Thanks all, I do have screenshots 5 actually (the entire conversation). I also put the scammer's name in the chargeback.. and it seems as if I might be able to get my cash back.

EDIT: The way he phrased everything, the moron even put the message I put in for the payment about "buying 83 keys etc." and it clearly shows in my trade history nothing was received anywhere near the time this scam happened.
Well Vinsu you can't get your items or cash back 1 way or the other. Just next time if you're buying stuff always check there rep I always get people adding me with cheap key prices when they're obviously scammers 1 even said he was going to go first (I didn't trade him for obvious reasons) (But he did say that his account got hacked that's why he got marked (I still didn't trade him for obvious reasons).

Always do it with people with a lot rep not steam rep on there profile source op, skial rep etc. But also check when the most recent +rep was on his rep page because he may be a filthy scammer by then.

I also forgot about Charge Backs, but it's hard for them to be sucseful.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
stop fucking saying he can't get his cash back. Paypal believes in chargebacks

Vinsu

Wicked Nasty Engineer
I'm not saying Mystic is wrong. But in my screenshots I have it clearly says by the scammer himself what I was buying. In my trade history, they will see nothing of the sort being obtained, though it shows that my $100 was sent to him on paypal.

Vinsu

Wicked Nasty Engineer
well just by reading what you have told about the scam and doing a little back work on finding info. steam has clearly stated that they do not support pay pal trades and paypal has also said that they would not try to get your money back from just a screen shot. they need hard proof. all i can tell you is its just best to forget and move on and not let it drag you down. just get back to that hat simulator and show him you can get your items that you want when you want them.
you can see the screenshots yourself, I don't know why I wouldn't have enough evidence.
http://prntscr.com/n97hw
http://prntscr.com/n97js
http://prntscr.com/n97m0
http://prntscr.com/n97mx
http://prntscr.com/n97o8

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm not saying Mystic is wrong. But in my screenshots I have it clearly says by the scammer himself what I was buying. In my trade history, they will see nothing of the sort being obtained, though it shows that my $100 was sent to him on paypal.
It doesn't matter if it's clear or not since Paypal support can be iffy on "virtual goods"

Boa-Noah

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I'm not suggesting that you lie to Paypal but I do know that they will side with the buyer before the seller, especially if there were no goods delivered (Paypal doesn't support digital item sales), or if the buyer can claim that they weren't the ones to make the payment.

That's what that chick did on SOP when she tried to chargeback a couple grand in Unusual purchases, Paypal would've sided with her if she didn't try to scam a dozen people at the same time.

Devin64156

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
but pay pal has stated that you need to buy virtual at your own risk. they did not state that they would give full cash backs if you had all of the proof due to the fact that they have been scammed before by two people that know each other and would claim some one stole there stuff. that's how paypal lost some of there money. they started to tell people that they were done supporting virtual goods and to buy at your own risk

no one in this thread is saying that you are not telling the truth we are just stating that it might be hard to get your money back when they warned you.

what would do is bring it up with a skial adman and see if they cant put a warning or alert on there steam rep and that might prevent others from getting scamed. and if your lucky they might work out a deal with the guy to remove the warning or other if he gave you the items you were wanting.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
stop fucking saying he can't get his cash back. Paypal believes in chargebacks

Hopefully by now he's learned not to trust what people on the internet say. He can get his money back, unlikely but possible. And to everyone just flat out saying he won't... he can at least try.

Reactions: Chiefmiest

Vinsu

Wicked Nasty Engineer
In that case don't bother with paypal, call the credit card company. Paypal can't reverse the transaction, they're just the middleman.
That's probably what my dad did, and by the way.. why the Hell are you guys trying to tell me to stop trying? I'm certain if you lost $100 you'd at least try to get it back.. I'm determined to not let this guy keep getting away with scamming people.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That's probably what my dad did, and by the way.. why the Hell are you guys trying to tell me to stop trying? I'm certain if you lost $100 you'd at least try to get it back.. I'm determined to not let this guy keep getting away with scamming people.
He's already pretty much been stopped. He's marked on SR. Most people would stop at that. He makes new Paypal accounts constantly to avoid charges. You can try to put in a steam support ticket, but they don't support paypal trades so they probably won't put a trade ban up.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Just start a claim with paypal, if it came from your credit card they'll just forward the claim to the credit company. The credit company wants to make you happy, so they typically reverse the charges regardless of circumstance. That's why paypal sucks for sellers.

Vinsu

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Just start a claim with paypal, if it came from your credit card they'll just forward the claim to the credit company. The credit company wants to make you happy, so they typically reverse the charges regardless of circumstance. That's why paypal sucks for sellers.
That sounds like the best advice so far, so I guess I'll try that.

sov

Legendary Skial King
Credit card companies is the thing I would go to at the same time as going to PayPal. Credit Card companies will want to keep you as a customer and keep you satisfied with them.