem to have any explanation in your chat log.

http://stats.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=171949&filter=votemenu

0b880a75166700ce64381bf41fa2c9d6.png

2c23b406efb3ba68a4a4fc0e2d037648.png

f22fbac4eaea64cc3d214f9174af8fbe.png

So apparently there was an AFK... but there is an AFK manager so I don't really get why people voteban AFKs unless they are bypassing it.
72cd588baa647575b588fb8ad982a73a.png

Was his spray racist? Or just offensive?
5ddfacf4ba77157bf0a57656cbdcc78f.png

I'm not making accusations I'm just wondering what the deal is... it just seems to make sense to use /report on occasion if there are serious rule breakers instead of trying to voteban everyone. And as an admin are you just going to ban people who are offensive or AFK?

Kert

I am just wondering why you call so many votebans. I am all for people using the votemenu to handle rule-breakers but most of them don't seem to have any explanation in your chat log.

http://stats.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=171949&filter=votemenu

0b880a75166700ce64381bf41fa2c9d6.png

2c23b406efb3ba68a4a4fc0e2d037648.png

f22fbac4eaea64cc3d214f9174af8fbe.png

So apparently there was an AFK... but there is an AFK manager so I don't really get why people voteban AFKs unless they are bypassing it.
72cd588baa647575b588fb8ad982a73a.png

Was his spray racist? Or just offensive?
5ddfacf4ba77157bf0a57656cbdcc78f.png

I'm not making accusations I'm just wondering what the deal is... it just seems to make sense to use /report on occasion if there are serious rule breakers instead of trying to voteban everyone. And as an admin are you just going to ban people who are offensive or AFK?

Thank you for asking me this question. I dont find you accusatory and I am happy that you did ask me.

Afk=
I mostly use voteban for AFK in case if a team getting owned hardly, so if its affecting the balance of the game I use the command. Unfortunately, I dont have proof that they bypass it.
I am just a regular player who cares about enthusiastic players ambition to enjoy the game.

Spray =
I dont usually vote for sprays. That was a exception because it was very disrespectful and offensive for Muslim players. I understand that main stream media pumping up a biased information but that does not justify people using a religion based offensive sprays in a public server where we have children or teenagers under 18.
I grow up in a country where the goverment is secular and majority of community respects all religions. (meaning of secular) Thus, I am sensitive about freedom of faith and religion where freedom meaning that each one can think whatever they like and share the idea but in terms of self respect and respect of those whom are going to absorb that information.

Other =
First graph - I wouldnt wait for 2 minutes to use voteban. I just used a chat warning for that spam so that voteban must be for something else. Unfortunately, I am not sure since I cant remember. Just used a logic and waiting for 2 minutes didnt make sense, yet its possible that I voteban someone after warning them for medic spam.​
Second graph - Andrews was not votebanned there "asdf" meaning is "hahaha" or "lol" in Turkish I was just joking. If I remember correctly there was 2 regulars of EU DUSTBOWL were chatting about someone that they think for sure were cheating so I just used voteban for them which seemed a logical accusation to me. Again, I wouldnt wait 10 minutes to voteban.​
Third graph - The chat log is unrelated, there is a huge possibility that I used those votebans to kick AFKs in a competitive round.​

Explanation of self ; I am mostly noncompetitive player in TF2, however there are times I feel that I must win or give a good fight then, get competitive like almost everyone does. When this times I try to kick people whom are afk because we all give a fight and they are hurting the balance of game.
I will admit that rarely I voteban people whom are very hard noob where they dont know how to use uber charge or does it to annoy you. Its very rare but I always chose to be honest.
As most of the people in this forum I try to make this community a better place while trying to have fun and make people enjoy in noncompetitive or a competitive round.
I rarely rage or flame but I do. Should I ? No, its just a game; however, I am like most of the people.
I should also list my good sides;
  • - I am tolerant
  • - I dont use slang or bad language or I do very rarely
  • - I am friendly and I like people whom are friendly
  • - I give very high value to a smile or a laughter
  • - I like to make people laugh
  • - I am very justified person or you can call me very objective(neutral)
To answer your question;
as an admin are you just going to ban people who are offensive or AFK?
Simply no. However, I am not fully aware of what admin has to do and power of admin etc. For offensive players, I will try to handle them by means of communication. I never liked using power, because it shows that I could not handle the situation and I had to use my power where I count that as my fault.
For AFKs, if I ever become an admin I would like to talk to supervisor about modifying the AFK MANAGER in a way where it doesnt wait 5 minutes but waits for 1 minute in a "RUSH HOUR". I use the rush hour term for simply to symbolize the time of the day where all of the regulars are in game and the rounds are very competitive. So, for all day its 5 minutes but for 19:00 to 20:00 its 1 minute rule. As an admin, I wouldnt want to kick people in any case but I have to keep the game balanced in this case. So I will try to find a solution to that and if I cant I will just obey the rules.
So the answer is simply no.
Thank you again for taking time to review my acts and asking me these questions. I appreciated that. Feel free to ask me anything.

