• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

SELECT UP TO 2 CLASSES YOU WOULD KILL OFF

• Total voters

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That was not the problem. The problem was that the Short Circuit didn't have any weaknesses compared to the pistol (which isn't true). The biggest weakness of the Short Circuit is that it's useless for killing people.

The problem is your kill potential doesn't go down, even losing the pistol. You can still shotgun people, you really don't lose anything from losing your pistol.

CobraX

Mildly Menacing Medic
The problem is your kill potential doesn't go down, even losing the pistol. You can still shotgun people, you really don't lose anything from losing your pistol.

And then you get into that rare situation, where you're out of shotgun ammo and not near your dispenser or an ammo box...

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
And then you get into that rare situation, where you're out of shotgun ammo and not near your dispenser or an ammo box...
You'd have to be very oblivious about your ammo and ammo spawns for this to happen. In my experience playing as engineer I rarely have to use a pistol in general whether its for cleanups or annoying someone midrange.

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
Do you even read my entire post(s)? lol.
(1.317 hours and counting btw)

Why would I read your entire post when you want people to use a terrible weapon in a way that makes you an easy Sniper target for only a chance to disable a sentry so your team can maybe do something about it, when the Direct Hit is a thing.

The Cow Manger is best used for trolling, or MvM, its alt-fire ability is trash, and the window that it gives to you to do anything to a disabled sentry hinges on the rest of your team being around in that 1.5 seconds while you furiously try to reload, and that's only if the other team's Sniper(s) let you fire your charged shot that leaves you an easy target in a Sniper sight line.

The very fact that you say that you're a Soldier main, and advocate the Cow Mangler for buildings, leaves me to believe you are a shit Soldier. :lol:

Edit: I'm not entirely sure that the Cow Mangler alt-fire projectile is immune to the Short Circuit, either, considering that it can be airblasted like a normal rocket. I've never tested this theory, as I don't use the Mangler on buildings.

CobraX

Mildly Menacing Medic
Why would I read your entire post when you want people to use a terrible weapon in a way that makes you an easy Sniper target for only a chance to disable a sentry so your team can maybe do something about it, when the Direct Hit is a thing.

The Cow Manger is best used for trolling, or MvM, its alt-fire ability is trash, and the window that it gives to you to do anything to a disabled sentry hinges on the rest of your team being around in that 1.5 seconds while you furiously try to reload, and that's only if the other team's Sniper(s) let you fire your charged shot that leaves you an easy target in a Sniper sight line.

The very fact that you say that you're a Soldier main, and advocate the Cow Mangler for buildings, leaves me to believe you are a shit Soldier. :lol:

Edit: I'm not entirely sure that the Cow Mangler alt-fire projectile is immune to the Short Circuit, either, considering that it can be airblasted like a normal rocket. I've never tested this theory, as I don't use the Mangler on buildings.

I must say that you're on top of the leaderboards when it comes down to arrogance. You haven't even seen me play as a Soldier, yet you've already come to a conclusion. The Cow Mangler 5000 is not my primary Soldier weapon, the Beggar's Bazooka is. However lately I've also been experimenting with the Liberty Launcher and the Air Strike.

Nehalem

Mildly Menacing Medic
1. Engineer - This is a first person shooter. Having a class that builds little aim bots that shoot people for you is just stupid. If limited to only one choice then this would be the guy to get cut.

2. Heavy - This class's skill ceiling is so low that it feels out of place when compared to the other classes.

Take away those two classes and I honestly think the game would be more enjoyable for everyone.

SuperNewman

Face-Melting F2Per
I must say that you're on top of the leaderboards when it comes down to arrogance....

Because I'm right? Soldier has three decent launchers (four if you count the Original as a separate launcher), the rest are either broken overpowered, or broken underpowered, with the Mangler being the least broken underpowered launcher, imho. The Liberty Launcher is a crutch (was actually better with three higher damage rockets, even though the DPS was the same as it is currently), and the Air Strike is nigh useless unless you are using it with the BASE Jumper, and then its only OK until you get a few kills with it.

