Vinsu

Wicked Nasty Engineer
well my dad left for work.. is there any other person I can talk to in hoped of either getting the money I paid back, or keys that I spent money for?

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
well my dad left for work.. is there any other person I can talk to in hoped of either getting the money I paid back, or keys that I spent money for?
Not really. The best you can hope for is try to talk him into giving him what you wanted. It's that or attempt to get the money back via Paypal. Chances are slim on both unfortunately.

sov

Legendary Skial King
Try to talk to your main key supplier to chat to the scammer and see if he got the keys from HIM and not someone else with the same name, etc.

Vinsu

Wicked Nasty Engineer
he unadded me and my friend, his profile cant be seen by unadded people. How can I contact him? Ive actually convinced people to give me back small items before, but not on this scale.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
he unadded me and my friend, his profile cant be seen by unadded people. How can I contact him? Ive actually convinced people to give me back small items before, but not on this scale.
Well considering this is his MO, it's highly unlikely you're going to get your items. You can try to re-add him, but I doubt that'll happen.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
The only other hope is dependent on how the funds were transferred in paypal. If they were pulled from a bank then the bank may be able to help out, but if they were funds added to paypal you're pretty much SOL. Just read that gifts won't really be entertained as a dispute.

bluehawk

Legendary Skial King
Make a full report to PayPal explain in detail everything that happened and send screen shots 100% guarantee you get money back

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Make a full report to PayPal explain in detail everything that happened and send screen shots 100% guarantee you get money back

Not 100% guarantee since he marked it as a gift.

When you mark things as gifts, there is an implication that you do not intend to receive anything in return. He would have to provide pretty definitive and hefty information to get the transaction reversed. As in basically the guy would have to admit in writing that he never intended to give the items purchased. As far as paypal's concerned, the guy could be preparing the delivery of said items.

Never hurts to try, but I wouldn't expect the money back.

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Ah. That hurts to read. Hopefully next time you will not send anything as a gift over paypal, and always check source rep as takethepants noted. Also using a middleman I.E an admin of a trusted trade server or website, is always a good idea for next time.

Chiefmiest

Server-Clearing Cynic
Always take precautions. Tell them you're going to video tape the transactions. They go first unless they have lots of rep and you can trust them. Tell them to link their steamrep also.

Vinsu

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Thanks all, I do have screenshots 5 actually (the entire conversation). I also put the scammer's name in the chargeback.. and it seems as if I might be able to get my cash back.

EDIT: The way he phrased everything, the moron even put the message I put in for the payment about "buying 83 keys etc." and it clearly shows in my trade history nothing was received anywhere near the time this scam happened.

Devin64156

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
well just by reading what you have told about the scam and doing a little back work on finding info. steam has clearly stated that they do not support pay pal trades and paypal has also said that they would not try to get your money back from just a screen shot. they need hard proof. all i can tell you is its just best to forget and move on and not let it drag you down. just get back to that hat simulator and show him you can get your items that you want when you want them.