Astir

Legendary Skial King
Spray =
I dont usually vote for sprays. That was a exception because it was very disrespectful and offensive for Muslim players. I understand that main stream media pumping up a biased information but that does not justify people using a religion based offensive sprays in a public server where we have children or teenagers under 18.
I grow up in a country where the goverment is secular and majority of community respects all religions. (meaning of secular) Thus, I am sensitive about freedom of faith and religion where freedom meaning that each one can think whatever they like and share the idea but in terms of self respect and respect of those whom are going to absorb that information.
Where do you cross the line of something being funny or offensive? Are you religious? Since you live in Turkey, do you think there is any difference between one of the controversial Muhammed cartoons or one of the many Jesus cartoons?
Explanation of self ; I am mostly noncompetitive player in TF2, however there are times I feel that I must win or give a good fight then, get competitive like almost everyone does. When this times I try to kick people whom are afk because we all give a fight and they are hurting the balance of game.
I will admit that rarely I voteban people whom are very hard noob where they dont know how to use uber charge or does it to annoy you. Its very rare but I always chose to be honest.
Actually the reason AFK or being noob are no valid reasons to call a voteban. What would you do if you had admin powers? Warn them and if they don't stop being noob ban them? Can you clarify?
Simply no. However, I am not fully aware of what admin has to do and power of admin etc. For offensive players, I will try to handle them by means of communication. I never liked using power, because it shows that I could not handle the situation and I had to use my power where I count that as my fault.
You can go through the admin commands to see what an admin is capable off. You can find them here if you need to refresh. What do you mean with the fact you don't like power?
For AFKs, if I ever become an admin I would like to talk to supervisor about modifying the AFK MANAGER in a way where it doesnt wait 5 minutes but waits for 1 minute in a "RUSH HOUR". I use the rush hour term for simply to symbolize the time of the day where all of the regulars are in game and the rounds are very competitive. So, for all day its 5 minutes but for 19:00 to 20:00 its 1 minute rule. As an admin, I wouldnt want to kick people in any case but I have to keep the game balanced in this case. So I will try to find a solution to that and if I cant I will just obey the rules.
So the answer is simply no.
Thank you again for taking time to review my acts and asking me these questions. I appreciated that. Feel free to ask me anything.
You can make a suggestion here, you shouldn't wait for being admin to make a suggestion.
http://www.skial.com/forums/suggestions.13/

Reactions: staticvoid

Kert

I will go by the line of your questions;
  1. if it violates other persons freedom.( for your example, I dont have to see cartoons of Jesus)(FYI there is no photo or picture for Muhammed the Prophet(S.A.V) its not same for Jesus its forbidden and the reason is too deep to explain research if you would like)
  2. I dont think I have to answer personal question on admin application. I just dont think that should matter in any case for my application, if you are curious about me. You can add me as friend and you can ask personal question when we get to know each other.
  3. I believe people should respect for the believes of others. So, no one should publicize cartoons of that kind. Burning Kur'an or Cartoon of Jesus.
  4. I wouldnt warn someone for being noob, as an admin I dont care who is noob. No punishment for being noob, its normal. As a regular player I rarely do voteban for noob and that is when I rage and that happened once or twice in all of this time I played. As everyone I go on rage and flame but its rarely.
  5. I can pretty much guess and know about what admin is capable of, what I meant was the borders of the authority and the obligations of adminship.
  6. I meant that I dont like to use power. That doesnt mean that I wont, I mostly just prefer to fix things by means of communication which is the good way in my opinion.
  7. Thank you for the directions.
P.S I am an honest and naively friendly person, I have a favor to ask Admins about warning me for trolls. Or basically letting me know whom I should care to answer for application.

Astir

Legendary Skial King
Both mittens and I posed questions that were related to your admin app, we have to test how you would react in certain situations.

I think you answered the questions in a calm and mature way. I don't interfere with admin apps easily but you answered with reasoning. Although we are talking about a controversial subject, you shouldn't interfere personal life and feelings with your admin status. (E.g.: in our Belgian society, the n-word is tolerated and I am not hurt or angry by seeing it, but I will punish for it if repetitive due to Skial (American, with other values and standards) rules forbidding it.). That should be the same for a religion or religious sprays. For example a cartoon that laughs with a prophet is offensive, but not bannable. There are many trolls out there who like to provoke others and especially us admins if they can. That's why we need people that have a very thick skin, and don't let Skial issues interfere with personal issues.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I gotta say, I really don't like the idea of people being banned over potentially "offensive" sprays like that. I know that technically "insults to religion" is against the rules but so is sexual orientation and gender... neither of which are really enforced unless there is some over-the-top harassment going on. I could see banning for some serious religious insult or threats but I really don't like the idea of that. If someone is offended they can turn off sprays or simply not look at the image (of course this depends on the image) but I don't like the idea of enforcing religious doctrine.

As for banning noobs. I don't like that answer either. There should never be a time when a voteban is called because someone is a "noob" and even though you say that has only happened a couple times it shouldn't have happened at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.