The Beggar's Bazooka is a broken infinite clip rocket launcher with the only downside being shit long range sentry harassment on account of the rocket deviation, which works in its favor when you are abusing it up close. It's the "I can't aim worth a fuck" spam cannon, almost Loch n' Load tier broken, in my opinion.

EwanLan

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Heavy - This class's skill ceiling is so low that it feels out of place when compared to the other classes.
Heavy's skill ceiling is not low, you just expect it to be low because of the point and shoot aspect.
Positioning and map awareness makes the best heavy's hard to kill and this is where heavy's skill ceiling is formed from

Nehalem

Mildly Menacing Medic
Heavy's skill ceiling is not low, you just expect it to be low because of the point and shoot aspect.
Positioning and map awareness makes the best heavy's hard to kill and this is where heavy's skill ceiling is formed from
Positioning and awareness relates to all classes. In an attempt to support your argument you have gone off topic.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
1. Engineer - This is a first person shooter. Having a class that builds little aim bots that shoot people for you is just stupid. If limited to only one choice then this would be the guy to get cut.

2. Heavy - This class's skill ceiling is so low that it feels out of place when compared to the other classes.

Take away those two classes and I honestly think the game would be more enjoyable for everyone.
Engineer isn't geared around his ability to combat other classes. He is geared around Area denial. And the only way to do this is to take care of your buildings which has a a rather high skill ceiling. Especially when dealing with demomen, soldiers, spys, and most importantly ubers. Sentry placement also has a great deal of thinking go into it. You have to learn a map's geography and determine where your sentry is most effective and out of enemy range. 9 times out of 10 when an enemy pops uber they're going for YOU. And the decisions you make here are absolutely critical to the remainder of your team's defense.

Engineer has a plenty high skill ceiling. It's just different from the other classes.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Engineer isn't geared around his ability to combat other classes. He is geared around Area denial. And the only way to do this is to take care of your buildings which has a a rather high skill ceiling. Especially when dealing with demomen, soldiers, spys, and most importantly ubers. Sentry placement also has a great deal of thinking go into it. You have to learn a map's geography and determine where your sentry is most effective and out of enemy range. 9 times out of 10 when an enemy pops uber they're going for YOU. And the decisions you make here are absolutely critical to the remainder of your team's defense.

Engineer has a plenty high skill ceiling. It's just different from the other classes.

His area denial is the only area denial that does not require active input. In addition, it's not a high skill ceiling if it requires two players on their team just to counter you. Which is the primary issue of Engineer.
Give him something absolutely retarded, like Rescue Ranger + Wrangler, which let's him survive long enough for an uber to run out of ammo...
Or a pompson + short circuit, which effectively crutch counters all his counters making the only way to effectively beat the engineer is to zerg rush him with the entire team.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
His area denial is the only area denial that does not require active input. In addition, it's not a high skill ceiling if it requires two players on their team just to counter you. Which is the primary issue of Engineer.
Give him something absolutely retarded, like Rescue Ranger + Wrangler, which let's him survive long enough for an uber to run out of ammo...
Or a pompson + short circuit, which effectively crutch counters all his counters making the only way to effectively beat the engineer is to zerg rush him with the entire team.
If the person popping the uber is worth a damn they'd pick up on this and take you out first. And the only way to use the pomson is to leave your nest and hunt the medic down, and if you want to do that, be my guest. Not to mention the changes made to the pomson make it way harder to hit a medic because it doesn't penetrate targets anymore. Also, since it doesn't hit multiple times it is way less effective, 10 uber is like 5 seconds. And the rescue ranger gives the engineer no self defense options, so if his sentry is being sapped or he encounters an enemy on the way back to his nest, he is likely going to lose the exchange.

Although I do agree, the short circuit is dumb and way too easy to use.

EwanLan

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Positioning and awareness relates to all classes. In an attempt to support your argument you have gone off topic.
I never said that other classes dont need positioning and awareness. I was just pointing out how its a major part of playing heavy and can give the player an edge.