• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

SELECT UP TO 2 CLASSES YOU WOULD KILL OFF

• Total voters

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Apart from the obvious ramifications with redundant items, would killing off one or more classes be able to improve the game?
Which class or classes would you snuff out and why?
Or would you like to see the ever elusive 10th class appear, and what would/should that class be?

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'd only pick one, but most classes have their reasons.

Scout: Jumpy/Gaystrafing baddies. Also the soda popper.

Pyro: The class counters almost everything, and requires a mouse and 1 button to be played effectively, even in competitive *cough* flarepunch scripts *cough*.

Engineer: Gunslinger/RR+Wrangle combo. No skill involved, just spam RR and spam mini-sentries.

Spy: I bet spy mains are so proud of being able to M2 till they're behind someone, and press M1. Bonus points for edgy/shittalking spy mains. Faggots.

That's pretty much my reasons. I'm also talking about this on a competitive level, and not the shitfests that pubs are.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Apart from the obvious ramifications with redundant items, would killing off one or more classes be able to improve the game?
Which class or classes would you snuff out and why?
Or would you like to see the ever elusive 10th class appear, and what would/should that class be?
If there ever was a tenth class... I'd love to the tenth class be Saxton Hale.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Shit man, the heavy. The only thing I like about the heavy is his personality and cosmetics. Other than that, he's a fat guy with an insane amount of health and a minigun that can obliterate several players within mere seconds. Only things that could really put down a heavy effectively is a spy or a sniper with charge enough to do 300+ damage cause medics cradle heavies like diapers, other than that, unless the heavy is retarded, he'll acknowledge the first hit and find his new victim or retreat. Even with engineer, it takes time to slap a level 3 sentry gun so it shouldn't be something to complain about but there's no time for a heavy to slaughter again, not to mention he's mobile unlike a sentry. Tell me again why TF2 labels the heavy in the defense section with the Demoman and Engineer?

As for the 10th class, Mrs. Pauling or however you spell it.

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I will take my "Engineer would not change the game if he was removed," opinion to my grave.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I don't think killing off a class would improve the game but rather make it more interesting.

Engineer: annoying class. Keep it in the game but allow engies to use the teleporter and dispenser only.
Medic: fair fight for everyone.

I hope i wasn't too verbose :wink:

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Well, a really good sniper can pretty much ruin everybody's day so there is that.

Pretty much anything a spy can do, a competent sniper could do better so they are a little worthless in my opinion

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Maybe the only class that wouldn't unbalance the game.
Nah, without medics, heavies burn out way too soon. Best case scenario they just hang out around health packs and do pure defense.

And with ubers gone the engineer gets a slight edge.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Nah, without medics, heavies burn out way too soon. Best case scenario they just hang out around health packs and do pure defense.

And with ubers gone the engineer gets a slight edge.

ZRmBEzP.png

Our only hope.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Kill Engineer. It's the only class that if your playstyle is requiring more skill, you're playing less effectively.
in all honesty, what would change if engy was removed? 10 minute long defense rounds because all of red is engy, in all honesty that just ruins the game, both for the attackers and defenders.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
in all honesty, what would change if engy was removed? 10 minute long defense rounds because all of red is engy, in all honesty that just ruins the game, both for the attackers and defenders.
I just wish Valve would make a change to Engineer that would make him require skill. He's essential on many Attack/Defense oriented maps for teleporting people and so that BLU doesn't zerg rush the hell of the objectives, but at the same time, he's the only AOD class that requires no input at all from the player.