Vinsu

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Hey guys, I was doing a paypal transaction with iRepLebs today, in which I paid him $100. He then said he would take a minute to sell me my keys. I am waiting, and I notice he goes offline, says he unadded me, and theres an error for me adding him. I contacted my friend who reffered me to him and he could also verify he unadded him and could not send him a request.

I really hope this is a steam error or something.. but can I get some advice on what I should do now?

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Eek, bad trade. Should have used a middleman. He probably scammed you bad. Did he change his name?

Vinsu

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Yeah, I don't understand though. He had 5 pages of steamrep, and he was a supplier to my main key dealer.

Morbuzka

His last online was an hour ago. He got you, probably. Sometimes, even the best people turn evil when they see the opportunity... :(

Morbuzka

You may be able to get your money back if you file some sort of report with paypal or something

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You can request a chargeback from Paypal depending on how you set the category. I think if you send it as a gift then there's no chance.

Vinsu

Wicked Nasty Engineer
okay. Wait though, my dad was the one who set this up and hes leaving in a bit. Could I do this some other time with a chance to get it back, or would I have to do it now?

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
okay. Wait though, my dad was the one who set this up and hes leaving in a bit. Could I do this some other time with a chance to get it back, or would I have to do it now?
You have 45 days from the transaction date to report it.

EDIT: If you said it as a gift I think you're SOL. This is just a reminder to check SR before doing something like this. This was a hefty Paypal trade and he's commited MULTIPLE paypal scams. Also a reminder that you will get marked as a caution if you continue to trade with marked scammers. Obviously you got caught blind here, but just a reminder to check.